Hanh Thong Tay Market offers a unique and authentic shopping experience that can’t be found in modern shopping malls. If you’re in Ho Chi Minh City, make sure to add Hanh Thong Tay Market to your travel itinerary and immerse yourself in the energy of one of Asia's most vibrant cities.
1. Where is Hanh Thong Tay Market?
Located at 10/2, Quang Trung Street, Ward 11, Go Vap District, Hanh Thong Tay Market is one of the best places to visit in Ho Chi Minh City. Hanh Thong Tay market stretches over 2,358 square meters and has more than 400 stalls.
2. What time is Hanh Thong Tay Market open daily?
Hanh Thong Tay Market is open 24/7, and there are both day and night markets.
- Day market: From 4:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Night market: There are two night shifts, from 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm and from 11:00 pm to 7:00 am.
The day market sells household items, vegetables, and food, whereas the night market sells off-the-peg clothes, hand-made accessories, and mouth-watering delicacies. Hanh Thong Tay Market is more vibrant and crowded at night, with a huge number of both local and foreign shoppers.
3. The detailed directions to Hanh Thong Tay Market
If you’re a tourist, there are high chances you’re staying in or near the Backpackers Area, District 1. Hanh Thong Tay Market is around 10 kilometers from there.
You can get to Hanh Thong Tay Market by bus. From the Backpackers Area, take bus number 18 to no 628A, Quang Trung street, and then walk around 300 meters to the West. The bus fare is only 6,000 VND.
If you’re traveling with your family members or a group of friends, you can consider taking a taxi/Grab. The fee is around 200,000 VND.
4. What can you find at Hanh Thong Tay Night Market?
4.1. Various types of clothes
Hanh Thong Tay Night Market is a shopper’s paradise, offering an abundance of clothing options for all ages and styles. From traditional Vietnamese áo dài to trendy Y2K streetwear, you’re sure to find them all at this bustling night market.
Besides clothing, Hanh Thong Tay Night Market has a slew of fashion items like hand-made accessories, stylish bags, and sporty sneakers–all at reasonable prices.
4.2. A lot of delectable street foods
But if you only think of Hanh Thong Tay Night Market as a shopping destination, you are missing out on a fascinating culinary adventure! This vibrant night market is also a must-visit spot for food lovers looking to experience Saigon cuisine.
Take a tour around Hanh Thong Tay Night Market and you’ll find hundreds of street food stalls. Treat yourself some broken rice with grilled pork chops, a spicy noodle soup with beef and lemongrass, or sample some of the city's famous fresh spring rolls.
With so many delicious options to choose from, you will definitely leave Hanh Thong Tay Night Market satisfied and ready for more.
5. The best notes for your shopping tour to Hanh Thong Tay Market
To complete your handbook for discovering Hanh Thong Tay Market, keep the following points in mind:
- Plan ahead and know what you want to buy: Hanh Thong Tay Market is a cheap market in Ho Chi Minh City with a variety of items on offer, so it’s better if you have a rough idea of what you want to buy before hitting the road.
- Arrive early: As one of the best markets in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanh Thong Tay Market welcomes a significant number of shoppers every day. It’s often busier at night, so consider arriving early to avoid traffic jams and crowds.
- Bargain: Bargaining is a norm when you’re shopping in Ho Chi Minh City, and Hanh Thong Tay Market is no exception. Be prepared to negotiate on price. The general rule of thumb is to pay around 70% of the original offer. Still, Hanh Thong Tay Market is a cheap market in Ho Chi Minh City, so you don’t need to worry too much about getting ripped off.
- Bring cash: Many vendors at this market may not accept card payments, so make sure to bring some money with you.
- Watch your belongings: As with any crowded, famous market in Ho Chi Minh City, be aware of your belongings and always keep an eye on your personal items to avoid getting pick-pocketed.
Ho Chi Minh City is home to numerous museums, temples, and markets, offering visitors a glimpse into the city’s unique blend of traditional and modern cultures. Besides Hanh Thong Tay Market, these are not-to-be-missed destinations during your trip in Ho Chi Minh City: Independence Palace, Saigon Notre Dame Cathedral, Landmark 81 Vietnam, Jade Emperor Pagoda, War Remnants Museum.
If you plan to extend your visit to Vietnam, how about traveling to some other places that are not far from Ho Chi Minh City like Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Hoi An, Da Nang? And, if you haven’t yet booked where to stay, our top-rated hotel and resort system, Vinpearl is here to help.
- Vinpearl Phu Quoc: Situated on the world's top 10 most beautiful beaches, Vinpearl Phu Quoc promises a dream-like vacation with luxury hotels and resorts, alongside world-class services.
- Vinpearl Nha Trang: Vinpearl Nha Trang boasts high-class hotels and resorts, all located within the beautiful coastal city.
- Vinpearl Hoi An: Vinpearl Hoi An is located on a pristine, charming coast with a system of beach-facing hotels and villas.
- Vinpearl Da Nang: Vinpearl Danang brings an exciting holiday at luxurious resorts with panoramic views of the beach.
We’ve had you covered on everything there is to know about Hanh Thong Tay market, from the location, opening hours, and what to buy at the market to a bunch of helpful tips for first-time visitors. So, what are you still waiting for? Why not head over to Hanh Thong Tay Market and experience the excitement of this one-of-a-kind market for yourself?
Our beautiful country Vietnam has a lot more to discover and enjoy. Book your ticket, carry your backpack, and discover other attractive destinations in Vietnam!