Do Australians need a visa for Vietnam? The answer is yes. To ensure a hassle-free trip, it is advisable to research Vietnam visa requirements for Australian citizens and stay updated on the latest information. This article provides you with the requirements, application, and fees to get a Vietnam visa for Australians.
1. Do Australians need a visa for Vietnam?
Australians are required to have a valid visa prior to their arrival in Vietnam, whether for tourism, transit, or any other purposes. Vietnam visa requirements for Australian citizens include an Australian passport with a validity of at least 6 months beyond the arrival date and at least 2 blank visa pages.
Currently, there are various visa types available to Australians, such as tourist visas for sightseeing, business visas for conducting business activities, work visas for employment or internships, study visas for educational pursuits, and family visit visas for visiting relatives or friends in Vietnam.
2. Visa exemption policy for Australian citizens
Do Australians need a visa for Vietnam? Yes, but you can also apply for visa exemption which is also known as the 5-year visa. This visa is granted to Australian citizens if they have a relative sponsoring them. To obtain the 5-year visa, both the applicant (specifically the Australian citizen) and the sponsor in Vietnam must provide relevant documents proving their family relationship. Australian citizens are eligible for visa exemption in Vietnam if they meet the following conditions:
- The Australian citizen's passport or internationally recognized travel documents are valid for at least 1 year.
- They have a sponsoring relative (Vietnamese citizen), who can be their spouse, child, etc., and they need to provide supporting documents proving their relationship, such as marriage certificates or birth certificates.
- They do not fall under the cases of entry denial or departure postponement as stipulated in the Immigration Law regarding entry, exit, transit, and residence of foreigners in Vietnam.
Vietnamese Australian citizens residing in Australia may also be considered for the 5-year visa if they submit sufficient supporting documents such as birth certificates, identification cards, and passports when they were Vietnamese citizens, and they do not fall under the cases of entry denial or departure postponement according to Vietnamese law.
3. How do Australians obtain a visa to Vietnam?
Do Australians need a visa for Vietnam? Yes, and here are three ways to obtain a Vietnam visa for Australian passport holders:
- E-visa for Vietnam: The Vietnam e-visa for Australians is currently valid for a single entry and is limited to tourism and family visit purposes. The duration of stay is up to 30 days. You can apply independently through https://immigration.gov.vn/. Simply submit your documents online, pay the visa fee using a debit or credit card, and within 3 days, you will receive a code via email to print your visa.
- Visa at the embassy: This type of visa is applicable for all means of entry, including by sea, air, and land. It is also applicable to Australian citizens who come to Vietnam for the purposes of work, study, and business. To apply, visit the nearest Vietnamese embassy or consulate, submit all necessary printed materials, and expect your Vietnam visa to be processed in approximately 10-15 working days.
- Visa on arrival: This is suitable for those who want a multiple-entry visit or intend to stay in Vietnam for more than 30 days. This involves personally submitting all required documents to the Vietnamese embassy or consulate, obtaining a letter of approval, and presenting it at the Visa-on-Arrival counter upon arrival at Vietnamese airports.
4. Cost of Vietnam visa application for Australian citizens
The cost of an electronic Vietnam visa for Australians is approximately 25 USD, equivalent to 36.98 AUD. The visa fee for applications submitted at the embassy varies depending on the purpose of visit and the duration of stay. The fee is 25 USD (approximately 36.98 AUD) for a single entry visa for 1-3 months, and 50 USD (approximately 73.96 AUD) for a multiple entry visa for 1-3 months.
To enhance your Vietnam travel experience, make sure not to miss out on some captivating tourist destinations like Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Hoi An, Da Nang, Ha Long, and more. For the ultimate vacation, consider indulging in the luxurious accommodations provided by Vinpearl’s hotels and resorts.
- Vinpearl Phu Quoc
- Vinpearl Nha Trang
- Vinpearl Resort & Golf Nam Hoi An
- Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long
All the properties of Vinpearl ofer modern facilities, top-notch services, and breathtaking views of the natural surroundings. At Vinpearl, you can indulge in endless entertainment for a serene vacation.
Do Australians need a visa for Vietnam? Yes. However, the specific Vietnam visa requirements for Australian citizens may vary depending on the purpose and duration of the visit. It is advisable for Australians to confirm the latest visa regulations before planning their trip to ensure a smooth and hassle-free entry to Vietnam.