Hoi An is always on the list of top-rated tourist attractions in Vietnam. If you are concerned about Hoi An weather and Hoi An climate, this article will definitely provide some useful tips for you. Don’t hesitate to read the information below and be well-prepared for your upcoming trip!
1. An overview of Hoi An weather
Located in Quang Nam province, Southern Central Vietnam, Hoi An weather is affected by the tropical monsoon climate. Hoi An climate is divided into 2 seasons: the dry season from February to August and the wet season from September to January. The weather can be described as hot with a lot of sunshine and humid with much rainfall during the year.
The average annual temperature in Hoi An is around 25.6OC, with the highest temperature reaching 39.8OC from June to August and the lowest temperature dropping to 22.8OC. From November to January, the temperature in Hoi An ranges from 19 to 24OC.
1.1. Hoi An Vietnam weather in the dry season (February – August)
The dry season starts in February and ends in August. From February to April, Hoi An weather is mild and beautiful with light sunshine and less rain. From May to August, Hoi An is surrounded by warm sunshine and little rain. This is the best time to visit the famous beaches in Hoi An.
1.2. Hoi An climate in the wet season (September – January)
The wet season takes place from September to January. During the wet season, there are many heavy rains together with typhoons and sometimes floods. This is the off-peak season in Hoi An. If you want to visit Hoi An in this season, don’t forget to check Hoi An weather forecast constantly.
2. When is the best time to visit Hoi An?
The dry season is definitely the best time to visit Hoi An, as low rainfall, light sunshine and low humidity make it convenient for visitors to move to different destinations and participate in outdoor activities. More specifically, the ideal time to visit Hoi An is from February to April when Hoi An weather is cool and pleasant. This is also not the peak tourism season, thus Hoi An is less crowded.
If you want to travel on a budget or enjoy a less touristy Hoi An, you should not overlook Hoi An in the wet season. There will be fewer tourists during this season, thus the price of airplane tickets, hotel and restaurant services are more reasonable. Moreover, visitors can discover a different beauty of Hoi An on rainy days, relax and explore its famous destinations with more comfort.
>>> Are you making plans for a trip to Hoi An? Don’t forget to book rooms in Vinpearl Hoi An hotels!
You may also like:
- Vietnamese Reunification Day: Date, History & Celebration Activities
- Seasons in Vietnam: Different features by region that you may not know
- Green Sticky Rice (Com): An iconic food to enjoy the autumn vibe in Vietnam
3. Best months to visit Hoi An Vietnam
3.1. January to March
From January to March is the ideal time to visit Hoi An, since Hoi An weather is cool, dry and comfortable with the average temperature varying from 18 to 23OC. It is suitable for a lot of awesome outdoor activities in Hoi An. Tourists can visit Japanese Bridge Hoi An to understand more about the nation’s history, spend a day as a true farmer in Tra Que Vegetable Village, or participate in the full moon night festival at the 1st and the 15th of the lunar months at Hoi An Night Market.
3.2. April to June
There is more sunshine in Hoi An from April to June, but the weather is not too hot. The temperature is around 26-31OC. This is the peak tourism season in Hoi An, since the weather makes it perfect to immerse yourself in the cool water at An Bang Beach, go diving and snorkeling at Cham Islands, or enjoy the charm of pristine nature and thrilling experiences at Hai Van Pass.
3.3. July to September
This is the beginning of the wet season in Hoi An. During this period, there is more rainfall in Hoi An and the temperature might drop to 21OC at night. The number of tourists also starts to decline, thus it is the ideal time to discover many tourist attractions with cultural and historic value in Hoi An such as My Son Sanctuary and Quan Cong Temple.
3.4. October to December
From October to December, Hoi An weather is cold and rainy. It is suitable for visiting many historical and cultural relic sites in Hoi An such as Phuc Kien Assembly Hall, Cantonese Assembly Hall and Tan Ky Old House. Although it may not be the best time to visit Hoi An, visitors can still contemplate the ancient and tranquil beauty of the ancient town.
>>> Don’t forget to book tickets to VinWonders Nam Hoi An to maximize your trip’s enjoyment and fun!
4. Top tips for visiting Hoi An in each season
4.1. In the dry season
- Remember to bring light clothes, protective clothing, hats, sunglasses and umbrellas to avoid direct sunlight
- Don’t forget to apply sunscreen and moisturizer to protect your skin
- Don’t forget to bring your swimming clothing for many interesting water activities
- The dry season is the peak season in Hoi An. Therefore, you should book your airplane ticket and accommodation as soon as possible.
Articles for you:
- Hoi An lantern festival: The MOST brilliant time of the ancient town
- 13 irresistible Hoi An's street foods that will awaken your taste buds
- 5 must-visit markets in Hoi An and mouth-watering local dishes to try
4.2. In the wet season
- Always remember to bring your umbrella, raincoat, waterproof shoes, hat, waterproof bag for electronic devices
- Bring some necessary medicine in case you are sick due to the rain
- You should not wear high heels to avoid tripping on slippery roads
- Check the weather forecast constantly to make plans for your trip.
>>> Book rooms at Vinpearl Hoi An hotels to get attractive offers!
5. Best places to stay during your trip to Hoi An Vietnam
As Hoi An is a not-to-be-missed destination in Vietnam, there are a large number of hotels, resorts and homestays available for visitors. Depending on your plan and references, you can choose the most suitable accommodation. Vinpearl’s resort system in Hoi An is highly recommended by many visitors thanks to its convenient location and quality services.
- Vinpearl Resort & Golf Nam Hoi An: Located on Binh Minh Beach, the resort is a 20-minute drive away from Hoi An. Staying here, you can also have fun at VinWonders Nam Hoi An – a famous amusement park and Vinpearl Golf Nam Hoi An – a 5-star standard golf course.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Resort & Golf Nam Hoi An to enjoy meaningful moments of relaxation!
>>> Are you making plans for your trip to Hoi An? Don’t forget to book entrance tickets to VinWonders Nam Hoi An!
Hoi An Vietnam has a unique beauty in every season, thus visitors can choose to travel to this destination at any time depending on your preferences. Hopefully, this article will provide useful information about Hoi An weather and Hoi An climate and the best time to visit Hoi An.