Originating from the central region of Vietnam, Mi Quang is a beloved dish that showcases the country's rich culinary heritage and offers a tantalizing symphony of flavors and textures. From its wide rice noodles bathed in a fragrant broth to the succulent protein options and vibrant array of fresh herbs and vegetables, every element of the Mi Quang recipe is meticulously crafted to create a harmonious and unforgettable dining experience.
1. Mi Quang recipe with shrimp and pork
According to Mi Quang recipe with shrimp and pork, you will need the following ingredients: 400g Quang noodles, 500g pork bone, 500g shrimp, 500g bacon, 20 boiled quail eggs, 200ml peanut oil, 100g peanuts, 1 onion, ½ spoon white radish, 5 purple onions, 3 branches of green onions, 1 branch of turmeric, 3 branches of Chinese coriander, 1 chicken egg, 2 tablespoons of cashew oil, 10 rice crackers, 5 tablespoons of fish sauce, a little salt, sugar, main noodles, ground pepper.
These ingredients will come together to create the flavorful base for your Mi Quang dish. With a combination of shrimp, pork, and various aromatic herbs and spices, you will achieve a delicious and satisfying bowl of one of the most well-known types of Vietnamese rice noodles.
- Blanch and wash the pork bone. Boil with water for 90 minutes with onions and white radish. Add more water, bring it to a boil, and turn off the heat.
- Crush peanuts and turmeric. Roast and peel the remaining peanuts. Mince compressed tubers and slice purple onions. Wash and cut green onions and Chinese coriander.
- Blanch and slice the pork belly. Marinate with salt, noodles, fish sauce, pepper, shallot, sugar, and compressed tubers for 30 minutes.
- Peel, wash, and marinate shrimp with salt, noodles, shallots, and compressed tubers for 30 minutes.
- Heat peanut oil to stir-fry shrimp and pork belly.
- Season the broth with salt, noodles, sugar, and fish sauce. Bring to a boil and adjust Mi Quang seasoning.
- Prepare the Quang noodles by boiling them in water at an optimal temperature of approximately 60°C before putting them into a bowl with other toppings and Mi Quang soup.
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Hoi An, Nam Hoi An to grab the best deals for your trip!
2. How to cook mi Quang noodles with chicken?
Mi Quang with chicken recipe is regarded as one of the most delicious and easy-to-follow Vietnam rice noodle recipes. The ingredients that you need to prepare to make Quang noodles with chicken include 800g Quang noodles, 1 chicken (about 1.5kg), 15 quail eggs, 500ml coconut water, 4 grilled sesame rice papers, 1 tablespoon turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon cashew oil, 3 scallions, 1 onion, 2 tablespoons fish sauce, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1/2 tablespoon seasoning seeds, salt, side vegetables (lettuce, banana flower, coriander).
- Soak the chicken in salt water for about 10 minutes, then cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- Peel and mince onions. Wash vegetables and chop scallions.
- Crush roasted peanuts.
- Marinate chicken with onion, seasoning, and turmeric.
- Boil and peel quail eggs.
- Heat cashew oil, fry onions, and add turmeric. Add chicken, coconut water, filtered water, fish sauce, and sugar. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Put Quang noodles and all the prepared toppings into a bowl, add broth to enjoy.
>>> Let’s explore some famous stalls selling banh mi Hoi An!
3. Unique mi Quang recipe with frog meat
Some ingredients you need to prepare are 1kg Quang noodles, 500g frog meat, 80g minced frog meat, 500g pork bone, 120g minced pork, 25g turmeric, 5g green chili pepper, 10g red chili, 5g garlic, 40g lemongrass, 90g onion, 150g onion, 20g onion head, 20g rice flour, filtered water, white sugar, cashew oil, cooking oil, fish sauce, oyster sauce, salt, pepper.
- Crush shallots, turmeric, garlic, chilies, lemongrass.
- Clean and drain frogs before marinating with a mixture of crushed ingredients, fish sauce, sugar, oil, oyster sauce, salt, and pepper for 30 minutes.
