Located on a romantic vibrant beach, Tram Huong Tower, also known as Agarwood Tower, is one of the best places for tourists to learn more about the customs, lifestyle, and specialties of the coastal city. What is its structure, and what makes this tower unique? Read the article below to prepare for your upcoming Nha Trang trip!
1. Where is Tram Huong Tower - The unique building in the shape of a lotus?
- Address: 2/4 Square, Tran Phu Street, Loc Tho Ward, Nha Trang City (200 meters away from Nha Trang Night Market)
Located in the center of Nha Trang, visitors can easily travel to Tram Huong Tower on their journey. If you stay at a hotel nearby, you can easily walk or go there by motorbike, taxi, cyclo, etc.
- Architecture and history:
The construction of Tram Huong Tower in Nha Trang began in 2006. By December 2008, the tower was inaugurated and became a symbol of the city as well as a popular check-in spot. In the morning, the building is like a lotus tower, then turns into a lighthouse glowing at night.
Inside Tram Huong tower, many pictures and local products are displayed to show the beauty of the land and people of Khanh Hoa, contributing to promoting its culture and developing tourism.
2. What’s special about the structure of Nha Trang's Tram Huong Tower?
Tram Huong Tower is a striking tourist destination with unique architecture. The tower consists of 6 floors with separate functions.
2.1. The basement and ground floor
The basement of the tower is where technical rooms, elevators, electricity and water systems are set up to ensure stable operation of the tower.
The ground floor is a pentagonal courtyard, in accordance with the tower's 5-petal-lotus design. The floor includes a main hall, four side halls and displays many pictures and products to promote tourism in Nha Trang and Khanh Hoa. The walls are decorated with many sculptural details.
You may also like:
- Rainy season in Vietnam: The BEST guide for your future backpacking tour
- Female names in Vietnam: 100+ MOST popular names from A to X
- Airlines in Vietnam: TOP 5 best domestic brands for passengers
2.2. The first and second floor
The first floor of the tower connects to a large square yard which is the place for tourists and locals to have fun and enjoy the scenery. At the foot of the tower are 5 big statues that take the shape of sea waves, representing the coastal feature of this city. On the first floor, you will feel like you are lost in a park with a fountain, flower garden, along with many decorated statues.
From the second floor, the tower is built in layers like the petals of a flower. This unique architecture is also considered by some people as the sails on the blue sea.
2.3. The four upper floors
The four upper floors are the display areas for many artistic pictures of the idyllic local activities and rare marine specimens. In addition, this place also displays all kinds of agarwood products and tools for burning incense, as the name of the tower suggests. The design of the space inside the tower is unique, with open space for visitors to enjoy the cool breeze of the sea.
2.4. The terrace
The terrace of the tower is where a spiritual spire stands - a hollow structure with a diameter of 4.5 meters and a height of 9 meters. The spire can be considered as the highlight of Tram Huong Tower because of its beauty that you can see from afar. In the morning, the lotus tower looks like a burning incense stick, spreading its aroma to the whole coastal city. At night, it turns into a lighthouse, lighting up the entire sea and standing out in the heart of the city.
When you reach the top of the tower, you will see a glass ball shining like a pearl, symbolizing the socio-economic development of Nha Trang city as well as Khanh Hoa province.
3. Where to stay near Tram Huong Tower in Nha Trang?
Besides Tram Huong tower, Nha Trang City also leaves a deep impression in the hearts of tourists with many other attractive destinations such as: Ponagar Cham Towers, Nha Trang Cathedral, Dam Market, etc. To conveniently visit these sites and have the most fulfilling journey in this coastal city, Vinpearl Beachfront Nha Trang is the perfect place for you to stay.
Vinpearl Beachfront Nha Trang offers guests an exclusive experience with its luxurious, comfortable space and a view overlooking the beautiful Nha Trang Bay. The hotel also has many services and facilities to meet all the needs of visitors such as: outdoor swimming pool, relaxing spa, restaurant, business center, professional meeting space, etc.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Beachfront Nha Trang to enjoy a high-class hotel space and five-star services!
Articles for you:
- Nha Trang night market: Detailed guide in 2023 for first-time travelers
- The National Oceanographic Museum: A journey into the largest marine museum in Vietnam
- Hon Chong Promontory - The exotic beauty of rocks in Nha Trang
4. Other Nha Trang attractions with impressive architecture to explore
To optimize your schedule, you can combine visiting Tram Huong Tower and nearby attractive destinations in one itinerary, such as:
- Nha Trang Cathedral: With classical European Gothic architecture and a peaceful space, Nha Trang Cathedral is a destination chosen by many tourists.
- Ponagar Cham Towers: This is a unique architectural complex of the ancient Cham kingdom, located on a hill in front of Cai River. With the majestic towers, it is a popular destination for tourists.
- Dam Market: This is known as not only the largest market in the city center but also a place that has beautiful architecture. Here, you can shop around for a variety of unique items.
With unique architecture and great significance, Tram Huong Tower in Nha Trang is an interesting destination for your journey. This iconic building will be a place for you to understand more about the culture and lifestyle, the land and people of Khanh Hoa.