This article covers every must-know detail to make your trip from Nha Trang to Da Nang a breeze. Whether you opt for trains, flights, or buses, the travel routes between these 2 tourist hubs never fail to enchant you with lovely stretches of coastline, dramatic mountains, and beautiful rural landscapes. Read all these useful tips to make the most of your upcoming journey!
1. How to get from Nha Trang to Da Nang?
1.1. Traveling from Nha Trang to Da Nang by train
Traveling from Nha Trang to Da Nang by train is a popular and attractive option for those who want to take in lovely views of the coastline and countryside. The railway from Nha Trang station to Da Nang station stretches for about 524 kilometers.
There are six trains on this route each day, namely SE2, SE4, SE6, SE8, SE10, and SE22, which belong to the Reunification Express Train. They depart daily and take approximately 9 to 10 hours for a Nha Trang to Da Nang itinerary or return. Remember to take notice of the rail timetable in order not to miss your train from Nha Trang to Da Nang.
The train has several types of seats from which passengers can choose, depending on their preferences. The fare of an adult’s ticket for the Nha Trang to Da Nang train ranges between 275,000 VND and 1,185,000 VND.
1.2. Traveling from Nha Trang to Da Nang by plane
Going on a Nha Trang to Da Nang journey by airplane is no doubt the first choice for passengers who want to save time and enjoy a hassle-free trip. Nha Trang to Da Nang flights take off at Cam Ranh International Airport, with the most popular airlines for this route being VietJet Air, Bamboo Airways, Vietnam Airlines, Vietravel Airlines, and A.P.G. Distribution System.
A nonstop flight from Nha Trang to Da Nang, with a flying distance of 460 kilometers, usually lasts for an hour and 5 minutes or slightly longer. If you opt for a transit flight, it may take up to 3 hours before you land in Da Nang. An airplane ticket for the trip between these two coastal cities typically costs from 770,000 VND to 1,233,000 VND, but it can be quite expensive on festive occasions.
>>> Explore the top list of things to do in Da Nang
1.3. Traveling from Nha Trang to Da Nang by bus
A journey by bus from Nha Trang to Da Nang is a well-liked and budget-friendly alternative if you wish to save money while enjoying a variety of delightful scenery in the country. Nha Trang to Da Nang bus service is provided by lots of transportation companies from which passengers can choose, including Quang Hanh, Cuc Tung, Ha Linh, Lien Hung, Phuong Nam Express, etc.
With a road distance of more than 500 kilometers, it takes 9 to 11 hours to travel by bus from Nha Trang to Da Nang, depending on traffic. Prices for a bus ticket on this route range from 230,000 VND to 350,000 VND.
2. A short guide to Da Nang travel for first-time visitors
2.1. When is the best time to visit Da Nang Vietnam?
Da Nang is a dynamic tourist hub that mesmerizes visitors with loads of exhilarating experiences. You can visit this worth-living city all year round, as Da Nang weather is quite pleasant in both the dry season and the rainy season. Therefore, the most appropriate time to travel is based on your personal preference.
But if you want to explore Da Nang to the fullest, it is heartily recommended that you come here from April to August. These months have lower rainfall and longer hours of sunshine, making them ideal for sightseeing and outdoor activities. It is summer at this time, which is also the peak holiday season in Da Nang, but the weather is not too hot.
For those who seek budget-friendly travel, the ideal time is from September to March, especially between January and March when the wet season ends. This period is the wet season with fewer visitors, therefore, hotel rooms and hospitality services offer many good deals to attract customers.
2.2. TOP must-visit attractions in Da Nang
- Son Tra Peninsula: Son Tra Peninsula, dubbed the “green lung of Da Nang Cty”, is a natural reserve filled with magnificent beaches, thick rainforests, beautiful mountains, and rare animals. Some of the most famous locations on the Son Tra Peninsula that cannot be missed include Ban Co Peak, Linh Ung Pagoda, Tien Sa Beach, Nghe Cape, etc.
- Dragon Bridge: Officially inaugurated in 2013, Dragon Bridge is acknowledged as the symbol of a modern, thriving and successful Da Nang. Here, you have the chance to not only take in the glorious scenery of the Han River but also admire the superb water and fire performances.
- Da Nang Cathedral: A notable feature of the church’s architecture is its classic Gothic style, which is typical of Western religious buildings. Although Da Nang Cathedral was erected 100 years ago, its enduring architectural beauty still remains untouched by time.
- Marble Mountains: Made up of six marble and limestone mountains, this special attraction is particularly sought-after among both local and international travelers. All 6 mountains are named after the concept of yin, yang and 5 elements in traditional Eastern culture.
- Hai Van Pass: Hai Van Pass takes travelers through sharply curving paths along the mountainsides of the Bach Ma Range and part of the legendary Truong Son Range. Standing on the pass and admiring majestic mountain ranges on one side while overlooking the deep blue sea in the distance is truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience for any traveler!
>>> Remember to try Da Nang food after finishing your Nha Trang to Da Nang journey
2.3. Where to stay in Da Nang Vietnam?
After your long journey from Nha Trang to Da Nang, it is essential that you have comfortable accommodations to refresh yourself before exploring this worth-living city.
As a big tourist spot in Central Vietnam, Da Nang has numerous hostels, hotels, and resorts to meet the varied demands of holidaymakers. Among them, Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang is a strongly suggested place to stay due to its first-rate facilities and services.
Located right by the charming Non Nuoc Beach, the seaside resort looks like an oasis of peace with over 100 neoclassical-style villas blending well into the surrounding greenery. From this place, it is fairly convenient to move to many famous destinations, such as the Marble Mountains, Hoi An Ancient Town, VinWonders Nam Hoi An amusement park, Vinpearl Golf Nam Hoi An golf course, etc.
>>> Book rooms at Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang to have a perfect stay in this alluring coastal city!
Hopefully, the three mentioned ways to travel from Nha Trang to Da Nang will assist vacationers in selecting the best mode of transportation to explore this route. Pack your bags and embark upon a memorable trip in Central Vietnam! Da Nang’s natural beauty and vibrant rhythms will definitely go far beyond your expectations.
>>> Don’t forget to book rooms at Vinpearl Resort & Spa Da Nang right now to enjoy a pleasant stay!
>>> Book voucher, combo, tour to Da Nang in advance to pick up the best-ever bargains!