Welcome to the vibrant and bustling city of Hanoi, where history, culture, and modernity converge to create a unique travel experience. Whether you are a first-time visitor or a seasoned traveler, a Hanoi itinerary 4 days promises to be a memorable adventure. In this article, we will guide you through a comprehensive Hanoi travel itinerary that covers the must-visit sights, sounds, and tastes of the city in just 4 days.
1. Hanoi itinerary 4 days: Suggested things to do on the first day
On the first day of your Hanoi itinerary 4 days, get ready to dive into the rich history of the city.
- Start your day by visiting Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and surrounding attractions, which include Ba Dinh Square, Presidential Palace, Ho Chi Minh's Stilt House, and the iconic One Pillar Pagoda. Marvel at the impressive architecture and learn about the life and legacy of Vietnam's revolutionary leader.
- After immersing yourself in history, head to Hanoi Opera House to admire the stunning French colonial architecture. This iconic landmark not only is a symbol of Hanoi's cultural heritage, it also hosts a variety of performances and shows throughout the year.
- As the day winds down, take a peaceful sunset stroll around the picturesque Hoan Kiem Lake. This serene oasis in the heart of the city is a popular spot for locals and visitors alike, with its tranquil waters and charming bridges.
- End your first day of Hanoi itinerary 4 days with a culinary adventure in the bustling streets of Hanoi Old Quarter. Wander around and indulge in the delicious and diverse Hanoi street food. From the famous pho to the scrumptious banh mi, you are sure to satisfy your taste buds while exploring the vibrant culture of the city.
2. What to do in Hanoi for 4 days? – The second day of your travel
Here is our suggestion for the second day of your Hanoi itinerary 4 days:
- Begin your day with a visit to the Temple of Literature, Vietnam's first university, which dates back to the 11th century. This beautiful complex boasts stunning architecture and tranquil gardens, making it an ideal spot for a morning stroll.
- Next, head over to the Fine Arts Museum to immerse yourself in Vietnam's vibrant art scene. This museum houses an impressive collection of traditional and contemporary works of art, including paintings, sculptures, and ceramics.
- After admiring the art, take a short drive to West Lake and visit Tran Quoc Pagoda, the oldest pagoda in Hanoi, which dates back to the 6th century. This serene and peaceful complex is located on a small islet, providing a stunning backdrop for your visit.
- In the evening, soak up the lively ambiance of Hanoi's Ta Hien Street, also known as "Beer Street." This bustling area is packed with street vendors, bars, and restaurants, offering a wide range of local foods and drinks.
3. Top experiences for the third day of Hanoi 4-day itinerary
On the third day of your Hanoi itinerary 4 days, take a break from the city's bustling streets and explore some of its more peaceful and relaxing attractions.
- Begin your day with a visit to Thang Long Imperial Citadel, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that served as the political and cultural center of Vietnam for over a thousand years.
- After immersing yourself in history, head over to the Botanical Gardens Hanoi, a lush and tranquil oasis in the heart of the city.
- In the afternoon, head to VinKE & Vinpearl Aquarium Times City for some family-friendly fun. This modern entertainment complex offers a variety of exciting activities, including a state-of-the-art aquarium with over 300 species of marine life and a playground with many job simulation games for children. Relax and unwind in this fun and interactive space, perfect for visitors of all ages.
>>> Book tickets of VinKE & Vinpearl Aquarium in advance to enjoy all the fun!
4. Activities for the fourth day of Hanoi itinerary 4 days
On the fourth and final day of your Hanoi itinerary 4 days, take a trip out of the city to explore some nearby craft villages in the countryside.
- Bat Trang Pottery Village and Van Phuc Silk Village are two popular options, where you can witness traditional craft-making techniques and even try your hand at making your own pottery or silk products.
- After a morning of exploring these fascinating villages, head back into the city for some shopping at Hanoi's famous markets. Dong Xuan Market is one of the largest and oldest markets in Hanoi, offering a wide range of goods, including clothing, souvenirs, and local foods.
It is worth noting that Dong Xuan Market also hosts a bustling night market. This is a great option for those who want to experience the lively atmosphere of Hanoi's night markets and get some last-minute shopping done before departing the city.
Besides, tourists can go shopping at Hom Market, known for its selection of traditional Vietnamese clothing, accessories, and textiles.
There are a plethora of captivating destinations in Vietnam, extending far beyond the bustling city of Hanoi. Phu Quoc is a tropical oasis, while the beaches of Nha Trang are a breathtaking spectacle. The quaint and charming ancient town of Hoi An offers a distinct cultural experience, while the lively city of Da Nang boasts its own set of attractions. Additionally, the natural wonder of Ha Long provides a mesmerizing and unforgettable journey for travelers.
If you are searching for a place to stay during your travels, it is worth considering Vinpearl, a pre-eminent hotel and resort chain in Vietnam. Vinpearl offers a variety of upscale lodging options and excellent facilities such as private beaches, spas, swimming pools, fine-dining restaurants, and many more. Whether you are in the mood for a peaceful retreat by the beach or an action-packed journey, Vinpearl is an excellent choice for those looking to explore the country's many exciting destinations.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Nha Trang, Vinpearl Hoi An, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long for a comfortable and luxurious base to enhance your Vietnam adventure!
Hanoi itinerary 4 days is a perfect way to experience the city's rich history and culture. From the bustling streets of the Old Quarter to the tranquil pagodas and temples, Hanoi offers a unique blend of old and new that is both fascinating and exciting. Whether you want to explore the craft villages, relax at the botanical gardens, or shop at the famous markets, there is no shortage of things to do and see in Hanoi.
>>> Book tickets of VinKE & Vinpearl Aquarium for a day full of laughter during your Hanoi trip!
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Nha Trang, Vinpearl Hoi An, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long for luxurious accommodations and exceptional amenities!
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Hoi An, Da Nang to experience the best of Vietnam's diverse destinations!