Placed in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City, September 23rd Park, or 23/9 Park, is a great combination of blessed natural beauty and the ultimate extravagant underground shopping complex. Green space, restaurants, cinemas, shopping malls, street foods, souvenirs, skincare products, clothes,... tourists will find everything they need to relax and entertain themselves here. Read the article to explore this wonderful park!
1. Where is September 23rd Park?
September 23rd Park ranks among the top-rated parks in Ho Chi Minh City. The prime location makes the park a preferred entertainment place for residents and visitors. Here is some information about this park:
- Location: District 1, between Le Lai and Pham Ngu Lao Street, and 3 km away from Nguyen Hue Pedestrian Street.
- Opening hours: 24/24
- Ticket Price: Free
2. History of the park: Why is it called September 23rd Park?
The former location of 23/9 Park is an old 19th-century Saigon Railway Station which was destroyed and replaced in 1975. At this time, one-half of the demolished Railway Station became a residential area; the other half was turned into a park. In 1998, a Taiwan cultural center project flattened the residential area, and the project was abandoned.
On September 23rd, 2002, the park was officially reconstructed and merged with 23/9 Park. Since then, it has become one of the most popular parks in Saigon, providing a public natural space for residents and tourists.
3. What to do to enjoy your time at September 23rd Park?
While there are multiple entertainment venues in Ho Chi Minh City, 23/9 Park is a not-to-be-missed location. This massive leisure complex includes two sections:
- Section A: Extravagant dining, shopping, and sightseeing complex
- Section B: Underground market.
3.1. Explore a large underground shopping and dining complex
3.1.1. Taka Plaza
The Taka Plaza in 23/9 Park is well-known as “Shopping Heaven” with more than 400 all-sized stores, shopping malls, and shopping departments everywhere. In this place, tourists can easily find various fashion and clothing items: clothes, bags, sunglasses, wallets, jewelry, and accessories. Meanwhile, domestic and foreign tourists visit Taka Plaza as a perfect destination to buy souvenirs after their trip.
3.1.2. Asiana Food Town
Covering an area of 11 km², the underground market in September 23rd Park divides into two sections: 6 km² for vehicle parking and 5 km² left for shopping and culinary markets. Visiting the underground market in 23/9 Park, tourists will enter an international food paradise - the renowned Asiana Food Town.
Among the multiple popular cuisine venues in Ho Chi Minh City, Asiana Food Town is the pride of Saigon cuisine. At this spot, tourists can find various dining spots, food stalls, and restaurants that offer diverse menus with Vietnamese cuisine and international delicacies from India, Thailand, and China.
Each booth at Asiana Food Center is well decorated with its own unique style, reflecting many different local cultures. With Vietnamese cuisine, tourists should take advantage of the delicious Bun bo Nam Bo!
3.2. Immerse yourself in the bustling ambiance of fairs and festivals
As one of the best parks in Saigon, 23/9 Park is a frequent host to many cultural events or festivals in the city. During the festival season, many visitors come here to enjoy the fantastic magic shows, music, or circus festivals performed by talented artists of the Ho Chi Minh City Circus Troupe or famous musicians and singers. In the spring, 23/9 Park attracts a large number of tourists who come to participate in cultural festivals like the Japanese Cherry Blossoms Festivals and the Spring Flower Festival.
The park also has a vast green playground for kids where people often do exercises, hang out with friends, or play multiple interesting outdoor games. Visitors who participate in these activities get a taste of the Saigonese way of life and culture.
4. How to get to September 23rd Park? Where to park your vehicle?
Differing from other crowded tourist destinations in Ho Chi Minh City, 23/9 Park captures visitors' souls with its peaceful beauty of wide and airy green space. To get to 23/9 Park, tourists can pick one of these means of transport:
- Personal vehicle: Tourists can easily use multiple mapping apps like Google Maps to discover the shortest route to get to 23/9 Park.
- Bus: This is an affordable option for tourists who want to travel like a local. Several bus routes such as 03, 04, 139, 140, 152, 19, 28, 53, and 93 go through the 23/9 Park Bus Station. So visitors can choose from these buses to access and explore one of the must-visit places in Ho Chi Minh City.
At Le Lai Street, two main parking lots operate daily from 7 am to 10 pm. The parking lot in September 23rd Park has a capacity of up to 1000 motorbikes and 50 cars. Tourists can also park their vehicles overnight there for the price of 20,000 VND per time.
Located in the city's heart, September 23rd Park is close to numerous famous tourist attractions in Saigon. Tourists visiting this park are also recommended to get to nearby attractions such as Independence Palace, Saigon Notre Dame Cathedral, Landmark 81 Vietnam, Jade Emperor Pagoda, and War Remnants Museum,... to enrich their journey to Ho Chi Minh City.
Besides Ho Chi Minh, Southern Vietnam is home to various stunning tourist destinations such as Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Hoi An, and Da Nang. To enjoy your trip to the fullest, choosing to stay at Vinpearl - the most luxurious complex of hotels and resorts will be the suitable option.
- Located in Bai Dai, the Northwest coast of pearl island, Vinpearl Phu Quoc is the best choice of staying for tourists. Modern facilities and luxurious amenities are what tourists will experience when staying in this high-end accommodation.
- Vinpearl Nha Trang will bring once in a lifetime experience for tourists when staying in this coastal city. With a convenient location on one of the most attractive bays in the world, many visitors call Vinpearl Nha Trang: an entertainment paradise.
- Coming to the ancient town of Hoi An, many tourists choose Vinpearl Hoi An as their ideal stopover destination. Vinpearl Hoi An is famous for world-class hotels, 5-star resorts, and the fantastic VinWonders.
- Vinpearl Da Nang is considered one of the best accommodations in this magnificent city. There, tourists can find anything that makes their trip even more memorable.
September 23rd Park plays a crucial role in the cultural life of the Saigonese. With the advantage of natural beauty and cultural values, there is no doubt that 23/9 Park is an ideal gateway for visitors who want to immerse themselves in nature while learning more about the lifestyle and culture of Saigon people. Hopefully, the article will help you find some information to help plan a fulfilling trip to this amazing park!