In order to embark on a Vietnam travel as an Australian, the first step is acquiring a Vietnamese visa for Australians. Learn how to do so with our guide. From the application process to visa types and fees, we have got you covered! Do not let anything hold you back from exploring the beauty of Vietnam.
1. Documents required to obtain a Vietnamese visa for Australian
Regardless of the type of Vietnamese visa you are getting, you must have:
- A valid passport with at least 1 blank page and a minimum period of 30 days from the date of entry into Vietnam
- A visa application form
- A 4x6 cm photo
- A copy of the first and last sheet of your passport
For Vietnam travels, you will also need a round-trip ticket or flight ticket to a third country.
An account statement spanning at least three months with 50,000,000 VND is necessary if you are seeking a work visa or a visa to visit relatives. However, the former needs an approval letter from the Vietnam Immigration Department and the latter needs an invitation letter from the relatives in Vietnam as well.
2. Where and how to apply for a Vietnam visa from Australia?
If you are an Australian planning a trip to Vietnam, you will need to obtain a Vietnam visa to enter the country. Fortunately, the process is not too difficult. You can apply at the Vietnam consulate in Australia or through a visa service website.
2.1. At the Vietnam consulate in Australia
Applying for a Vietnam visa at the consulate in Australia is a straightforward process that involves three simple steps. With the right documents and a little bit of patience, you can obtain your visa and start planning your trip to this beautiful and fascinating country.
First, you need to prepare the necessary documents, which may vary depending on the type of visa you need. So, to make sure you have everything you need, give the consulate a call at (02) 9327 1912 or (02) 9327 2539.
Once you have gathered all the required documents, you can head to the consulate to submit them. The address is Suite 205, Level 2, Edgecliff Centre, 203-233 New South Head Road, Edgecliff, New South Wales 2027. Note that there is an application fee, ranging from 25 USD to 155 USD, depending on how long you will stay in Vietnam.
After paying for and submitting your application, you will need to wait to hear back from the consulate. The processing time can vary depending on factors such as the volume of applications and whether additional information is needed from you.
It is a good idea to check the consulate's website or contact the people there directly for an estimate of how long it will take. The consulate will schedule an appointment for you to collect your visa. On the appointment day, you can go to get your passport with the newly affixed visa stamp.
It is important to plan ahead and allow enough time for processing. Do not wait until the last minute to apply! By taking care of your visa in advance, you will be able to focus on enjoying your trip to Vietnam without any unnecessary stress or delays.
2.2. Via a visa service website
Another option is to apply online. This process is also simple, hassle-free, and can be done in the comforts of your home. All you need to do is fill out an application form on a reliable visa service website and pay the service fee online.
Some visa service websites that you can consider are:
The processing time will depend on the service you choose, but you can expect to receive your approval letter via email within two working days.
Once you have received your approval letter, print it out and bring it with you when you board your flight to Vietnam. Upon arrival at the airport, submit the approval letter along with your passport to the Immigrant Officer and pay the stamping fee to get your visa stamped.
It is that easy! No more waiting in long lines or dealing with complicated paperwork. With the convenience of online visa applications, you can focus on planning your trip and enjoying your time in Vietnam.
>>> Check out Vietnam locations to explore!
3. How much is the cost of a visa to Vietnam from Australia?
The cost of a Vietnamese visa for Australians depends on how long it will be valid. Here is a table breaking down the specifics:
Multiple entries: 3 months
Multiple entries: 3 months to 6 months
Multiple entries: 6 months to 1 year
Multiple entries: 1 year to 2 years
Multiple entries: 2 years to 5 years
4. How to extend a Vietnamese visa for Australian tourists?
4.1. Requirements for Australians to extend Vietnam visa
If you are an Australian in Vietnam and want to stay in the country for longer, you will need to:
- Make sure your passport is still valid. You cannot extend your visa if your passport is expired.
- Have a temporary residence registration paper from the police in the area where you live. This shows where you are currently staying.
- Check that your current Vietnam visa is still valid. You cannot extend it if it is already expired. It must also have at least 2 blank pages.
- Make sure you have not committed any crimes while in Vietnam. Otherwise, you will not be able to extend your visa.
4.2. Places to extend an Australian visa to Vietnam
You can extend your visa to Vietnam at the Immigration Management Department of the city you are living in. Simply do a quick search on Google to get the address and contact information.
Here are the specific locations for the three largest cities in Vietnam:
- Hanoi: No. 44 - 46, Tran Phu Street, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
- Da Nang: No. 78, Le Loi Street, Thach Thang Ward, Hai Chau District, Da Nang
- Ho Chi Minh City: No. 333 - 335 - 337, Nguyen Trai Street, Nguyen Cu Trinh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
4.3. Documents to extend visa for Australian to Vietnam
To extend your visa to Vietnam, you must have your passport or relevant international travel paperwork, along with an NA5 declaration form for the issuance, supplementation, and amendment of visa, and extension of temporary residence.
