Taking a Hanoi bus tour is a must for every Vietnam travel enthusiast exploring Hanoi. These tours give travelers a chance to discover this vibrant city, offering a glimpse into its rich cultural heritage. Read on about how to travel around Hanoi by bus and find out the best option for you!
1. A glance at Hanoi bus tours: Types and highlights
To explore Hanoi, Vietnam’s capital, by bus, you have two options. These are public bus tours and hop-on hop-off bus tours, each with its own advantages.
If you choose to go by public bus, your journey to discover Hanoi will be more budget-friendly compared to other means of transportation, as a bus ticket costs only from 7,000 to 9,000 VND. The public bus also allows you to experience the local way of life, blending in with the people and the rhythm of life here. Moreover, you can explore many tourist spots along the way at your own pace, as Hanoi’s bus system operates from 5 AM to 9 PM.
On the other hand, the hop-on hop-off bus tour is a Hanoi open top bus tour that is designed specifically for tourism and includes many iconic tourist spots within Hanoi Old Quarter. On these hop-on hop-off Hanoi bus tours, you will receive guided commentary about the tourist spots by a Hanoi tour guide, helping you better understand the city's beauty. You can get off at your favorite tourist spots during the journey, stay there for a while, then catch another hop-on-hop-off bus to explore other points of interest on the tour.
2. Things to know about Hanoi public bus tours
The public bus system operates extensively in Hanoi, allowing you to visit many famous spots all around the capital.
2.1. Hanoi city bus tour
There are many renowned attractions that can be discovered on your Hanoi tour by bus. Some of the most iconic include:
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum: Here, you can pay your respects to Ho Chi Minh, a great national hero of Vietnam, to gain a deeper understanding of his life and achievements.
- One Pillar Pagoda: A symbol of the capital, this venerable ancient pagoda resembles a lotus emerging from the water.
- Temple of Literature: This is Vietnam's first university, where you can learn about the educational traditions of Vietnam.
- Hoan Kiem Lake: Taking a stroll around this lake allows you to immerse yourself in the capital's rhythm of life. There are many attractions at Hoan Kiem Lake such as the Turtle Tower, The Huc Bridge, Ngoc Son Temple - all are must-see landmarks on your Hanoi bus tour.
- West Lake: This is a place to enjoy the fresh air amidst the bustling capital. Activities such as cycling, kayaking, or simply relaxing by the lakeside are available here.
- Vincom Mega Mall Royal City: This is an underground shopping mall with numerous stores, eateries, and entertainment centers for you.
- Vincom Mega Mall Times City: This is another large underground shopping mall where you can explore an aquarium, play various fun games, and discover delicious food courts.
- Aeon Mall Ha Dong: This place offers everything you need for relaxation, including shops, food stalls, and bookstores.
- Aeon Mall Long Bien: This is another large shopping mall with a lively atmosphere that offers various entertainment activities.
Below is a detailed bus guide to reach the introduced tourist destinations and ensure a smooth Hanoi bus tour:
|Destination||Bus numbers and where to get off|
|Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, One Pillar Pagoda||Bus 22A, 32, 34, 50. Get off at the stop opposite Xanh Pon Hospital and walk for about 800 meters.|
|Temple of Literature||Bus 02, 38, 41. Get off at the stop near Van Mieu - Quoc Tu Giam, then walk for about 350 meters.|
|Hoan Kiem Lake||Bus 08, 09, 14. Get off at the stop on Dinh Tien Hoang Street.|
|West Lake||Bus 13, 55A, 55B, 60A,145, 146. Get of at West Lake Water Park.|
|Vincom Mega Mall Royal City||Bus 01, 02, 27, 21A, 21B, E01, E04, E09. Get off at the beginning of Nguyen Trai Street.|
|Vincom Mega Mall Times City||Bus 45, 55A, 159, E08. Get off at the end of Minh Khai Street.|
|Aeon Mall Ha Dong||Bus 19, 55, E04, E06. Get off at Duong Noi Elementary School, then walk for about 1 kilometer.|
|Aeon Mall Long Bien||Bus 40, 47B, 52B, 69, 98, 100, 106, 158, E01, E03. Get off at the Aeon Mall bus stop.|
2.2. Hanoi suburban bus tour
In addition to the city center, you can use public buses to visit some attractions in the outskirts of Hanoi, including:
- Perfume Pagoda: This famous Vietnamese pagoda offers picturesque landscapes and attracts many visitors during the Tet holiday.
- Vietnam Ethnic Village Of Culture & Tourism: This village helps you gain a deeper understanding of Vietnam's 54 ethnic groups with their unique cultural characteristics.
