It is essential for Indian tourists to know how to contact the Indian Embassy in Vietnam. Although Vietnam travel is always exciting and attractive, you will never know when you will encounter severe problems like epidemics, natural disasters, or legal issues. That is why a visa is not the only thing that Indian tourists should know. Read this article carefully and note all your nation’s embassy information on your phone for a safe trip!
1. Essential information about Indian Embassy in Vietnam
1.1. Indian ambassador to Vietnam
The current Indian Ambassador to Vietnam is Mr. Sandeep Arya, who has worked in diplomacy for nearly 20 years. Before becoming the Ambassador to Vietnam, Mr. Sandeep Arya was Joint Secretary and Additional Secretary at the Ministry of External Affairs of India. He also held various positions at the Indian Embassy in Russia, the Netherlands, and Ukraine.
1.2. Embassy of India in Hanoi, Vietnam
- Address: 58-60 Tran Hung Dao Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
- Telephone number: +84-24-38244989/90
- Emergency Contact: +84-913089165
- Email: [email protected]/ [email protected]
- Working hours: Monday to Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (except Saturday, Sunday, and public holidays)
1.3. Consulate General of India in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Address: 214 Vo Thi Sau Street, Vo Thi Sau Ward, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
- Telephone Number: +84-28-37442400
- Emergency Contact: +84-917180776
- Working hours: Monday to Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (except national holidays)
>>> Read more about the Vietnam embassy for a smooth travel experience in Vietnam
2. Functions & Duties of the Indian Embassy in Vietnam
The Indian Embassy in Vietnam is a focal point for residents and governments of the two countries to link and cooperate efficiently. This place is responsible for providing and ensuring the legal rights you have. Whether you are Indian in Vietnam or Vietnamese in India, you can contact the embassy if you encounter any incidents.
As an Indian citizen, you can contact the Embassy of India in Vietnam if you face any emergencies, disasters, medical problems, etc. The embassy is also responsible for informing your relatives back home. Children under 18 years old are always the top priority of the embassy’s support.
Last but not least, the Indian Embassy in Vietnam will have many other tasks to promote the country’s brands, cultures, economy, and more. If you want to learn more about Indian cultural events or information about travel, study, and scholarships in India, then this is also a reliable destination.
3. All consular services provided by the Indian Embassy/Consulate General in Vietnam
You can contact the Consular Wing of the Indian Embassy in Vietnam (Ha Noi) or the Consulate General of India in Ho Chi Minh City for the following services:
- Visa services for all foreign passport holders
- All services relating to Indian passports
- All services relating to OCI (Overseas Citizens of India) Cards
- All services relating to Emergency Certificates and Identity Certificates
- Police Clearance Certificates
- Issue and registration of Death and Birth Certificates and Registration of Marriage.
- Attestation of documents
- Swearing in of Oaths / Affidavits / Power of Attorney etc.
Note: All applicants seeking Consular Services (Visa, Renewal of Passport, OCI, Other Services) from the Indian Embassy in Vietnam are required to obtain an online appointment from the “Online Portal for Consular Services” on the Embassy’s website homepage.
>>> Read more: Vietnam where to go for the most updated 10 HOTTEST tourist destinations in Vietnam
4. A complete guide to Vietnam visa application for Indian tourists
Besides the Indian Embassy in Vietnam, the Indian visa to Vietnam is always top of mind. If you don’t know how to get a visa for Vietnam from India, read the complete guide to applying for a valid Vietnam visa below:
4.1. Requirements for Vietnam tourist visa application
Indian citizens are required to have a valid visa to enter Vietnam, whether for business or tourism purposes. Please prepare the following documents for application:
- Your passport: make sure it remains valid for at least six months with at least two blank pages
- One passport copy
- Your colored photographs at passport-sized
- If you apply for a visa on arrival, please prepare the following documents:
- M3 form: the duly filled-up application form
- The approval letter
- Prepared cash for stamping fee (Vietnamese Dong)
4.2. Instructions on how to apply for a Vietnam visa for Indian citizens
There are three available ways for Indian passport holders to get a tourist visa to Vietnam:
- Applying for a Vietnam e-visa:
- Step 1: Make the application by visiting https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/home, then click “Electronic Visa” at the top of the page and follow the instructions.
- Step 2: Provide the required information, including your personal and travel information and visa request. Please check all the information carefully because once your e-visa is issued, there is no chance for you to change, especially your entry and exit days.
- Step 3: Pay US $ 25 for your e-visa for Vietnam.
- Step 4: Check your application status and print it out for entering and exiting Vietnam.
- Applying for a Vietnam visa on arrival:
- Step 1: Visit https://vietnamvisa.govt.vn/
- Step 2: Complete the online application form at: https://vietnamvisa.govt.vn/apply-online/
- Step 3: Pay the fee, which ranges from USD 35 to USD 65 depending on your selection
- Step 4: Obtain your approval letter to help you pick up your visa at the Vietnamese airport
- Applying for a Vietnam visa at Vietnam Embassy in India: Prepare all necessary documents, then visit Vietnam Embassy in India at EP-7A Chandragupta Marg, Chanakya Puri, New Delhi – 110021, and follow the staff’s instructions. Please note that the working hours of the Consular section are every Tuesday and Friday, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Here you will find all the necessary information about the Indian Embassy in Vietnam and tourist guides to apply for a Vietnamese visa. Applying for a tourist visa in advance is always advisable for every traveler to have a smooth trip. Once you finish the documents, set yourself free and enjoy Vietnam’s top attractions like Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Hoi An, Da Nang, Ha Long, and more.
Apart from applying for a visa, tourists should make a reservation for their staycation in advance, too. If you are still confused among thousands of choices, Vinpearl, the top recommendation from many seasoned travelers, is a good option. As the leading hospitality brand in Vietnam, Vinpearl offers tourists luxurious and full-service stays in almost every hot stopover.
Every Indian tourist who has plans to visit Vietnam should note all the contact and necessary information of the Indian Embassy in Vietnam, as it is the best way to protect yourself in emergency cases. Besides, understanding Vietnam’s visa policy and application is also a requirement. Hopefully, the information in this article can make your travel smoother and safer.