Departing from An Thoi port, the journey to discover Gam Ghi Island offers many interesting things waiting for you ahead: a rich marine ecosystem, cool air, water games, and beautiful beaches. If you are looking for a place where you can quietly immerse yourself in nature without any worry, this island is the ideal choice.
1. Where is Gam Ghi Island in Phu Quoc?
Gam Ghi Island, also known as Dam Ngang Island, is one of 16 small islands in An Thoi archipelago. Located about 35 kilometers away from the center of Phu Quoc, it is a place of inherent wild beauty. Surrounding the island is clear sea water, through which you can see colorful coral reefs shimmering. There are fine white sand stretches under the shade of green coconut trees, along with countless big and small rock formations with many beautiful shapes. With a rich ecosystem and poetic beauty, this place is an emerging tourist destination, attracting more and more domestic and foreign tourists to visit and explore.
2. When and how to visit Gam Ghi Island?
The best time to visit the island: from October to March.
Phu Quoc's weather has 2 distinct seasons: the dry season and the rainy season. You can come to Phu Quoc and Gam Ghi Island at any time of the year. Still, the most ideal time to visit the island is from October to March. During this time, the weather here is warm, sunny. There is almost no rain and the sea is calm, which is perfect for doing fun activities like swimming or taking pictures on the island.
How to get there:
From Duong Dong Town to An Thoi Port: From Duong Dong Town's center or where you are staying, you can get to An Thoi Port by motorbike or taxi.
Motorbike rental price: 120,000 - 150,000VND (about 6$)/day
- Taxi price: 250,000VND (about 10$) if you depart from Duong Dong Town's center
From An Thoi port to Gam Ghi Island: You can choose to take a boat or canoe.
- Boat: It takes about 60 minutes to get to the island
- Canoe: It only takes about 20 minutes to get to the island
You may also like:
- Northern Vietnam: 12 top-rated destinations to add to your 2023 bucket list
- Vietnam money: The BEST guide for your cost-conscious trip
- Rainy season in Vietnam: The BEST guide for your future backpacking tour
3. The not-to-be-missed experiences in Gam Ghi Island
Traveling to this island, visitors will have the opportunity to experience many interesting activities such as fishing or snorkeling, enjoy many famous specialties, etc.
3.1. Immerse yourself in the clear and cool sea water
There is nothing better than to be immersed in the cool water amidst the beautiful nature of Gam Ghi Island in Phu Quoc. The beach here has fine white sand and clear water that can be seen through to the bottom. Sheltered by surrounding islands, Gam Ghi Island has calm waves all year round. Along with unspoiled nature, soaking in the cool water is absolutely an unmissable activity on the island.
3.2. Take countless photos with the stunning beach background
Being considered as the Vietnamese version of Indonesia’s Bali, Gam Ghi Island has beautiful wild nature with countless natural backgrounds for you to take beautiful pictures. The rock formations with many beautiful shapes, clear blue sea, coconut groves, smooth white sand, etc., all create a poetic Instagrammable background.
3.3. Go snorkeling to see colorful coral reefs
Considered as a coral conservation area of Phu Quoc, Gam Ghi Island possesses many dense coral reefs. Standing on the boat, you can clearly see the colorful coral under the water with many different shapes, along with jellyfish, fish, and many other sea creatures. Diving deep down, the brilliant beauty of the coral reefs will definitely leave you in awe.
3.4. Experience fishing and enjoy dishes from fresh seafood
Another interesting activity on the island is fishing. You can catch some fish, snails, sea urchins, then bring them back for cooking. Not only does this experience help you relax, you can also enjoy the fresh seafood caught by your own hands.
Articles for you:
- Phu Quoc Prison - Where bravery stories of the Vietnam War are kept
- Phu Quoc National Park – A corner of PARADISE in pearl island
- Things to do in Phu Quoc: An A-Z guide to have the best trip
4. Some notes for your upcoming trip to Gam Ghi Island
To make your trip to Gam Ghi Island flawless, here are some notes you should pay attention to:
- You should plan the itinerary in detail, making sure that you have known all the information about the island. You should book a hotel in Duong Dong Town because currently, there is no hotel on the island.
- Because there is no restaurant on Gam Ghi Island, you should bring your own food or buy fresh seafood on the island and prepare it yourself.
- If you travel to the island on a holiday or weekend, you should book a boat or canoe in advance to avoid long waiting time.
- Bring a tent if you want to stay overnight on the island. It is necessary to check the weather in advance to avoid rainy days. And remember to bring insect repellents.
On your trip to Phu Quoc, you should stay at Vinpearl Phu Quoc for a convenient sightseeing tour to Gam Ghi Island as well as other touristy places, such as Khem Beach, Long Beach, VinWonders Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Safari Phu Quoc, Phu Quoc Night Market, etc.
Considered as a resort paradise, Vinpearl Phu Quoc is the ideal stopover for tourists before coming to Gam Ghi Island. Vinpearl Phu Quoc is located at Bai Dai, one of the most beautiful beaches on the planet. It has a system of international-standard large and luxurious 5-star resorts and hotels.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Phu Quoc to enjoy a wonderful relaxing resort space!
With beautiful natural scenery and interesting activities that will captivate people's hearts, Gam Ghi Island in Phu Quoc is an attractive destination for domestic and foreign tourists. With the detailed information above, hopefully you will have a more thorough understanding of this island and make the most out of your Phu Quoc trip.