If you love immersing yourself in nature while also striving for a greener future, eco travel is the perfect choice for your Vietnam travel experience. Many tourists have already opted for eco travel when exploring Vietnam, and with good reason. The country offers a variety of eco-friendly destinations, from lush forests and stunning beaches to vibrant cities.
1. Things to learn about eco travel (green travel)
1.1. Definition of eco travel
What is the eco travel, green travel definition, or eco tourism definition? Eco travel, green travel, or eco tourism, is a form of sustainable tourism that seeks to minimize the environmental impact of travel activities.
It involves adopting responsible and ethical practices, such as conserving natural resources, supporting local communities, and preserving cultural heritage. A good eco tourism example would be staying in an eco-friendly lodge that uses renewable energy sources and supports the local conservation efforts. By minimizing their carbon footprint and contributing positively to the places they visit, eco-travelers help protect the planet.
This type of travel is gaining popularity as more people become aware of the importance of sustainable tourism.
1.2. Criteria of eco travel
To be considered an eco travel destination, meeting the following criteria is essential:
- Use of environmentally friendly materials in construction and operation
- Provision of safe and eco-friendly solutions for both the health of visitors and the natural environment
- Minimization of negative impacts on environmental resources
- The evaluation of a tourism product's "greenness", which depends on the level of environmental friendliness in all factors involved in its creation
1.3. Benefits of eco travel
Here are some benefits of eco travel, which offer advantages for both travelers and the environment:
- Environmental conservation: Eco travel promotes environmental conservation by encouraging travelers to visit natural areas without causing harm to the environment. This includes reducing waste, conserving water and energy, and using eco-friendly transportation options.
- Support for local communities: Eco travel supports local communities by providing income and employment opportunities for locals. This also helps to preserve the local culture and traditions.
- Enhanced travel experience: Eco travel provides an authentic travel experience, allowing travelers to connect with nature and local communities in a deeper way. This often results in a more meaningful and fulfilling travel experience.
- Reduced carbon footprint: Reducing your carbon footprint is a key goal of eco travel, which encourages sustainable practices like using public transportation, walking, or biking instead of driving or flying. Choosing these eco-friendly transportation options is widely recognized as the most environmentally responsible and the most eco-friendly way to travel.
- Improved health and well-being: Eco travel promotes physical activity and outdoor recreation, which can improve overall health and well-being. Spending time in nature has also been shown to reduce stress and increase happiness.
1.4. Models of eco travel
How to travel eco-friendly? There are several popular models of eco travel today, including:
- Eco travel combined with sports and physical activities
- Eco travel that limits or eliminates the use of plastic products
- Eco travel that prioritizes the use of sustainable travel options such as biking or public transportation
- Participation in waste clean-up and maintenance activities at eco travel sites
- Preference for choosing eco-friendly accommodations with green spaces, proximity to nature, and environmentally friendly designs
>>> Check out mice in travel to combine business and leisure at the same time!
2. The development of eco travel in Vietnam
Vietnam has great potential for developing eco travel, with notable advantages such as:
- Abundant natural resources: Vietnam is a country with diverse natural resources, from majestic mountains to stunning beaches. This offers great potential for eco travel development.
- Cultural diversity: Vietnam is home to 54 ethnic groups, each with its own unique culture and traditions. This diversity can be leveraged to offer immersive and authentic cultural experiences for eco-tourists.
- Strategic location: Vietnam's location in Southeast Asia makes it an ideal destination for eco-tourists traveling to the region. The country is easily accessible by air and has good transportation infrastructure, making it easy for tourists to get around and explore its natural and cultural attractions.
- Government support: The Vietnamese government has recognized the potential of eco travel and shown support for its development. This can be seen in policies and initiatives which aim at preserving natural resources and promoting sustainable tourism.
- Increasing demand for sustainable tourism: With the increasing awareness of environmental protection and sustainable development, eco travel has become an attractive option for many tourists.
Vietnam has significant potential for developing eco travel, but there are still challenges that need to be addressed. One such challenge is the limited professional skills and knowledge among some local people, who may not yet know how to promote and improve the tourism industry in their region.
Additionally, some tourists lack awareness of proper waste disposal while traveling, which requires more effective measures to be implemented. Furthermore, weak management by local authorities has led to uncontrolled construction projects that harm the natural landscapes of the destination.
Addressing these constraints is crucial to promote sustainable and responsible green travel in Vietnam.
>>> Explore Vietnam's mice tourism and its huge benefits to the participants!