- Ba Vi National Park: This is a must-visit for nature enthusiasts, where you can camp and immerse yourself in the breathtaking natural scenery while enjoying the fresh air.
- Duong Lam Ancient Village: This is a tranquil ancient village, where you can find peace of mind and learn about the simple life of Vietnamese people.
- Bat Trang Pottery Village: Here, you can admire beautiful pottery works, visit a pottery museum, and even try your hand at making pottery.
Check out this Hanoi bus tour schedule to see how to get to these attractions by bus:
|Destination||Bus numbers and where to get off|
|Perfume Pagoda||Bus 103A. Get off at the Perfume Pagoda bus stop.|
|Vietnam Ethnic Village Of Culture & Tourism||Bus 107. The village is the final stop of this bus route.|
|Ba Vi National Park||Bus 110. Get off at the Ba Vi National Park bus stop.|
|Duong Lam Ancient Village||Bus 20B, 89, 157. Get off at Son Tay Bus Station and take a taxi or motorbike taxi to get there.|
|Bat Trang Pottery Village||Bus 47A. Get off at the Bat Trang bus stop and walk for 100 meters.|
Moreover, you can use Google Maps or "Tim Buyt" - a bus-finding mobile application for a clear Hanoi bus tour map and convenient navigation between destinations in Hanoi. Utilizing these apps helps you locate buses, suitable pick-up points, and stops for your journey.
3. Information about Hanoi hop-on hop-off bus tours
Opting for a hop-on hop-off bus tour offers a customizable travel adventure in Hanoi, giving you the flexibility to embark and disembark at your own pace. There are several hop-on hop-off Hanoi bus tour options with different durations.
3.1. One-round Hanoi City bus tour
The one-round Hanoi hop-on hop-off bus route provides a unique opportunity to explore over 20 renowned attractions in Hanoi within approximately 60 minutes. These attractions include Dong Kinh Nghia Thuc Square, Hoan Kiem Lake, Ly Thai To Statue, St. Joseph's Cathedral, Hanoi Flag Tower, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Quan Thanh Temple, Tran Quoc Pagoda, Cua Bac Church, Imperial Citadel of Thang Long, One Pillar Pagoda, Temple of Literature, Hoa Lo Prison, Vietnamese Women's Museum, Hanoi Opera House, Hanoi Post Office, and more.
Tours depart every 30 minutes from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, with tickets priced at 7 USD per person, valid for single use and excluding entrance fees to the attractions (if applicable). You can find the detailed Hanoi bus tour route map at the official website of the hop-on hop-off bus tour.
3.2. 4-hour Hanoi bus tour
The 4-hour hop-on hop-off Hanoi bus tour, available at 13 USD, provides an extended exploration experience. Similar to the 1-hour tour above, this tour allows you to discover more than 20 famous attractions in Hanoi. However, this package offers more flexibility. With the 4-hour Hanoi bus tour, you can disembark at any stop, thoroughly explore your favorite attractions, then catch another hop-on hop-off bus to continue your journey. In addition to the amenities offered in the one-round tour, this tour ticket includes extra benefits such as bus insurance, complimentary earphones, a water bottle, a traditional conical hat, and a raincoat, enhancing your trip even further.
3.3. 1-day Hanoi bus tour
The 1-day hop-on hop-off Hanoi bus tour ticket, priced at 20 USD, is valid for a full day of exploration. With this option, you can also get on or off at your own pace.
In addition to the aforementioned tourist attractions, after taking a Hanoi bus tour, don't miss out on VinKE & Vinpearl Aquarium Times City. Vinpearl Aquarium is one of the largest aquariums in Vietnam, housing over 30,000 marine creatures. Meanwhile, VinKE is an exciting edutainment center with various games for children and parents. Furthermore, there is VinWonders Hanoi - an impressive water park and wave park that offers a wide range of thrilling water activities.
Beyond Hanoi, during your visit to Vietnam, don't forget to explore Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Hoi An, and Ha Long. In these destinations, you can stay at Vinpearl’s exceptional hotels and resorts. The renowned hospitality brand of Vinpearl is present across Vietnam, ensuring top-notch accommodations and various amenities such as luxurious spas, inviting swimming pools, vibrant shopping centers, exquisite dining establishments, expansive entertainment complexes, and more.
To add even more excitement to your trip, explore the entertainment complexes of VinWonders, where you can engage in an unforgettable adventure through day-and-night festivals and thrilling games.
Taking a Hanoi bus tour is a fantastic way to soak in the beauty of Hanoi. With options catering to various preferences, These tours will make exploring this captivating city a breeze, so hop on board and let the adventure begin!