Are you dreaming of an unforgettable Southeast Asia travel experience? Look no further than a Vietnam Cambodia itinerary 10 days! With a duration of 10 days, this detailed itinerary promises to satisfy your wanderlust through the enchanting landscapes, awe-inspiring historical sites, and cultural heritage that Vietnam and Cambodia have to offer. Follow this guide to help you plan a perfect trip!
1. Day 1 - 5 of Vietnam and Cambodia itinerary for 10 days: Vietnam
In this Vietnam Cambodia itinerary 10 days, we will explore the highlights of Vietnam through the first five days, starting with the vibrant capital city of Hanoi.
1.1. Day 1 + 2: Visiting Hanoi - The capital of Vietnam
With its bustling streets, ancient temples, and mouth-watering street food, Hanoi travel as part of your 5 days in Vietnam itinerary promises an unforgettable experience.
- Walk around and experience the beauty of Hoan Kiem Lake, a popular spot for locals and tourists alike to relax and enjoy the scenery. Don't forget to visit Ngoc Son Temple, a stunning temple located on an islet in the lake.
- Explore the Hanoi Old Quarter, known for old buildings and delicious street food.
- Admire the stunning architecture of St. Joseph's Cathedral, a Gothic-style church in the heart of Hanoi.
- Experience the vibrant nightlife and bustling atmosphere of Ta Hien Street, known as "Beer Street," where you can enjoy a variety of local beers and street food options.
As part of the Vietnam Cambodia itinerary 10 days, Day 2 brings the opportunity to explore the other iconic destinations in Hanoi. From ancient pagodas to historical landmarks, there is no shortage of attractions to discover in the capital of Vietnam.
- Explore the Tran Quoc Pagoda, one of the oldest Buddhist temples in Hanoi, known for its beautiful architecture and serene surroundings.
- Learn about the history and legacy of Vietnam's beloved leader at the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum Complex, which includes attractions like the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Ho Chi Minh's Stilt House, Ho Chi Minh Museum, One Pillar Pagoda, Ba Dinh Square, and Presidential Palace.
- Discover the Imperial Citadel of Thang Long, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that has been directly linked to many great events in history for over a thousand years.
- Visit the Temple of Literature, Vietnam's first national university and a symbol of Confucianism in the country.
When visiting Hanoi, don't miss out on trying the local specialties. Start with a bowl of pho, either cooked or rare, from popular spots such as Pho Thin or Pho Tram. Another famous dish is bun thang, available at places like Ba Duc restaurant and Ngoc Tuyen restaurant. For bun cha, try restaurants in Hang Ma or Hang Dong.
If you are in the mood for something different, sample the famous Cha Ca La Vong or indulge in a West Lake shrimp cake. Lastly, don't miss the chance to try Hanoi's traditional coffee, especially the famous egg coffee.
1.2. Day 3: Hoi An Ancient Town
If you are wondering what to do in Vietnam for 5 days, look no further than a visit to Hoi An. With its unique architecture and vibrant lantern-lit streets, this charming ancient town is a must-visit destination along the itinerary for Vietnam and Cambodia.
- Take a walk through the charming streets and colorful lanterns of Hoi An Ancient Town.
- Immerse yourself in the rich history and culture of Vietnam at the Fujian Assembly Hall.
- Explore the Tan Ky Old House, a 200-year-old merchant house that showcases a unique blend of Vietnamese, Chinese, and Japanese architectural influences.
- Cross the iconic Japanese Bridge and explore the various assembly halls, ancient houses, and sacred temples that make up the enchanting Hoi An Ancient Town.
During a Vietnam Cambodia itinerary for 10 days, experiencing the nightlife in Hoi An is a must-do. Not only does Hoi An come alive at night, but it also offers a variety of activities that will make your visit memorable.
- Walk the Old Town at night and experience the beauty of the colorful lantern streets.
- Drop flower lanterns on the Hoai River.
- Take a boat trip on the Hoai River.
The food in Hoi An is known for its delicious and unique dishes that showcase the rich flavors and culinary traditions of the region. Here is a list of delicious dishes that you should not miss when visiting Hoi An:
- Banh mi: The popular Vietnamese street food must-try
- Quang noodle: Known for one of the iconic dishes from Hoi An cuisine
- Cao Lau: A delectable specialty specific to Hoi An's Ancient Town
- Banh Xeo (Vietnamese pancake)
- Banh Dap (smashed rice pancake)
1.3. Day 4 + 5: Ho Chi Minh City
From bustling streets to historical landmarks, Ho Chi Minh City is a must-visit destination for travelers spending 10 days in Vietnam and Cambodia.
One of the highlights is the Independence Palace, a historic landmark that played a significant role in Vietnam's history. Another must-visit is the Notre Dame Cathedral and the Saigon Central Post Office, both known for their stunning architecture and religious significance.
For those interested in history, the War Remnants Museum and the History Museum of Ho Chi Minh City provide a sobering insight into the Vietnam War. Additionally, the bustling Ben Thanh Market is a popular spot for shopping and experiencing local culture. Lastly, Bui Vien Street offers a vibrant nightlife scene with numerous bars, restaurants, and street food stalls.
