Are you looking for an adventure that combines stunning natural scenery, rich history, and vibrant culture? Look no further than Vietnam. In this article, we will guide you through everything you need to know to travel to Vietnam from Canada. So, let's dive into the world of Vietnam travel and uncover the wonders that await you!
1. Basic information about traveling to Vietnam from Canada
If you are planning to travel to Vietnam from Canada, there are some key pieces of information you should be aware of to ensure a smooth and enjoyable journey.
- Vietnam location: Vietnam is located in Southeast Asia, bordered by China to the north, Laos to the northwest, Cambodia to the southwest, and the South China Sea to the east. The Canada to Vietnam distance varies depending on the points of departure and arrival, but it is typically around 12,000 to 14,000 kilometers.
- Vietnam time: Vietnam Standard Time (VST) is 11 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time (EST) in Canada. For example, when it is 12:00 pm in Toronto, it is 11:00 pm in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Best way to reach Vietnam from Canada: The most convenient and popular way to reach Vietnam from Canada is by plane. Direct flights are available from major Canadian cities, such as Toronto and Vancouver, to major Vietnamese cities, such as Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi. The average Canada to Vietnam flight time is approximately 18 hours.
- Current exchange rate from Canadian dollar to Vietnamese dong: As of May 2023, the exchange rate from Canadian dollar to Vietnamese dong is approximately 1 CAD = 17,308.055 VND.
- Vietnam travel cost: The cost of travel to Vietnam from Canada depends on several factors, including airfare, accommodation, transportation, food, and activities. A suggested travel cost for a two-week trip to Vietnam ranges from CAD $1,500 to CAD $3,000 per person, but this can vary widely depending on your travel style and preferences.
2. Do Canadian nationals need a visa to enter Vietnam?
Canadian nationals are required to obtain a visa to enter Vietnam for leisure or business purposes.
There are three main options for obtaining a Vietnam visa:
- E-visa for Vietnam: Canadian citizens can apply for an e-visa online through the website of the Vietnam Immigration Department. The e-visa is valid for up to 30 days and costs US $25.
- Visa at the embassy: Canadian citizens can also obtain a visa by visiting the Vietnamese embassy in Canada. This process typically takes 5-7 business days and requires submitting required documents, including a completed application form, passport, and visa fee.
- Visa on arrival: Another option is to obtain a visa on arrival, which requires pre-approval through a Vietnam-based travel agency. This option is only available for air travel and requires a pre-approval letter, passport photos, and visa stamping fee upon arrival at a Vietnam airport.
3. Travel to Vietnam from Canada by plane: The complete guide
3.1. Which airlines offer flights from Canada to Vietnam?
If you are about to book a flight to travel from Canada to Vietnam, you will be pleased to know that there are several airlines that offer flights between the two countries.
From major carriers like Air Canada and United Airlines to regional favorites like Cathay Pacific and Vietnam Airlines, you will have plenty of options to choose from.
Whether you are looking for a direct flight or a multi-stop itinerary, you are sure to find a flight that fits your needs and budget.
3.2. How much does a Canada to Vietnam flight ticket cost?
The cost of a flight ticket from Canada to Vietnam can vary significantly depending on a number of factors, including the airline, route, time of year, and how far in advance the ticket is booked.
As a general guideline, a round-trip ticket from major Canadian cities like Toronto, Vancouver, or Montreal to popular Vietnamese destinations like Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi can range from CAD $800 to CAD $1,500 (from 13,800,000 VND to 26,000,000 VND).
However, prices can fluctuate and some airlines may offer seasonal promotions that can bring the cost down.
3.3. How to book cheap flights from Canada to Vietnam?
If you wish to travel from Canada to Vietnam without breaking the bank, there are several ways you can save money on your flight.
Firstly, consider traveling during the off-peak season (April - June and September - November) and keeping your travel dates flexible to take advantage of lower flight prices.
Secondly, use flight search websites or follow the airlines on social media to compare the prices and stay informed about promotions and discounts. Booking your flight in advance can also help you secure lower prices.
Additionally, think about alternative routes and consider utilizing travel rewards and points to cut costs. By adopting these tactics and remaining vigilant for special deals, you may be able to book a budget-friendly flight from Canada to Vietnam and keep more money in your pocket.
4. Essential Vietnam travel tips for Canadian tourists
Vietnam is a fascinating country to visit, with a rich culture, beautiful scenery, and delicious food. As a Canadian tourist planning a trip to Vietnam, there are a few essential travel tips to keep in mind.
- Best time to visit Vietnam: Vietnam is most enjoyable between February and April and from August to October, when the weather is mild.
- Food & Drinks: Vietnamese cuisine is renowned for its diversity and deliciousness, offering a wide range of options for both vegetarians and meat-eaters. You simply cannot miss the opportunity to sample local dishes such as pho, banh mi, and fresh spring rolls, which are among the most popular Vietnamese food. Don't forget to try traditional Vietnamese drinks as well, including Vietnamese coffee and iced green tea (tra da).
- Where to go: Some must-see destinations include the historic city of Hanoi, the peaceful landscape of Ninh Binh, the stunning limestone cliffs of Ha Long Bay, the ancient capital of Hue, the vibrant coastal city of Da Nang, the scenic beaches of Nha Trang, and the charming lantern-lit town of Hoi An.
- Accommodations: For a luxurious and comfortable stay, consider Vinpearl.
With properties throughout Vietnam, including Vinpearl Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Nha Trang, Vinpearl Hoi An, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang, and Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long, you can enjoy excellent amenities and premium accommodations no matter where your travels take you.
Each Vinpearl resort/hotel boasts beautifully-appointed rooms, top-notch facilities, and a range of dining options to suit every palate. Take in the breathtaking views, enjoy the luxurious spas, and bask in the warm hospitality of the friendly staff here.
Traveling to Vietnam from Canada can be an exciting and memorable experience for any traveler. From breathtaking natural landscapes to rich culture and delicious cuisine, Vietnam has a lot to offer. By following these essential tips, you can plan your trip to this beautiful country with confidence, knowing what to expect and how to make the most of your time there. So, prepare your luggage, secure your plane tickets, and brace yourself for an exciting adventure as you travel to Vietnam from Canada.