Tourism in Vietnam has gained global attention due to its varied offerings, ranging from famous historical relics, serene beaches to breathtaking mountains and lush rice fields. This article presents a list of top Vietnam sightseeing places, highlighting the must-see destinations you should include on your Vietnam travel itinerary.
1. Best places to visit for beach sightseeing in Vietnam
- Quang Ninh is a beautiful Vietnam sightseeing location with 12 enchanting beaches and 2 world-famous bays - Ha Long Bay and Bai Tu Long. On Quang Ninh's beaches, you can soak up the unspoiled natural beauty and pleasant weather, as well as join local fishermen in fishing.
- Hai Phong has long been a popular destination on the Vietnam tourist map for its stunning coastal areas, such as Do Son Beach and Lan Ha Bay. Thanks to its picturesque natural scenery, delicious local cuisine and refreshing seawater, these areas are ideal Vietnam sightseeing destinations for all travelers.
- Standing out as a must-visit Vietnam sightseeing spot, Nha Trang boasts unique landscapes and delectable seafood, making it a natural wonder. Nha Trang beaches are well-known all over the world, each with its unique charm that leaves a lasting impression on visitors.
- Da Nang is a captivating destination among the top Vietnam sightseeing locations. The stunning Da Nang beaches are perfect for relaxation and fun water activities. You can immerse yourself in the tranquil turquoise waters, bask in the warm sun and enjoy exciting water games.
- Phu Quoc is home to many beautiful beaches stretching from the North to the South. With its untamed beauty of nature, tasty gastronomy, and many entertaining recreational activities, Phu Quoc beaches will undoubtedly be a perfect Vietnam sightseeing getaway with your loved ones.
2. Best places to visit on your Vietnam wildlife tour
With a rich flora and fauna system, Vietnam national parks are ideal Vietnam sightseeing attractions for any nature lover.
- Located in Thua Thien Hue, Bach Ma National Park is considered a haven for nature fans. With its rare ecosystem and serene natural beauty, it is a popular Vietnam sightseeing destination for those seeking to explore the semi-tropical rainforest.
- Nestled in Bac Kan, Ba Be National Park is one of the largest natural freshwater lakes and home to various plants, animals and ethnic minorities. This unique Vietnam sightseeing site offers limestone peaks, misty valleys, stunning lakes, dense forests, and remote villages.
- Situated in Hai Phong, Cat Ba National Park stands out with unique geology and ecological value including tropical forests, wetlands, mangroves and coral reef ecosystems. It is home to 32 species of mammals, including the golden-headed langur – the world’s most endangered primate.
- Cuc Phuong National Park in Ninh Binh Province is an excellent Vietnam sightseeing site for those seeking an escape to the true wilderness. It boasts a rich ecosystem, a conservation center for endangered species and the unique culture of the Muong people.
- Cat Tien National Park, located in Dong Nai - Lam Dong - Binh Phuoc is one of the most beautiful natural Vietnam sightseeing attractions. This biodiversity hotspot is home to many of the world’s most endangered species, grass fields, and streams.
3. TOP Vietnam tourist destinations for epic walking, hiking and trekking tours
- Fansipan Mountain, in Lao Cai Province, is an ideal Vietnam sightseeing destination for travelers who appreciate natural beauty and participate in a Vietnam hiking tour. Here, you can behold breathtaking views of the surrounding valleys, verdant forests, and traditional hill villages.
- Ba Den Mountain, located in Tay Ninh Province, is the tallest summit in Southern Vietnam and a popular Vietnam sightseeing site among trekking enthusiasts. This mountain offers a challenging climb that can be completed in a day, making it a great option for those looking for a day trek.
- As the tallest summit in Dalat City, Lang Biang Mountain is a captivating Vietnam sightseeing spot with vegetable farms, coffee plantations, pine trees, and jungle forests, along with the sounds of birds and wild animals.
- Sung La Valley is hailed as an “oasis” and the most captivating highland commune in Ha Giang Province. In Sung La, you can marvel at stunning vistas of verdant corn and rice fields, the majestic purple hue of buckwheat flowers, and the lush dark green of the surrounding forests.
- Nestled in Thanh Hoa, Pu Luong Nature Reserve boasts lush forests, towering mountain ranges, and magnificent rice terraces. Exploring the reserve gives you an opportunity to witness the daily lives and cultures of the Thai and Muong ethnic groups.
