Traveling from Da Nang to Hanoi is an exciting trip with a lot of fun in store. It is important to be fully prepared in order to ensure the most enjoyable trip possible for yourself. This complete guide and itinerary will tell you all about how to cover the distance between Da Nang and Hanoi and how to enjoy your time in Hanoi to the fullest.
1. The 3 best ways to get from Da Nang to Hanoi
There are multiple ways to travel from Da Nang to Hanoi, and the top 3 methods are by plane, by train, and by bus. So the answer to the question of how to get from Da Nang to Hanoi depends on your budget and preferences.
1.1. By plane
Catching flights from Da Nang to Hanoi is the most common way. The distance between these two cities is approximately 795 kilometers, and there are two main airports available for departure and arrival: Da Nang International Airport and Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi.
Da Nang to Hanoi flight time is usually around 1 hour and 20 minutes, making air travel the fastest and most convenient option.
Airfares can vary depending on the season and how far in advance you book your tickets. However, budget airlines offer affordable options for travelers on a budget. It can also fluctuate depending on whether you are booking one-way or round-trip tickets.
Generally, round-trip ticket prices range from 600,000 VND up to 1,700,000 VND (25 to 70 USD).
For tips on how to book cheap tickets, there are a few things to keep in mind. Firstly, it is best to book your tickets in advance to avoid last-minute surcharges.
Additionally, consider traveling during off-peak seasons, as prices are generally lower. Finally, sign up for airline newsletters and monitor their social media channels to stay up-to-date with any promotions or discounts.
1.2. By train
Traveling from Da Nang to Hanoi by train is a scenic and affordable way to explore Vietnam. The distance between the two cities is approximately 791 kilometers, and the journey takes around 15 to 17 hours, depending on the train and the stops along the way.
There are several Da Nang to Hanoi trains available, including SE2, SE4, SE6, SE10, SE8, and SE20. These trains offer various seat classes, including soft seats, hard seats, and sleeper cabins. SE2 and SE4 trains are the most comfortable options for train from Da Nang to Hanoi, offering the highest level of comfort with private sleeper cabins and shared restrooms, while the rest offer a mix of seating options.
Fares for train travel can vary depending on the season and the type of seat you choose. On average, train tickets vary from 600,000 to 800,000 VND (25 to 35 USD)
To book train tickets, you can either visit the railway station in person or book online through the Vietnam Railways website. It is highly recommended to book your tickets in advance, especially during peak travel seasons, to secure your preferred seat. When booking online, you can choose your preferred seat class, departure time, train number, and pay using a credit card or online payment service.
>>> Look into motorbike rental Hanoi and bike rental Hanoi for transportation at your destination!
1.3. By bus
Traveling by bus from Da Nang to Hanoi is a popular option for those looking for a more affordable and flexible way to explore Vietnam. The distance between these two cities is approximately 810 kilometers, and the journey takes around 14-16 hours, depending on the bus company and stops along the way.
There are several bus companies that operate on this route, including Camel Travel, Duong Vu, Danatranco, Dien Linh, and Dai Phat. Fares can vary depending on the company and the type of seat you choose, with options ranging from basic reclining seats to more comfortable sleeper buses.
One of the benefits of traveling by bus is the flexibility it offers. Buses depart frequently throughout the day, so you can choose a departure time that suits your schedule. Additionally, buses often make stops along the way, allowing you to break up the journey and explore some of the smaller towns and cities in Vietnam.
However, there are also some drawbacks to traveling by bus. The journey can be long and uncomfortable, especially if you choose a basic seat option. Additionally, buses might be affected by traffic, therefore delays are common.
2. A detailed Da Nang to Hanoi itinerary for your first trip
Now that you have made the journey from Da Nang to Hanoi, this itinerary will show you the most interesting and exciting activities in the capital city of Vietnam.
Three days in Hanoi will take you from the iconic landmarks in the city to the nearby villages and parks that are worth a visit. The itinerary will also provide you with some recommendations on which dishes to try during your trip.
- Start your day with a stroll around Hoan Kiem Lake and visit Ngoc Son Temple.
- Visit Hoa Lo Prison to learn about Vietnam's colonial and revolutionary history.
- Admire the stunning architecture of St. Joseph Cathedral, one of the oldest Catholic churches in Hanoi.
- Head to Dong Xuan Market to experience the bustling atmosphere of a traditional Vietnamese market.
- Pass through the Old City Gate, a remnant of Hanoi's ancient city walls.
- Visit Bach Ma Temple, a Taoist temple, to learn about the history of the city.
- End your day on Ta Hien Street to enjoy some street food and beer.
Food options for day 1:
- Breakfast: Pho
- Lunch: Bun cha
- Dinner: Street food with fresh beer
- Start your day with a stroll at West Lake.
- Visit Phu Tay Ho, a temple dedicated to the Goddess of Mercy.
- Continue to Tran Quoc Pagoda and admire its beautiful lakeside setting.
- Explore Quan Thanh Temple, a Taoist temple with intricate architecture.
- Visit the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, the final resting place of Vietnam's revolutionary leader.
- Admire the unique architecture of the One Pillar Pagoda.
- Learn more about Ho Chi Minh's life and legacy at the Ho Chi Minh Museum.
- End your day at the Temple of Literature, Vietnam's first national university.
Food options for day 2:
- Breakfast: Banh mi
- Lunch: West Lake shrimp cakes
- Dinner: La Vong grilled fish
- Start your day at Duong Lam Ancient Village to explore the traditional architecture and rural life of Vietnam.
- Next, head to Ba Vi National Park and hike through the lush forests to reach the summit of Ba Vi Mountain or relax in the hot springs.
Food options for day 3:
- Breakfast: Grilled chicken with bamboo-tube rice
- Lunch: Rice cakes or grilled ostrich
- Dinner: Grilled mountain goat
- Desert: Dairy products like fresh milk, milk cakes, etc.
If you have some time to spare, Hanoi has another incredible destination. VinKE & Vinpearl Aquarium is a cutting-edge entertainment complex in Hanoi that offers visitors a range of immersive experiences, from state-of-the-art virtual reality games to interactive exhibitions and performances. Vinpearl Aquarium is a fascinating destination that showcases a vast array of marine life and underwater creatures.
>>> Book tickets of VinKE & Vinpearl Aquarium and enjoy the excitement!
After visiting Hanoi, tourists can explore other beautiful cities and towns in Vietnam. Five of the most prominent ones are Hoi An, Da Nang, Nha Trang, Phu Quoc and Ha Long, all contributing their unique appeal to making Vietnam a wonderful tourist destination.
For accommodations during your stay, Vinpearl hotels and resorts are an excellent choice. The brand is renowned for its world-class amenities, including top-notch restaurants, indulgent spas, and state-of-the-art fitness centers, all designed to cater to guests' every need.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Nha Trang, Vinpearl Hoi An, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang, and Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long and enjoy your trip to the fullest!
A trip from Da Nang to Hanoi offers a variety of options, including flights, trains, and buses, each with its own advantages and drawbacks. Once in Hanoi, visitors can explore the city's rich history, culture, and natural beauty through a range of activities, from visiting ancient temples and pagodas to strolling through bustling markets and indulging in local cuisine. With so much to see and do, a three-day itinerary is the perfect way to experience the highlights of this vibrant and charming city.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Nha Trang, Vinpearl Hoi An, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang, and Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long for a great vacation!
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Hoi An, and Da Nang to save for your next vacation!