Ho Chi Minh Museum displays a huge number of documents and artifacts about President Ho Chi Minh as well as the cultural and revolutionary heritage left by the late president. Visiting the museum, you can clearly see how much sacrifice he had made for the Vietnamese people. Enrich your Hanoi travel journey with a trip to Ho Chi Minh Museum!
1. An overview of Vietnam Ho Chi Minh Museum in Hanoi
- Location: 19 Ngoc Ha Street, Doi Can Ward, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
- Ho Chi Minh museum entry fee: 40,000 VND/person
- Ho Chi Minh museum opening hours: from 8 am to 11:30 am on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays (closed on Mondays and Fridays)
After President Ho Chi Minh passed away in 1969, according to the wishes of the Vietnamese government and people at that time, the Politburo and the Central Committee of the Party decided to build a place to commemorate this national hero.
In 1985, on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of the August Revolution and the National Day of September 2, the groundbreaking ceremony for the construction of Ho Chi Minh Museum was held. Right on the 100th anniversary of Ho Chi Minh’s birthday - May 19, 1990, the inauguration ceremony of the Museum was solemnly held at the place where he read the Declaration of Independence.
The museum has a unique 3-storey square block architecture. At the entrance is a relief of the national flag, along with the figure of hammer and sickle of the Communist Party. The museum is built in a spacious and airy ground with lots of trees and an artificial lake.
Not only is it a tourist attraction, Ho Chi Minh Museum is also a familiar place for historical researchers. The management board of the museum regularly sends research groups to collect new findings about President Ho Chi Minh both in Vietnam and other countries. This is also an ideal place to educate the patriotic spirit for students.
2. How to get to Ho Chi Minh Museum Hanoi?
Coming to the Museum of Ho Chi Minh in Hanoi, you will have a chace to learn more about the modern history of Vietnam and the life of a great leader. To get here, you can travel by car or motorbike.
From Ba Dinh Square, follow Doc Lap Street to a roundabout. Continue onto Chu Van An Street and turn right when you see Le Hong Phong Street. Go straight about 500 meters and turn right onto Ngoc Ha Street, where the museum is at.
If you choose to take the bus, you can catch routes number 9, 14, 33, and 45, which all pass by the museum.
You may also like:
- Asia travel: A worthwhile journey to explore nature and culture
- Vietnam national flower: A symbol of culture and traditional visual arts
- Vietnam walking streets: 10 places to head to for a fantastic night out
3. Things to do in Hanoi Ho Chi Minh Museum
Ho Chi Minh Museum is divided into 3 floors with many different things to explore about the life, career, and influence of President Ho Chi Minh.
3.1. Learn about the biography of President Ho Chi Minh
Coming to the first floor of this museum in Hanoi Vietnam, you can see an exhibition about the biography of President Ho Chi Minh with 9 themes:
- Theme 1: The early years of Ho Chi Minh in his hometown of Nghe An with his parents and siblings, from 1890 to 1910
- Theme 2: The journey of Ho Chi Minh from 1911 to 1920 through many countries to find the path for national liberation
- Theme 3: Ho Chi Minh in France and his participation in the founding of the Communist Party in France
- Theme 4: The political thought of President Ho Chi Minh when the Communist Party was founded in Vietnam
- Theme 5: The period of the Communist Party of Vietnam fighting and gaining independence from fascists and colonists
- Theme 6: The efforts of Vietnamese soldiers to protect the young government in the northwestern region, from 1945 to 1954
- Theme 7: The rebuilding of North Vietnam and the resistance war against American imperialists in South Vietnam
- Theme 8: The passing of President Ho Chi Minh, with many artifacts and footage recording the last days of his life
- Theme 9: A summary of the activities and legacies that President Ho Chi Minh had left for the nation
3.2. Admire artifacts related to the historical victory of Vietnam
The second floor of Ho Chi Minh Museum stores artifacts related to the historical victory of resistance wars. It recreates the victorious fight of Vietnamese people to gain national liberation under the ingenious leadership of President Ho Chi Minh.
3.3. Explore major events in world history from the end of the 19th century
On the third floor, Ho Chi Minh Museum Hanoi shows a number of major events in world history from the end of the 19th century, which had a great impact on President Ho Chi Minh's thought and revolutionary activities.
Articles for you:
- West Lake: A well-chosen place in Hanoi to find peace of mind
- Bike Rental Hanoi: BEST Places to Find a Bike for Unforgettable Rides
- Hang Da Market: A GREAT place to pick up your favorite products in Hanoi
4. Regulations of Ho Chi Minh Museum that you should note
Ho Chi Minh Museum is a great place for your perfect trip in Hanoi, yet you should follow some regulations when coming to the museum:
- Dress properly, take off hats
- Move as instructed, give way to the elderly and the disabled
- Do not bring weapons, explosives, flammable and toxic substances and pollutants into the museum
- Do not touch the exhibits and equipment
- Do not litter, eat, or smoke
- Leave personal luggage, suit-cases, rucksacks, briefcases and handbags at the left-luggage office
- Children under 10 years old must be accompanied by tour organizers or adults
- Contact the reception desk for any inquiry of photo taking or filming
- Contact the Education Department in case you need guide services for a brief introduction to the Museum
Besides Ho Chi Minh Museum and Hanoi museums in general, there are a ton of other tourist attractions in Hanoi that are worth seeing, especially VinKE & Vinpearl Aquarium.
Vinpearl Aquarium has an area of nearly 4,000 square meters with more than 30,000 marine creatures from all over the world. Going around and admiring the impressive aquatic world are great experiences to try at this place. Also, you can watch many wonderful shows like The Mermaid, Dance of the Sea, Flashmob, etc.
Meanwhile, VinKE entertainment and education area offers a unique model of play-and-learn that helps children nurture their future aspirations. Here, kids can dress up as physicians, firefighters, police officers, cooks, etc., and participate in a variety of fun activities that are connected to the vocations they want to pursue.
>>> Remember to book tickets of VinKE & Vinpearl Aquarium for exciting experiences in Hanoi!
Vietnam has a wide range of other alluring destinations in addition to Hanoi. Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Hoi An, and Da Nang are among the best places to visit. To have the finest experiences, you should plan where to stay before coming to any of these places.
Vinpearl is a top-rated brand of lodging with first-rate services and amenities, including restaurants, bars, swimming pools, and entertainment areas. It is present in most tourist destinations in Vietnam. Certainly, your vacation in Vietnam will be comfortable and memorable thanks to Vinpearl.
Ho Chi Minh Museum is a famous sightseeing place in Hanoi that you should definitely visit. Here, you can learn more about Vietnamese history in general and the honorable life of President Ho Chi Minh in particular. And do not forget to see other hot places to visit in Hanoi as well as many other destinations in Vietnam.