Food Vietnam tourism brings a captivating and mouth-watering experience that allows you to embark on a culinary Vietnam travel journey through the diverse flavors and regional specialties of Vietnam. Whether you are a passionate foodie or simply an adventurous traveler seeking to immerse yourself in the local culture, these 10 Vietnam food destinations will provide you with the most delectable culinary experiences across the country.
1. What are the popular activities of food Vietnam tourism?
- Participate in culinary activities: One of the best ways to immerse yourself in Vietnam's culinary scene is by actively participating in culinary activities, such as taking part in cooking classes. The hands-on experiences will provide valuable insights into the local ingredients, techniques, and flavors that make Vietnamese cuisine so unique.
- Experience the street cuisine: Vietnam's bustling streets come alive with a myriad of street food vendors, offering an explosion of flavors and aromas. So, make sure you pull up a tiny plastic stool, join the locals, and savor the authentic street food experiences that Vietnam is famous for.
- Experience the local cuisine: Venture beyond tourist hotspots and seek out local eateries where you can discover regional specialties. From the fragrant fish-based dishes of the Mekong Delta to the aromatic delicacies of Central Vietnam, each region offers its own distinct flavors. Try various dishes to truly understand the diversity of Vietnamese cuisine.
- Explore the culinary culture: Food is deeply intertwined with Vietnamese culture and history. You can explore bustling markets to witness the vibrant trade of fresh produce and visit traditional food villages where generations have preserved ancient cooking techniques. Engaging with Vietnam's culinary culture is an enriching experience that goes beyond mere consumption.
2. Top 10 recommended choices for food Vietnam tourism
2.1. Northwest food tours in Vietnam
If you are a foodie looking to explore the diverse culinary culture of Vietnam, consider taking a Northwest food tour in places like Sapa and Ha Giang. These tours offer an opportunity to try dishes that are unique to the region and immerse yourself in the local culture.
2.2. Hanoi food tours
No visit to Vietnam is complete without experiencing the vibrant food scene of Hanoi. You can explore the bustling streets of the capital city and indulge in Hanoi street foods and specialties, such as Vietnamese fish cake, turmeric fish, bun dau mam tom, steamed rice rolls, and Pho rolls. Don't miss the chance to savor the famous egg coffee on your Hanoi travel as well!
2.3. Hai Phong for food Vietnam tourism
Hai Phong is another must-visit destination for gastronomic adventures. This port city has a vast array of delicious dishes, such as banh da cua and Vietnamese spring rolls. A highlight of Hai Phong food tours is savoring the freshest seafood sourced straight from fishermen’s boats in Du Hang Kenh Fish Market!
2.4. Hue Vietnam food trips
Hue foods are characterized by their intricate presentation and delicate taste. You can visit restaurants that specialize in traditional royal dishes and savor the flavors enjoyed by Vietnam’s past emperors. There are also plenty of cooking classes to join and learn about the ingredients, flavors, and cooking methods that make Hue’s cuisine unique.
2.5. Hoi An Vietnam food tours
Hoi An's culinary scene is a delightful fusion of Vietnamese, Chinese, and Japanese influences. While sampling Hoi An street foods and dishes like banh mi Hoi An and cao lau, you can learn more about Vietnam’s rich history. Interacting with local vendors and participating in market-to-table cooking experiences are also fantastic food Vietnam tourism activities to delve deeper into the region's culinary offerings.
2.6. Da Nang Vietnam food tours
While in Central Vietnam, don't miss the opportunity to try Da Nang’s delights. This vibrant city offers a diverse range of dishes, from local seafood specialties to regional Vietnamese favorites. Some of the best Da Nang foods to try are mi Quang and pancake Vietnam. You can also take tours that invite visitors to cook alongside local chefs for a mix of cultural and culinary exploration.
2.7. Nha Trang for food Vietnam tourism
If you are a seafood or fruit lover, Nha Trang is definitely the place for you. This coastal city in Vietnam boasts an abundance of fresh and delicious seafood, as well as a variety of tropical fruits that will tantalize your taste buds. There are several food tours available in Nha Trang that focus specifically on these two delights, along with other best foods in Nha Trang.
2.8. Da Lat Vietnam food tours
Though often overlooked compared to other popular Vietnamese dishes, like Vietnamese noodles, Vietnamese fried rice, Vietnamese bread, and Vietnamese broken rice, Da Lat’s culinary offerings are certainly well worth exploring. They are particularly great for those who want to sample many different delicacies without overeating.
Craving something savory and crispy? Try banh trang nuong. Sweet? Avocado ice cream! Warm? Crab soup or soy milk! There is no shortage of things to tantalize your taste buds in Da Lat.
2.9. Saigon food tours
No food journey in Vietnam is complete without exploring the vibrant culinary scene of Ho Chi Minh City. You can visit bustling street markets to dive into Saigon cuisine and sample iconic foods in Ho Chi Minh City like banh mi Saigon. Saigon food tours will offer you an authentic experience of the city’s people and energy.
2.10. The Mekong Delta – a great place for food Vietnam tourism
The Mekong Delta region of Vietnam is a culinary paradise that offers an authentic taste of the country's diverse and delicious cuisine. Two of the best places for food tours here are Can Tho and Phu Quoc.
You can explore the incredible variety of ingredients that are used to create mouth-watering delicacies, such as ken noodles. Apart from indulging in Can Tho and Phu Quoc foods, you can experience traditional cooking methods like clay pot cooking and coconut candy-making!
As you embark on your food tour in Vietnam, consider staying at Vinpearl’s hotels and resorts, known for exquisite settings and high-end amenities. They are also close to VinWonders, which offers unparalleled entertainment.
After a day of culinary exploration, you can return to Vinpearl and unwind in comfortable rooms, ensuring a restful night's sleep for more food adventures or entertainment the next day.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Nha Trang, Vinpearl Hoi An, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long for a comfortable and luxurious retreat after your food-filled adventures!
Food Vietnam tourism has flourished in recent years, attracting visitors who seek immersive experiences, authentic flavors, and the opportunity to engage with the local community. Whether it is exploring the bustling food markets, participating in cooking classes, or embarking on gastronomic tours, visitors are able to discover the heart and soul of Vietnam through its diverse and tantalizing cuisine.