Discover the timeless charm of an enchanting Vietnamese destination with a 1 to 5-day Hoi An itinerary. Immerse yourself in the ancient town's history by wandering through its narrow streets, visiting cultural landmarks, and exploring vibrant local markets. In this itinerary for Hoi An, you will also have the chance to sample the most delicious Vietnamese cuisine dishes and experience the warm hospitality of this enchanting destination.
1. The perfect Hoi An itinerary for 1-5 days
1.1. Hoi An itinerary for 1 day
If you only have one day in this magnificent town, it is a no-brainer that you should plan your Hoi An itinerary around the most popular attraction here: Hoi An Ancient Town.
The ancient town is like a treasure trove of traditional works and buildings, so this Hoi An day trip itinerary can help you allocate time to explore as many destinations as possible.
- Explore the iconic Japanese Bridge, a symbol of Hoi An's cultural fusion and architectural beauty.
- Visit the Assembly Halls, including the Fujian Assembly Hall, Cantonese Assembly Hall, Hainan Assembly Hall, and Chaozhou Assembly Hall, to admire their intricate designs and learn about their historical significance.
- Immerse yourself in the charm of ancient houses such as Tan Ky Old House, Phung Hung Ancient House, Duc An Old House, and Quan Thang Ancient House, and take advantage of the impeccable photo ops.
- Experience the vibrant atmosphere of Hoi An Night Market, with handicrafts, souvenirs, and street food stalls.
- To end the day on a high note, take a Hoi An boat ride along Hoai River in the evening and release floating flower lanterns, or enjoy captivating Hoi An art performances.
1.2. Hoi An itinerary for 2 days
Day 1: Hoi An 1 day itinerary takes in the historical side of the town, so the first day in the 2 day Hoi An itinerary will remain the same.
So what to do in Hoi An for 2 days? The answer is to discover the natural side of the town.
- Relax on the pristine sandy shores of An Bang Beach, soak up the sun, and take refreshing dips in the turquoise waters of this picturesque beach.
- Another beautiful beach near Hoi An, Cua Dai, offers a tranquil escape with its golden sands and clear waters. Take leisurely walks or try water sports like paddle boarding or kayaking to spice up your experience.
- Take a boat trip to the nearby Cu Lao Cham, a group of islands with stunning natural beauty and rich biodiversity. Here, you are spoiled for choice when it comes to activities: visit Bai Chong Beach, explore the Cham Island Marine Museum, discover Hai Tang Pagoda, and sample fresh seafood dishes.
>>> Find out about things to do in Hoi An to plan your own Hoi An itinerary!
1.3. Hoi An itinerary for 3 days
Day 1 & 2: Check out the Hoi An itinerary for 2 days for the most notable destinations in the town.
3 day Hoi An itinerary takes you back to basics with the craft villages in Hoi An.
- Begin with the art of pottery at Thanh Ha Pottery Village, where skilled artisans showcase their craftsmanship in clay pottery.
- Continue your cultural exploration at Phuoc Kieu Bronze Casting Village, where you can witness the age-old art of bronze casting.
- Experience the tranquil beauty and rural way of life of Cam Phu Tourist Village, nestled amidst lush green fields and picturesque scenery.
- Conclude your day with a visit to Kim Bong Carpentry Village, where generations of artisans have perfected the craft of woodworking.
1.4. Hoi An itinerary for 4 days
Day 1,2 & 3: Hoi An itinerary 3 days has set the pace for a fun-filled, educational, and inspiring vacation.
The last day of the Hoi An itinerary 4 days has only one destination, but by the end of the day, you will not want to leave.
Bay Mau Coconut Forest is a lush oasis just outside Hoi An. Take a relaxing boat ride through the waterways, surrounded by towering coconut palms and mangrove forests.
Immerse yourself in local culture by learning traditional fishing techniques from skilled fishermen. Try your hand at casting a fishing net or paddling a round bamboo basket boat, known as a coracle.
Indulge in the flavors of Hoi An cuisine with a coconut-inspired meal. Savor dishes like coconut pancakes (banh xeo) or coconut-infused desserts, such as coconut ice cream or coconut jelly. For beverages, refreshing coconut water straight from the source will get you energized for the whole day.
>>> Research Hoi An weather to decide when to visit Hoi An!
1.5. Hoi An itinerary for 5 days
Day 1, 2, 3 & 4: You may think that a Hoi An itinerary for 4 days has led you to all the best attractions in the town, so is Hoi An worth visiting for 5 days?
The answer is yes. With this Hoi An itinerary 5 days, one last exciting destination awaits you to cap off an incredible visit.
Start your day of adventure at VinWonders Nam Hoi An, an expansive amusement park featuring exciting rides, water slides, and engaging entertainment shows.
- Cool off and make a splash at the water park, enjoying a variety of slides, wave pools, and lazy rivers.
- Immerse yourself in cultural experiences such as traditional craft demonstrations and performances showcasing the vibrant heritage of Vietnam.
- Take a leisurely stroll through the beautifully landscaped gardens and enjoy the scenic views.
- End your day with a spectacular evening show featuring stunning visual effects, music, and dance performances that will leave you in awe.
Indulge in delicious local and international cuisines at the park's restaurants and food stalls: Chingu BBQ, Deliland, and Harbor Corner.
2. What to eat in Hoi An on your first trip?
A Hoi An itinerary will not be complete without its culinary delights. This town is home to a vibrant array of Hoi An street foods that are a must-try for any food enthusiast. Here are some mouthwatering dishes to savor:
- Cao Lau: A signature Hoi An delicacy featuring thick rice noodles, succulent pork slices, crisp greens, and a savory broth, topped with crunchy rice crackers.
- Banh Mi: A Vietnamese baguette sandwich with a delightful combination of flavors, filled with various options like grilled meats, pâté, pickled vegetables, and fresh herbs.
- White Rose Dumplings: These delicate shrimp-filled dumplings, resembling white roses, are steamed and served with a sweet and spicy dipping sauce.
- Quang Noodles: A delightful noodle dish featuring wide rice noodles bathed in a fragrant turmeric-based broth, garnished with shrimp, pork, peanuts, fresh herbs, and crispy sesame rice crackers.
- Fried Wontons: Crispy and golden on the outside, with a flavorful pork and shrimp filling on the inside, these fried wontons are perfect as a snack or appetizer.
- Che: A refreshing Vietnamese dessert soup with a variety of ingredients such as beans, jellies, fruits, and coconut milk.
A vital part of any Hoi An itinerary has to be accommodations. One of the best options is to indulge in the luxury of Vinpearl Resort & Golf Nam Hoi An and Vinpearl Resort & Spa Hoi An. These exquisite resorts provide a haven of relaxation amidst the picturesque landscapes of the region.
Both resorts boast a range of amenities and services like an 18-hole championship golf course, world-class spa facilities, swimming pools, etc., ensuring an unforgettable stay in the lap of luxury.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Hoi An to take your Hoi An itinerary to the next level!
Hoi An itinerary unveils a tapestry of timeless charm, rich history, and culinary delights. From exploring the ancient town's narrow streets and cultural landmarks to indulging in the vibrant street foods, every moment in Hoi An is an opportunity to create lasting memories. Immerse yourself in the warmth of the local community, witness the skillful craftsmanship of traditional artisans, and let the serene beauty of the beaches captivate your senses. Hoi An offers a truly unforgettable experience, leaving you yearning to return and explore its enchanting allure once again.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Hoi An for your next visit!
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Hoi An, Nam Hoi An for a budget-friendly vacation!