- Blanch, rinse pork bones. Boil with 700ml water, skim foam. Add onion, red onion, green onion, lemongrass. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir-fry onions and turmeric in oil before adding frog meat, bone broth, sugar, fish sauce to boil.
- Combine Quang noodles and prepared toppings in a bowl, then pour the flavorful broth over them for a delightful dining experience.
>>> Don't forget to try com ga Hoi An during your holiday in Vietnam!
4. How to make mi Quang with snakehead fish?
600 grams of snakehead fish, tomatoes, onions, garlic, compressed turmeric, chili, lemon, seasoning powder, lettuce, herbs, lettuce, banana, and Quang noodles
- Wash the fish with salt water to remove the viscosity and cut into small pieces.
- Marinate the fish with onions, compresses, turmeric, crushed chili, 2 teaspoons of seasoning powder, and 1 teaspoon of sugar for about 15-30 minutes.
- Stir-fry onions and tomatoes before adding snakehead fish. Then add water and bring it to a boil. Adjust the seasoning according to your taste preferences.
- Put the Quang noodles in a bowl, then add the broth and roasted peanuts to the bowl.
- Prepare a plate of raw vegetables and green chili, and enjoy your steaming noodle bowl.
>>> Let’s discover the diversity of Central Vietnamese food!
5. Vegetarian mi Quang recipe with tofu and mushroom
The ingredients to make vegetarian Quang noodles can be easily found at markets. These ingredients are white radish, cabbage, green cauliflower, carrot/pear, mushrooms or shiitake mushrooms, tomato, 2 slices of tofu (100g), coriander, salt, Maggi seasoning, leek, bean sprout, basil leaves, spearmint leaves, Quang noodle, roasted peanut, rice crackers, Annatto seed oil, soy sauce or white soy cheese, and tofu skin.
- Clean the white radish, cabbage and cauliflower, and slice them into small cubes before boiling for 30-45 minutes.
- Cut off the roots of the mushrooms and clean them.
- Clean and slice the tofu into small pieces. Fry the tofu until it turns brownish-yellow.
- Slice the leek, coriander, and tomato. Smash roasted peanuts.
- Cut the tofu skin and fry until yellow. Drain excess oil
- Heat the annatto seed oil, fry the leek and tomato. Add mushrooms and tofu. Season with salt. Then slowly pour water into the pot. Cook for 10-15 minutes, then season with Maggi seasoning, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Arrange vegetables in bowls, add Quang noodles, and ladle the broth.
>>> Let’s enjoy some delectable types of Vietnamese noodles!
If you are fond of Mi Quang, visiting Hoi An should be one of the top activities on your bucket list during your Vietnam travel journey. When planning your Hoi An itinerary, make sure to include visits to Hoi An Ancient Town, Tra Que Vegetable Village, An Bang Beach, Japanese Bridge, Hoi An night markets, Quan Cong Temple, Tan Ky Old House, My Son Sanctuary, Cham Islands, Cantonese Assembly Hall, etc.
Being one of the most attractive tourist destinations in Vietnam, Hoi An has a wide range of hotels for you to choose from. It is recommended that you stay at Vinpearl Resort & Golf Nam Hoi An and Vinpearl Resort & Spa Hoi An to enjoy top-notch amenities and excellent services. These properties are located in prime locations, allowing tourists to conveniently visit iconic landmarks in the city. Moreover, you should not miss out on the opportunity to unwind at VinWonders Nam Hoi An. This amusement park offers all sorts of exciting activities in its 5 subdivisions.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Hoi An and enjoy your holiday in this poetic city!
Mi Quang recipe showcases the culinary brilliance of Vietnamese cuisine. With its harmonious blend of flavors and exquisite presentation, Mi Quang has become a beloved dish that captures the essence of Vietnamese culinary tradition. The recipe's versatility allows for creative variations and personal touches, making it adaptable to different tastes and preferences.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Hoi An to have a pleasant stay with your family!
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Hoi An, Nam Hoi An to secure the finest offers for your journey!