Mooc Spring is one of the most magnificent ecotourism destinations in Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, where you can immerse yourself in the freshness of forests and cool blue water. It is such a fairyland for tourists to discover the wild but stunning beauty of nature in Quang Binh.
1. Where is Mooc Spring Vietnam? How to get there?
Mooc Spring Phong Nha is located in Phuc Trach, Bo Trach, Quang Binh, on the west branch of Ho Chi Minh Road. As a subdivision of Phong Nha-Ke Bang Headquarters, it is about 2.8 kilometers away from Dark Cave and about 22 kilometers from Phong Nha town.
To get to Mooc Spring ecotourism, you can drive a motorbike or a car from Phong Nha town or Dong Hoi city. From Dong Hoi, you drive about 60 kilometers, following the east branch of Ho Chi Minh Road, then drive 5 kilometers more, following the west branch of Ho Chi Minh Road to reach the final destination. You can also take a taxi or a bus from Dong Hoi airport to Phong Nha town, then get there by car or motorbike, which takes about 30 minutes.
Mooc Spring is open every day from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM, allowing tourists to discover every beautiful corner, from the jungle canopy and blue freshwater stream to majestic limestone cliffs and the diversity of flora and fauna, as well as experience all the adventurous activities here.
To enter this ecotourism destination, you have to buy an entrance ticket, which has two different types:
- 80,000 VND/ one ticket/ person: This ticket includes the entrance fee only.
- 180,000 VND/ one ticket/ person: The package includes entrance fee, kayaking, bathing in streams, life jacket, and participating in various outdoor activities.
2. The highlights of your excursion to Mooc Spring Phong Nha
As a hidden gem with natural beauty, pleasant weather, and exciting activities, Mooc Spring is an ideal place for a picnic with friends and family to leave all the hustles and bustles behind.
2.1. Explore the rich vegetation surrounding Mooc Spring
The first thing that amazes all visitors is its extraordinary natural scenery. The entire attraction is covered in the fresh and cool green and blue colors of dense primeval trees, endless springs, and high limestone cliffs, which bring a sense of peace and mindfulness.
The biodiversity of various plants and animals here is also a highlight for nature lovers to explore. There are several unique species of flowers, such as colorful orchids and yellow Vang Anh flowers. Every year, when it comes to the blooming season, the poetic beauty and sweet fragrance from these flower clusters spread throughout Mooc Spring, leaving an unforgettable impression on all visitors.
As for fauna diversity, besides some types of birds and dragonflies, the attraction is famous for its fairylike scene of white butterflies fluttering in every corner of the ecosystem. If you have a chance to visit Mooc Spring during April and May, you can be stunned by butterflies chasing treetops and wildflowers, fluttering on emerald streams, and chasing the footsteps of tourists.
2.2. Take part in many thrill-seeking activities
If you are an outdoor enthusiast, you definitely should add Mooc Spring to your Phong Nha itinerary. An eco-trail along the wooden bridge surrounding the ecotourism destination is a good start, which allows you to adore all the beautiful scenery, enjoy the fresh air, and throw away all your stress.
Besides, there are a lot of thrill-seeking activities waiting for you and your buddies at Mooc Spring, such as kayaking around the blue stream area through big and small rocks, swimming in the crystal clear cool water, or hanging yourself in a hammock swinging, where you can both feel a sense of adventure and enjoy the spectacular nature with a jungle canopy and blue sky above and murmuring fresh streams below.
2.3. Relax and take photos with great natural backgrounds
Mooc Spring is a perfect getaway destination, where all your worries and stress will disappear, in the middle of cool water, under the forest trees, while listening to the song of birds, flowing streams, and cool breezes. Just by sitting here and watching picturesque nature, your heart and soul will be filled with a peaceful and pleasant feeling.
Not only is it an ideal place for relaxation, but it is also a perfect check-in spot for people who love selfies and outdoor photography and want to keep memories in photos. Every corner at the ‘as beautiful as paradise’ Mooc Spring, from the slender bamboo bridge, dense green jungle canopy, and magnificent limestone mountains, to ‘blue-like gem’ streams, beautiful wildflowers, and birds, can be an impressive background for your nice photos.
3. A short guide for the first-timers to Mooc Spring Phong Nha
Here are some notices for your Mooc Spring Phong Nha Ke Bang tour to make it more convenient.
3.1. When is the best time to visit this place?
March through May is the best time for you to visit this tourist attraction. Because the weather during this time is cool and dry, not too hot (as in July and August) or rainy (as in September to November), which is suitable for some outdoor activities.
3.2. What to eat during the Mooc Spring tour?
After experiencing all the thrill-seeking activities, your hungry stomach will be treated nicely with some delicious food served in a small restaurant right in the area. Some dishes you should try are grilled chicken, grilled pork, deep-fried fish, and sticky rice.
Besides, you can also try some Quang Binh specialties during your Phong Nha Ke Bang tour, such as Quang Binh's mussels with rice paper, shrimp and pork clear dumplings, and brown rice pancakes,...
3.3. Extra tips that you should know
And several extra tips for preparation before your arrival:
- Don’t forget a bikini or swimsuit and a towel if you want to swim and play water games.
- Sunglasses and sunscreen are a must to protect yourself from toxic sunlight, and mosquito repellent cream is essential to avoid being bitten by insects in the jungle.
- Bring your own life vest and helmet or rent them at Mooc Spring to try outdoor activities.
- Dress comfortably and wear slip-resistant sandals to enjoy the journey to the fullest.
Besides Quang Binh, Vietnam has a lot of attractive destinations like Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Hoi An, and Da Nang... For each destination that you intend to visit in Vietnam, plan where to stay in advance to have the best experience.
Enjoy your memorable stay at the hotel and resort system of Vinpearl - the top-rated brand of tourist hospitality with high-class and international standard service, located in most tourist attractions…
- Vinpearl Phu Quoc: It offers a wide range of choices for your accommodation, including Vinpearl Resort & Spa Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Wonderworld Phu Quoc, VinOasis Phu Quoc, and VinHolidays Fiesta Phu Quoc, bringing a wonderful journey full of the signature natural flavors of Phu Quoc.
- Vinpearl Nha Trang: These hotels and resorts meet all your requirements for a luxurious stay: sea-view rooms, a sunny beach, meeting spaces, spas, shopping centers, infinitive pools, restaurants, and entertainment complexes.
- Vinpearl Hoi An: Staying in Vinpearl Hoi An, you will enjoy a perfect vacation with unforgettable cultural experiences, quintessential and diverse cuisine, fresh natural landscapes, and edutainment products.
- Vinpearl Da Nang: Located on the Non Nuoc beach, "the most attractive beach on the planet”, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang is like a charming painting with sky, sea, and mountains, making it the ideal choice for your getaway from all the hustle and bustle.
The harmony of the jungle canopy, blue water, cliffs, wildflowers, and birdsongs creates a dreamy scene at Mooc Spring that is indescribable. If you plan to visit Quang Binh, don’t miss a chance to experience different adventurous activities with such a picturesque view here!