The journey from Phu Quoc to Hanoi is a very common trip for tourists due to the popularity of these two Vietnam travel destinations. This journey will cover a great distance as Hanoi and Phu Quoc are located at opposite ends of the country. Fortunately, there are plenty of options for travelers to choose from.
1. The best way to travel from Phu Quoc to Hanoi
The Phu Quoc to Hanoi distance is about 1,800 kilometers, virtually a journey across Vietnam. Therefore, most travelers will opt for flights thanks to the convenience they offer. However, finding the perfect flight is no easy feat, so here is some essential information to assist you in booking the best trip from Phu Quoc to Vietnam’s capital.
1.1. Information about Phu Quoc to Hanoi flights
- Flight time
The average Phu Quoc to Hanoi flight time is around 2 hours and 10 minutes. Nonetheless, this is merely an estimation and the actual Phu Quoc to Hanoi schedule will vary depending on flight schedules, weather conditions, and many other factors.
- Departure airport
Phu Quoc International Airport (PQC) is located in Duong To commune, Phu Quoc city, Kien Giang province. This airport includes a single terminal for both departures and arrivals, so make sure to arrive and check in early. While waiting for the flight, tourists can visit duty-free shops, cafes, and restaurants to relax.
- Arrival airport
The flight will land at Noi Bai International Airport (HAN) in Phu Minh commune, Soc Son district, Hanoi. As one of the two biggest airports in Vietnam, it is equipped with many amenities to ensure the best travel experiences. There are two terminals: T1 for domestic flights and T2 for international flights.
1.2. Average airfare of Phu Quoc to Hanoi flights
Some airlines that provide Phu Quoc to Hanoi flights are Bamboo Airways, Vietnam Airlines, and Vietjet Air. Each of them has certain pros and cons and you should base your decision on your preferences and budgets.
Vietnam Airlines is the national carrier of Vietnam. With great service and professional staff, they have maintained a long-standing trust from many travelers, both local and international. Bamboo Airways, on the other hand, have recently emerged as a front-runner in Vietnam’s air travel scene. They offer more affordable prices while still providing customers with excellent service.
Lastly, if you are working with a budget, Vietjet Air can always be a safe option. Despite the lower price tag, this airline does not sacrifice their quality. Instead, it helps them cater to a wider customer base with varying budgets and preferences.
Of all the months in the year, September has the cheapest average airfare. Before booking your flights, make sure to do some research to know exactly what you need to prepare. Refer to this table for the average airfare of each airline:
|Bamboo Airways||78 USD|
|Vietnam Airlines||100 USD|
|Vietjet Air||45 USD|
Note that this table is for reference purposes only. The prices can change on a daily basis. Make sure to carefully research and compare before booking your tickets.
1.3. Tips for booking cheap Phu Quoc to Hanoi flights
You may wonder what you need to do to single out the most affordable flight of all the options you have. Here are some tips:
- Do some research: This is a given, but you will be surprised how many cheap flights are available.
- Have a flexible schedule: Plan your itinerary ahead so you can accommodate the perfect flight without any hindrance.
- Compare prices using websites: Once you have decided on the airline and schedule, use travel websites and apps to compare their prices and see the best option.
- Set up alerts: Set notifications or subscribe to newsletters to know about discounts and promotions.
>>> Check out the comprehensive guide on how to travel in Vietnam!
2. Alternative ways to get from Phu Quoc to Hanoi
Going straight to Hanoi from Phu Quoc by plane will save you a lot of time. However, you may not be able to find a suitable flight. In that case, you may go from Phu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh City, then continue your journey to Hanoi from there.
2.1. Phu Quoc to Hanoi via Ho Chi Minh City
- By plane: Your destination will be Ho Chi Minh City Airport, which is the other prominent airport in the country. As the distance is about half of the journey to Hanoi, so is the airfare.
- By ferry: If you want to admire the scenery while traveling, going by ferry is a good shout. However, it will only take you to Rach Gia or Ha Tien. Then, you will need to take a bus to Ho Chi Minh City.
2.2. Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi
The next part of the journey is going from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi. Since these are the two most significant cities in the country, there are loads of transportation options for you.
- By plane: Flights from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi are plenty and they will take about 2 hours.
- By train: This option is not for you if you are dealing with time constraints. A train ride from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi will take 31 hours. However, you will be treated to a plethora of views across the country.
- By bus: For a budget-friendly trip, the bus is your best bet. They may not offer the same comfort as a flight or train ride, but you can see many locations along the way. You will need to set aside from 31 to 38 hours for a bus trip, however.
>>> Consider all Vietnamese transport options to find the most comfortable way to get around the country!
Before your trip from Phu Quoc to Hanoi, be sure to plan ahead and decide which attractions you will pay a visit to. Vietnam’s capital has many places to see, including Hanoi Old Quarter, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Presidential Palace, Temple of Literature, One Pillar Pagoda, Ta Hien Street, Dong Xuan Market, Hanoi Opera House, Hoan Kiem Lake, etc.
If you want to find something more unique in Hanoi, check out VinKE & Vinpearl Aquarium Times City and VinWonders Hanoi. VinKE & Vinpearl Aquarium brings many modern games and a beautiful aquarium in the heart of the capital. Meanwhile, VinWonders Hanoi stuns visitors with two incredible water parks that offer a plethora of activities for some fun in the sun.
After you enjoy Hanoi and Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Hoi An, and Ha Long will be the next go-to stops in your Vietnamese exploration. In these destinations, it is recommended that you book your accommodation at Vinpearl’s hotels and resorts and immerse yourself in a one-of-a-kind experience at the entertainment complexes of VinWonders. The professional staff and state-of-the-art facilities at Vinpearl and VinWonders will give you the best trip in the country.
Going from Phu Quoc to Hanoi is a long journey that takes you across the country and requires considerable preparation. Fortunately, Vietnam offers many transportation options for travelers, ranging from flights to scenic train, bus, and ferry rides. Make sure to weigh your options carefully and plan ahead to give yourself the most comfortable trip to Vietnam’s capital city.