On the fifth day of the Vietnam Cambodia itinerary 10 days, travelers will have the opportunity to venture into the outskirts of Ho Chi Minh City: the Can Gio Mangrove Forest and the historic Cu Chi Tunnels.
The Can Gio Mangrove Forest, a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, is a unique ecosystem known for its rich biodiversity. Additionally, the Cu Chi Tunnels are famous for an intricate network of underground tunnels used during the Vietnam War.
Ho Chi Minh City offers a diverse culinary experience with a wide range of cuisines from various regions and countries. Visitors can enjoy dishes from different cultures like Chinese, Indian, Japanese, Korean, Thai, and more, as well as vegetarian options. Popular dishes to try include Com Tam, Hu Tieu, Banh Mi, Ca Loc Nuong, Banh Xeo, and Com Chay.
Vietnam Cambodia itinerary 10 days is a popular choice among travelers exploring Southeast Asia. To plan Vietnam and Cambodia travel, here are three transportation options to consider:
- Flying is the most convenient way, taking just 1-2 hours.
- Ferry from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh: Scenic and interesting, the journey takes 5 hours with an overnight stay in Chau Doc.
- Road trip: Take a 6.5-hour bus journey from HCMC to Phnom Penh using the Moc Bai to Bavet border crossing.
2. Day 6 - 10 of Vietnam and Cambodia itinerary for 10 days: Cambodia
After a 5-day trip in an S-shaped country on the 10-day Vietnam and Cambodia itinerary, visitors will travel to Cambodia to explore the rich cultural heritage and historical sites of this captivating country.
2.1. Day 6 + 7: Siem Reap
- Begin day 6 of your Vietnam Cambodia itinerary 10 days in Siem Reap with a sunrise at Angkor Wat for a breathtaking sunrise. Then, visit the impressive Bayon Temple and explore the famous Ta Phrom Temple with its iconic tree roots.
- On day 7, you will have the opportunity to explore the vibrant Siem Reap Night Market for handicrafts and street food. Enjoy dinner on Pub Street, filled with Asian and Western restaurants.
- When visiting Siem Reap, be sure to try classic Khmer dishes such as Khmer Stream Fish Curry (Amok), Green Mango Salad (Nhoam Svay Kchai), and Cambodian Fish Soup (Samlor Korko). These dishes are easily accessible at Siem Reap restaurants and street food vendors, and each has its own unique flavors and ingredients.
2.2. Day 8: Phnom Penh
Day 8 takes you to Phnom Penh, the bustling capital city of Cambodia, your next destination in this exciting Vietnam Cambodia itinerary 10 days.
- Start your 5 days in Cambodia with a visit to the Royal Palace, a stunning attraction that showcases Cambodia's rich history and cultural heritage. Afterward, head over to the National Museum of Cambodia to delve deeper into the country's artistic traditions. Don't forget to take a tuk-tuk to the Central Market for some shopping and delicious street food. Finally, end your day with a romantic dinner cruise on the Mekong River.
- Indulge in the best street food in Phnom Penh during your Vietnam Cambodia itinerary 10 days. From the famous Cambodian Sticky Bamboo Rice to Grilled Bananas and Sweet Potato Cakes, there's something for every food lover. Don't miss out on Fish Amok, a flavorful dish wrapped in banana leaves, or Lok Lak, a delicious pork stir-fry.
2.3. Day 9 + 10: Battambang
In the final stretch of your Vietnam Cambodia itinerary 10 days, the stop is the charming city of Battambang in Cambodia. Known for its rich history and stunning architecture, Battambang offers a unique cultural experience that shouldn't be missed.
- Explore the villages of Battambang by taking a tuk tuk tour to Phnom Banan, or Banan Mountain. Along the way, you will pass through traditional villages, photograph farmers on the riverbanks, and visit a Muslim fishing village. Then, head to Banan Winery to sample their unique wines. Finally, climb the steps at Phnom Banan to see ancient brick towers and ride the bamboo train.
- For a perfect day in Battambang, start with breakfast at Mi Kiev Tia Kwai for the best duck soup. For lunch, try the rustic dumplings and handmade noodles at Lan Chov Khorko Miteanh. End your day with dinner at Jaan Bai, where you can enjoy a variety of pan-Asian appetizers and mains.
When planning your Vietnam travel, don't miss out on must-see places like Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Da Nang, and Ha Long Bay. For an unforgettable getaway, indulge in the luxurious accommodations offered by Vinpearl hotels and resorts.
At Vinpearl, you will find yourself transported to a serene paradise where you can unwind by a picturesque infinity pool while savoring refreshing cocktails. Pamper yourself with rejuvenating spa treatments that will leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. Vinpearl's hotels and resorts offer a range of luxurious accommodations, from private villas that exude opulence to spacious rooms that provide utmost comfort.
Don’t forget to explore VinWonders, an exceptional entertainment complex that promises to delight you with captivating cultural experiences and provide endless moments of joy for you and your loved ones.
With our guide to planning your Vietnam Cambodia itinerary 10 days, you can explore new things in these stunning destinations. From exploring the iconic landmarks of both countries to indulging in mouth-watering local cuisine and immersing yourself in the vibrant local culture. Whether you're a history enthusiast, a nature lover, or a foodie, this trip has it all. Book your tickets today and get ready for the adventure of a lifetime!