3. What are the top eco tourism destinations in Vietnam?
3.1. Quang Nam green travel
Quang Nam, located in Central Vietnam, offers many options for eco-friendly travel, from exploring ancient cultural sites to hiking through pristine national parks. Here are some eco travel attractions in Quang Nam:
- Cu Lao Cham Marine Park: As a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve located in Hoi An, Cu Lao Cham is a group of islands that offers a variety of eco tourism activities such as swimming, scuba diving, watersports, etc.
- My Son Sanctuary: As a UNESCO World Heritage Site, My Son is a cluster of partially ruined Hindu temples constructed between the 4th and 14th century AD.
- Bay Mau Coconut Forest: Located in Hoi An, Bay Mau offers visitors the opportunity to experience the traditional culture of the local community, including basket boat riding, fishing, and handicraft making.
- Tra Que Vegetable Village: Located 3 kilometers away from the center of Hoi An City, Tra Que is a small village that offers visitors the opportunity to learn about traditional Vietnamese farming practices and to participate in farming activities.
3.2. Da Nang green travel
Da Nang is one of the best eco travel destinations in Vietnam, with its unspoiled beaches and majestic mountains.
The city boasts a variety of eco travel destinations, including Hoa Phu Thanh tourism area, Ngam Doi eco tourism area, and Suoi Hoa eco tourism area, which have utilized the surrounding natural environment to provide distinctive green tourism experiences. Here, visitors can participate in exciting green travel services like waterfall sliding, zipline riding, and kayaking to enrich their overall travel experiences.
Besides, there are several other eco-friendly destinations in Da Nang that you should not miss out on:
- Son Tra Peninsula: Son Tra Peninsula is a nature reserve that offers visitors the opportunity to explore the forest on a trek, enjoy a panoramic view of the sea, and observe the local wildlife.
- Marble Mountains: As a cluster of five marble and limestone hills located just south of Da Nang, the Marble Mountains offer a variety of eco tourism activities such as hiking, rock climbing, and visiting Buddhist temples and caves.
- Han River: Han River runs through the center of Da Nang and offers visitors the opportunity to take scenic cruises and enjoy the city's stunning waterfront views.
3.3. Hanoi green travel
Hanoi is one of the must-visit destinations on the green travel list, thanks to its rich culture, history, and beautiful landscapes. Here are some green travel attractions that should be included in your Hanoi travel journey:
- Thong Nhat Park: Located in the heart of Hanoi, Thong Nhat Park is a large green space that offers a variety of outdoor activities such as jogging, cycling, and picnicking.
- Botanical Gardens Hanoi: Also located in the heart of the city, Botanical Gardens Hanoi offers visitors a chance to explore fields, gardens, lakes, and islets. It is a perfect place to unwind from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Huong Pagoda: This pagoda is a sacred site for Buddhists and a popular destination for eco-tourists. Visitors can hike through the forest to reach the temple, take in the stunning views, and learn about the history of the area.
- Ba Vi National Park: Located about 60 kilometers west of Hanoi, Ba Vi National Park is another popular destination for eco-tourists. The park features a diverse range of flora and fauna, as well as several hiking trails that offer stunning views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
3.4. Nha Trang green travel
Nha Trang is a coastal city in Central Vietnam that boasts numerous green travel attractions. One of the most popular eco travel destinations in Nha Trang is Hon Ba Nature Reserve, which is located about 60 kilometers away from the city center. The reserve is home to a wide range of flora and fauna, including rare species that are listed in the Red Book of endangered species.
Additionally, you can explore Ba Ho Waterfall, where visitors can immerse themselves in crystal-clear water surrounded by lush greenery.
For those seeking a more relaxing experience, Thap Ba Hot Spring is the perfect destination. Renowned for its natural hot springs, this location is believed to have restorative properties and is known to offer indulgent skin treatments.
3.5. Ninh Binh green travel
Ninh Binh is a province in Northern Vietnam that has become a popular destination for eco-tourists due to its stunning natural beauty and rich cultural heritage. Here are some eco travel destinations in Ninh Binh:
- Trang An Ninh Binh: A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Trang An is a complex of limestone mountains and river valleys, featuring spectacular caves, grottoes, and waterways. Visitors can take a boat tour to explore the natural beauty of the area.
- Tam Coc Ninh Binh: Also known as "Ha Long Bay on Land," Tam Coc is a scenic area consisting of limestone mountains, rice paddies, and winding rivers. Coming here, you should take a boat ride along Ngo Dong River to enjoy the breathtaking scenery.
