The Mekong Delta region is famous for many floating markets, such as Mekong Delta, Can Tho floating market and Cai Be Floating Market in Tien Giang. This article focuses on Cai Be Floating Market, a unique cultural place exclusive to this region. Here, traditions and the charm of the area come alive as locals engage in traditional buying and selling activities, making it ideal for exploring.
1. Where is Cai Be Floating Market? What are its opening hours?
- Address: Cai Be Town, Cai Be District, Tien Giang Province, about 45 kilometers west of the city center of My Tho.
- Opening hours: 3 a.m.–7 p.m.
It is recommended to visit Cai Be Floating Market from early morning until noon to experience the bustling atmosphere and witness the vibrant trading activities.
>>> Read more: Vietnam nature
2. How to get to Cai Be Floating Market in Tien Giang?
To reach Cai Be Floating Market in Tien Giang, visitors can choose from the following transportation options:
- Motorbike or car: You can travel to Cai Be Floating Market using your vehicles or rented cars. From Ho Chi Minh City, Can Tho, or Vinh Long, follow specific routes, including Kinh Duong Vuong Street, Road 1A, Vo Van Kiet Street, and Road 875.
- Plane: For travelers from the northern or central regions of Vietnam, flying to Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City or Can Tho Airport is convenient. From there, visitors can arrange ground transportation to reach it.
- Bus: Public and tourist buses are available from various locations, including Ho Chi Minh City, Can Tho, and other nearby cities. With amenities, these buses provide a convenient and affordable option for visitors.
3. What makes Cai Be Floating Market Vietnam special?
3.1. The long-standing history
Cai Be Floating Market has a rich history dating back to the 17th and 18th centuries. It was established to facilitate convenient transportation and trading because land transportation was limited. Gradually, the floating market became an essential hub where people gathered on boats and sampans to buy, sell, and exchange goods.
Today, Cai Be Floating Market remains a vibrant trading center, showcasing the cultural and economic heritage of the Mekong Delta. It continues to attract visitors intrigued by its history, traditional trading practices, and the beauty of bustling markets on the water.
3.2. A variety of products and dishes
Cai Be Floating Market in Tien Giang is renowned for its bustling trade of different products, such as fruits, vegetables, seafood, rice, handicrafts, and local specialties.
If you visit the floating market in the early morning, you can indulge in some mouthwatering local noodle delicacies, such as Bun goi gia, Banh canh, Hu tieu, etc.
Additionally, this floating market in the Mekong Delta is renowned for Ca phe noi (floating coffee), a unique cultural tradition where visitors can enjoy a flavorful cup of coffee on a boat while immersing themselves in the scenic beauty.
3.3. The mud bath festival yearly
During the Mid-year festival, Cai Be Floating Market comes alive with the unique mud bath festival. From 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., as the water recedes, locals and tourists eagerly partake in the delightful experience of mud bathing.
The festive atmosphere fills with cheers, laughter, and excitement, creating a vibrant ambiance. The mud bath festival is not only a physical cleansing but also a spiritual one, as people believe it washes away negative energies and brings good luck.
>>> Don’t forget to check out Cai Rang Floating Market as well!
4. Some notes for your Cai Be Floating Market tours
- Choose lightweight and easy-to-move clothing to avoid any hindrance when sitting on boats or sampans
- Wear sports shoes or sandals for comfortable movement
- Bring a hat and umbrella to protect yourself from the sun and unexpected rain showers
- Carry medication, stomachache relief, sunscreen, and insect bite repellent
When coming to Tien Giang in the Mekong Delta region, you should visit other nearby destinations like An Giang and Can Tho, which offer a plethora of attractions and cultural sites, such as Binh Thuy Ancient House, Ninh Kieu Wharf, Con Son Islet, Can Tho Markets, My Khanh Tourist Village, Bang Lang Stork Sanctuary, Canton Assembly Hall Of Can Tho, Luu Huu Phuoc Park, Munirensay Temple, Quang Duc Pagoda, Song Hau Park, etc.
After exploring the enchanting Mekong Delta region, there are several other captivating destinations in Vietnam that you can include in your travel itinerary, such as Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Hoi An, Da Nang, Ha Long, etc.
While in Vietnam, you can elevate your travel experience by staying at Vinpearl hotels and resorts. Renowned for its exceptional amenities and services, Vinpearl offers world-class accommodations with elegant rooms, suites, and villas that provide ultimate comfort and relaxation.
At Vinpearl, guests can indulge in exquisite dining options, ranging from international cuisine to authentic Vietnamese dishes prepared by skilled chefs. Furthermore, luxurious spas offer rejuvenating treatments and wellness therapies, ensuring a truly pampering experience during your stay.
The vibrant charm of the Cai Be Floating Market in Tien Giang, Vietnam, is truly captivating. With its rich history, bustling trading activities, a diverse range of products, and delicious dishes, this market offers a unique and immersive experience. Visitors can explore the colorful boats and immerse themselves in the lively atmosphere of this iconic Mekong Delta destination. Don't miss the chance to witness the cultural heritage and bustling energy of Cai Be Floating Market.