4. Best places for cave discovery on your Vietnam sightseeing tour
Famous caves in Vietnam are fantastic tourist destinations that cater to every adventure enthusiast.
- Phong Nha - Ke Bang National Park in Quang Binh features a magnificent karst landscape, a vast network of caves and underground rivers. It offers some of the best Vietnam hiking tours, thanks to its breathtaking scenery, biodiversity, and karst-specific geomorphology.
- Ha Long Bay is famous for its unique and beautiful caves, which are popular Vietnam sightseeing attractions for tourists seeking adventure and relaxation. With intricate formations, glittering crystal walls, and hidden chambers, these caves showcase the magnificence and diversity of Vietnam's geological landscape.
- Ninh Binh is home to various beautiful and mysterious caves such as Tam Coc - Bich Dong, Trang An and Lich Dong Cave. These caves boast impressive rock formations, intricate passageways, with captivating underground streams and rivers that attract visitors worldwide.
5. Famous historical sites in Vietnam that you don’t want to miss
- Hoi An Ancient Town in Quang Nam province serves as a living museum of worldwide construction design and urban lifestyle. It is a true marvel with charming preserved architecture, colorful lanterns, and a serene river, offering you a glimpse into a bygone era of beauty and wonder.
- The Imperial Citadel of Thang Long, situated in Hanoi, stands as a remarkable symbol of the city's rich cultural heritage with its impressive architecture, ornate carvings, and intricate symbols that reflect the enduring legacy of Vietnam's past.
- Hue Imperial City is a must-visit Vietnam sightseeing destination, offering breathtaking landscape and a grand architectural heritage of the imperial era. The Hue Historic Citadel is a testament to the region's rich cultural values, boasting an array of architectural masterpieces that captivate visitors to this day.
- My Son Sanctuary located in Quang Nam is among the most magnificent Cham temples in Vietnam, with intricate carvings and elaborate stone masonry that date back centuries. The complex consists of several temples, each with its distinct style reflecting the different historical stages of the Champa kingdoms.
- The Cu Chi Tunnels in Saigon are considered one of the most thrilling Vietnam sightseeing destinations. This intricate tunnel system resembles a sophisticated and hidden maze, where visitors can have a better understanding of Vietnam’s history and military heritage.
6. Best cultural destinations to visit on your Vietnam sightseeing trip
- Hue, the former imperial capital of Vietnam, is a true gem with a rich collection of ancient wonders, unique cultural traditions, and mouthwatering local cuisine. This place offers a chance to step back in time and immerse yourself in Vietnam's captivating history.
- Tra Vinh is a well-known Vietnam sightseeing destination with a rich cultural heritage that dates back centuries. Visiting Tra Vinh, you can experience the unique blend of Khmer, Chinese, and Vietnamese cultures through the province's diverse architecture, festivals, and cuisine.
- As a thousand-year-old capital, Hanoi’s rich and diverse history has left an indelible mark on the country's cultural heritage. You can explore the city's many historical sites, museums, and galleries to experience a fascinating blend of traditional and modern Vietnamese culture.
- Sapa is a popular Vietnam sightseeing spot for those seeking to experience the beauty of Vietnam's ethnic minority cultures. With its stunning rice terraces and vibrant ethnic markets, this place offers endless opportunities for unforgettable experiences.
- Chau Doc is a historically significant destination that boasts a rich cultural heritage and a wealth of historical landmarks. Here, you can explore ancient temples, traditional markets, and museums that offer insight into the city's fascinating past.
When planning your upcoming trip to these stunning Vietnam sightseeing sites, choosing the right accommodation is essential for a truly unforgettable travel experience. For those seeking ultimate luxury and comfort, Vinpearl stands out as the premier choice.
Vinpearl offers an exceptional experience, with an exclusive collection of hotels and resorts located in Vietnam's most coveted locations, including Vinpearl Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Nha Trang, Vinpearl Hoi An, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long. Guests can indulge in world-class amenities such as relaxing spas and delectable dining options, as well as admire the stunning views of the surrounding landscapes.
Vietnam sightseeing has become increasingly popular among travelers worldwide thanks to its stunning natural landscapes, rich culture, and fascinating history. From the breathtaking landscapes of Ha Long Bay and Sapa's rice terraces, to the bustling streets of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, this country offers an array of sightseeing opportunities that cater to all needs and budgets. With the right preparation, your Vietnamese sightseeing trip will surely leave you with a deeper appreciation of the country’s natural beauty, culture, and history.