- Cuc Phuong National Park: Established in 1962, Cuc Phuong is the oldest national park in Vietnam. Covering an area of 22,200 hectares, the park is home to a diverse range of flora and fauna, including over 300 bird species, primates, and rare mammals.
- Van Long Wetland Nature Reserve: As the largest nature reserve in the Red River Delta, Van Long is home to a diverse array of flora and fauna, including over 40 endangered Delacour's langurs.
3.6. Moc Chau green travel
Moc Chau is a beautiful plateau located in Son La Province, in the northern part of Vietnam. It is a popular destination for green travel due to its breathtaking landscapes and temperate climate. Here are some eco travel attractions in Moc Chau:
- Moc Chau tea hills: Whether you come in winter or spring, the vast tea plantations in Moc Chau offer a picturesque landscape and a unique opportunity to experience tea processing and tea tasting.
- Pa Phach Village: This is a traditional Thai ethnic village in Moc Chau. Here, you can learn about the culture and customs of the Thai people, enjoy traditional dances, and try local food.
- Son Moc Huong Cave: This is a natural cave located in Moc Chau that boasts impressive stalactites and stalagmites.
- Dai Yem Waterfall: Located in Moc Chau District, Dai Yem Waterfall is a hidden gem surrounded by lush forests and stunning landscapes. You can trek through the forest and swim in the refreshing water of the waterfall.
3.7. Green tourism in the South
The Southern region of Vietnam also offers a diverse range of green tourism products. Taking advantage of its natural advantages, the following green travel destinations are attracting a lot of visitors:
- Eco travel in the orchards of the Mekong Delta: Visitors can enjoy a peaceful and idyllic atmosphere while exploring the lush orchards and traditional villages of the Mekong Delta.
- Can Gio Eco Tourism Area: Located on the outskirts of Ho Chi Minh City, Can Gio is a wetland area recognized by UNESCO as a biosphere reserve. Visitors can explore mangrove forests, observe wildlife, and participate in a range of eco-friendly activities.
- Din Ky Lai Thieu - Cau Ngang Green Tourism Area: Located in Binh Duong province, this eco tourism area is surrounded by lush fruit gardens and peaceful rivers. Visitors can experience the local life, try the traditional cuisine, and engage in eco-friendly activities such as cycling and river cruising.
- Phu Quoc green travel: This island paradise in the Gulf of Thailand boasts a number of green travel attractions such as Sao Beach, Khem Beach, Ganh Dau Cape, Dinh Cau, Tranh Stream, and Da Ban Stream. Visitors can enjoy beautiful beaches, explore lush forests, and engage in eco travel services such as snorkeling and diving.
>>> Check out things to do in Vietnam for a truly memorable vacation in the beautiful S-shaped country!
As you embark on your eco travel journey to discover the natural beauty of Vietnam, finding the perfect place to stay is crucial to making the most of your visit. Fortunately, there are many accommodations to choose from, including eco tourism resorts and affordable homestays. For a truly comfortable and luxurious stay, consider Vinpearl, a premium hospitality brand in Vietnam renowned for its sustainable practices.
Vinpearl offers luxurious rooms and an extensive range of amenities, including swimming pools, kids' playgrounds, babysitting services, dining options, bars, gyms, and more. You can relax and immerse yourself in Vietnam's stunning natural beauty while receiving exceptional services at Vinpearl.
Vinpearl's hotels and resorts are located in some of the most stunning destinations in Vietnam, including:
- Vinpearl Phu Quoc: A lavish retreat at Bai Dai Beach, boasting exquisite design and world-class amenities.
- Vinpearl Nha Trang: An all-inclusive complex stretching along one of the world's most beautiful islands, offering an array of activities and experiences.
- Vinpearl Hoi An: A true masterpiece in Hoi An, combining modern architecture and natural beauty to create an unforgettable stay.
- Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang: An ideal escape with magnificent architecture overlooking a pristine white sand beach, providing the ultimate relaxation.
- Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long: A breathtaking resort in Ha Long Bay, known for its captivating landscapes and stunning views, that offers an immersive experience in nature.
Vietnam is a country of immense natural beauty, offering an abundance of eco travel destinations for visitors to explore. From the stunning beaches and majestic mountains in the north to the lush forests and unique wetlands in the south, Vietnam boasts endless opportunities for sustainable travel experiences. So, start making your green travel plan today and get ready for an unforgettable journey through Vietnam!
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Nha Trang, Vinpearl Hoi An, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long to immerse yourself in the ultimate comfort during your trip to Vietnam!