If you are planning a trip to Vietnam, one of the first things to consider is the cost of visa for Vietnam. This is a necessary aspect to sort out before making any travel arrangements. We will help you navigate the various fees and charges and other essential details about Vietnam visas, so you can plan your trip and budget accordingly.
1. Incurred fees based on ways of applying for a visa to Vietnam
The cost of visa for Vietnam varies for the three different methods of visa application:
1.1. Visa at the embassy
The cost of a Vietnamese visa may also vary depending on the type of visa, duration of stay, and other factors. Here are the necessary documents needed for a visa application at the embassy:
- An application form with photo attached
- An original passport
- A visa approval letter issued by the Immigration Department or the Consular Department of Vietnam
- A prepaid return envelope if requesting the visa to be returned by mail, including a self-addressed envelope with visa fees and other current fees (please be informed that there may be fees associated with visa approval arrangement, processing, shipping, handling, and expedite services.)
Foreigners visiting Vietnam have multiple visa options, one of which is the convenient e-visa for Vietnam. This type of visa provides a 30-day stay and can be obtained with just a few clicks online and only 25 USD in Vietnam e-visa fees. Nationals from 80 countries can easily apply for the Vietnam e-Visa.
1.3. Visa on arrival
Visa on arrival is a popular option for those traveling to Vietnam. Here are the various fees you need to be aware of when considering this option:
- Service fee: This fee is necessary to obtain the visa approval letter and varies based on the processing time and visa type.
- Vietnam visa stamping fees: This fee is paid in cash at Vietnamese airports to get your visa stamped. The cost of visa for Vietnam on arrival is USD 25 for a single entry visa and USD 50 for a multiple entry visa valid for up to 3 months.
- Vietnam tourist visa cost: The stamping fee ranges from USD 25 to USD 50, depending on the number of entries.
- Vietnam business visa cost: The stamping fee ranges from USD 25 to USD 130, depending on the number of entries.
2. The latest cost of visa for Vietnam
Here is the latest cost of visa for Vietnam:
|1||Single-entry visas||25 USD|
|3-month validity||50 USD|
|3-6 month validity||95 USD|
|6-12 month validity||135 USD|
|12-24 month validity||145 USD|
|2-5 year validity||155 USD|
|Visas issued for children under 14 (regardless of duration)||25 USD|
|3||Transferring a visa between passports (in case the passport has expired or run out of pages)||5 USD|
|4||Written visa exemption||10 USD|
|5||Temporary residence cards|
|2-year validity or less||145 USD|
|2-5 year validity||155 USD|
|5-10 year validity||165 USD|
|6||Extending temporary residence||10 USD|
|7||Issuing/re-issuing temporary residence cards||100 USD|
|8||Permitting entry to prohibited/border areas||10 USD|
|9||Transit visas for airway/seaway passengers visiting and touring Vietnam (per the Law on Immigration, Transit, and Residence of foreigners in Vietnam dated June 16, 2014)||5 USD|
|10||Visas for approved personnel visiting, touring, or transiting by sea who wish to travel inland under programs organized by international tourism enterprises in Vietnam or members of foreign military watercraft traveling under official operations that go beyond where the watercraft anchors||5 USD|
|11||Permitting immigration for foreigners residing permanently in Vietnam without passports||200,000 VND|
|12||Permitting individuals who have entered border economic zones via border laissez-passers to visit other places in the provinces||10 USD|
3. Important things to note regarding applying for a Vietnam visa
The cost of visa to Vietnam can vary depending on a number of factors, so it is important to do your research before applying. Here are some important things to note before applying for a visa:
- As Vietnam's diplomatic missions are not widespread, applicants should consider travel costs in addition to the cost of visa for Vietnam when applying for a visa directly in their country.
- The visa fees will be collected in Vietnamese dong (VND) or USD. If the fee is specified in USD, it can also be paid in VND by converting USD into VND using the current exchange rate. Payment can be made by transfer to the Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam.
- If the fee payer is ineligible for a passport, travel document, or AB stamp, the fee will be refunded. However, if they refuse to receive the results or are ineligible for visas and other papers related to entry and residence, the fee will not be refunded.
As you plan your trip to Vietnam, don't overlook this stunning country's many destinations like Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Hoi An, Da Nang, Ha Long, and beyond. They offer ample opportunities for nature and culture enthusiasts to explore the beautiful landscapes and landmarks of Vietnam, making your Vietnam travel experience unforgettable.
For a luxurious and relaxing vacation, consider staying at one of Vinpearl's hotels and resorts. With serene ambiance and sparkling infinity pools, you can unwind and recharge in a beautiful setting. Choose from spacious rooms or private villas and enjoy a truly unforgettable stay at Vinpearl:
- Vinpearl Phu Quoc
- Vinpearl Nha Trang
- Vinpearl Hoi An
- Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang
- Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long
The cost of visa for Vietnam is a pivotal factor that travelers need to prepare before visiting this beautiful country. With the information provided in this article, you are now equipped with the knowledge to apply for the most suitable visa option for your needs. Start planning your trip today and experience all that Vietnam has to offer!