In addition, you may be required to provide additional documents depending on the type of visa you have.
- Tourist Visa: You only need to prepare the two main documents mentioned above.
- Work/Business Visa: You will have to provide legal documents from your guarantee company, a confirmation letter of temporary residence from the local police where you are staying in Vietnam, and a letter of introduction to the employee who will submit the documents at the Immigration Management Department.
- Investment Visa: You will need to provide legal documents from the company, including the Business Registration Certificate which includes the name of the shareholders. You will also need a confirmation letter of temporary residence from the local police where you are staying in Vietnam and a letter of introduction to the employee who will submit the documents at the Immigration Management Department.
- Visa to Visit Relatives: You must provide documents proving your personal relationships, a confirmation letter of temporary residence from the local police where you are staying in Vietnam, and the identity card of the family member who is guaranteeing for you.
By ensuring that you have all of the necessary documents, you can extend your Vietnam visa with ease and continue to enjoy all that this beautiful country has to offer.
4.4. Procedure and fee to extend Vietnam visas
Step 1: Gather The Required Documents
Before you head to the Immigration Department, make sure you have all the necessary documents. These may include your passport, visa, and any other supporting documents required by law.
Step 2: Submit Your Application
Once you have all your documents in order, head to the Immigration Department – Ministry of Public Security. This is where you will submit your application for a visa extension.
Vietnamese agencies, organizations, Vietnamese citizens, and foreigners legally residing in Vietnam can all submit documents at one of the working offices of the Immigration Department.
When you submit your application, an officer will examine the legality and content of your documents. If everything is in order, the officer will receive your application, print a receipt, and give you an appointment to return for the results. If your application is incomplete or invalid, the officer will instruct you on how to complete it.
Note that the Immigration Department is open for applications from Monday to Saturday morning, except on holidays.
Step 3: Receive Your Results
When you return for your appointment, you will need to show your receipt to the officer. If your visa extension has been approved, you can get the results, pay the fee, and sign the receipt.
The fee for extending your visa is determined by several factors, including your original visa type, the length of the extension you desire, and whether you choose to handle the process independently or enlist the service of an agency.
Once you have got your visa to Vietnam, you can think about the best time to visit Vietnam. If you prefer cooler weather and fewer crowds, visiting during the off-peak season from May to September may be ideal. However, if you want to experience the vibrant festivals and events that take place in Vietnam, visiting during the peak season from December to February may be more suitable.
Next, plan your itinerary and decide on the best things to do in Vietnam. From exploring ancient temples and pagodas in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City to cruising along Ha Long Bay or trekking through Sapa's rice terraces, there are plenty of activities that will keep you busy during your stay in Vietnam.
Finally, choose where you will stay. You can consider:
- Vinpearl Phu Quoc: This is a destination for those looking to relax and unwind in a beautiful tropical paradise while enjoying top-notch hospitality. You can pamper yourself with Vinpearl Phu Quoc’s world-class amenities like pools, spas, and fitness centers, as well as watersports and organized tours on offer.
- Vinpearl Nha Trang: Travelers who seek luxurious accommodations and plenty of entertainment options will love this destination. It offers a wide range of amenities and activities, including a private beach, multiple swimming pools, a spa, a fitness center, tennis courts, and exceptional dining options.
- Vinpearl Hoi An: This is another destination with plenty of lavish amenities. On top of that, Vinpearl Hoi An also offers guests the opportunity to explore the surrounding area. It is the ideal destination for travelers who want a luxurious and culturally enriching experience.
- Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang: With its stunning location on the pristine white sands of Non Nuoc Beach, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang promises guests an unforgettable vacation experience. You can relax at the spa, work out at the fitness center, and indulge in a variety of water sports activities. It is the perfect destination for those seeking relaxation, adventure, or both.
- Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long: This destination offers breathtaking views of the bay and provides an incredible retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life. Guests can indulge in world-class spa treatments, enjoy a range of outdoor activities, and savor delectable culinary delights here.
Whether you are looking for a beach getaway in Phu Quoc or Nha Trang, or want to explore the historic town of Hoi An, there is a Vinpearl property that will suit your needs. The Da Nang and Ha Long branches also offer stunning views and top-notch facilities. No matter which one you choose, you can expect outstanding services and a memorable stay.
The Vietnamese visa for Australian application may seem like a hurdle, but it is just a small step in the grand scheme of things. Once you have obtained your visa, you will be able to explore the beautiful landscapes, immerse yourself in the culture, and meet new people in Vietnam. You will also have the opportunity to try new foods, learn about different traditions and customs, and create memories that will last a lifetime!