Hanoi nightlife has long been acclaimed as one of the city’s greatest appeals. Night market Hanoi is the best place where travelers can feel the joyous vibe of the city when the sun has set. This article lists the 8 best night markets in Hanoi that shopping addicts should not forget to visit during their Hanoi travel journey.
1. Night Market Hanoi Old Quarter
- Address: Hang Dao Street, Hanoi Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem District
- Opening hours: 06:00 PM - 12:00 AM from Friday to Sunday
Hanoi weekend night market in Hanoi Old Quarter is the best known night market in Hanoi.
Where is this Hanoi Old Quarter night market? It is located on a 3-kilometer-long street that stretches from Hang Dao Street to Dong Xuan Market. It is the busiest shopping place at night in Hanoi with hundreds of stalls.
In addition to being a delight for travelers looking forward to window shopping, The Old Quarter night market is also a photographer's favorite place thanks to the colorful lights that illuminate the streets.
Here, diverse Hanoi night market dishes will undoubtedly entice your taste buds. You can also buy a broad variety of gifts and souvenirs.
2. Nha Xanh Night Market Hanoi
- Address: Phan Van Truong Street, Cau Giay District
- Opening hours: 07:00 AM - 12:00 AM every day
Located close to many big universities, Nha Xanh Night Market is the shopping paradise for students in Hanoi. It opens from morning until midnight every day.
What to buy in this Hanoi night market? Since the main customers are students, the diverse goods here are affordably priced. However, you may need to bargain to get the best deals, as there are no price tags.
Nha Xanh Night Market is also a top place for foodies, with many eateries that sell toothsome street food and snacks.
3. Quang Ba Flower Night Market
- Address: 236 Au Co Street, Tay Ho District
- Opening hours: 11:00 PM - 6:00 AM every day. During holidays, it opens at 9:00 PM
If you are fond of flowers, Quang Ba Flower Market is absolutely a must-visit night market Hanoi. It is also a top place to enjoy the vibrant Vietnam nightlife Hanoi.
This market is one of the biggest flower markets in Northern Vietnam. It opens when most people in Hanoi have gone to sleep. The flowers here come from nearby flower villages and many other regions in Vietnam, as well as from other countries.
Here, you will have a chance to buy the freshest blooms at very reasonable prices. You can also see the life of the working locals, who make their living at night.
You may also like:
- Nightlife in Vietnam: 10+ MOST vibrant places for gathering and more
- Flowers of Vietnam: Explore the blooming seasons through 12 months
- Turtle Tower Hanoi: Explore the symbol of spiritual tourism in the city
4. Phung Khoang Night Market
- Address: Phung Khoang, Van Quan, Nam Tu Liem District
- Opening hours: 5:30 PM - 11:00 PM every day
Phung Khoang Night Market is the favorite shopping place of the locals in Nam Tu Liem and Ha Dong Districts. The market is famous for its wide variety of goods and fair prices.
The main customers of this night market Hanoi are also students from nearby universities and colleges. Here, the goods are divided into two types: those with fixed prices and those susceptible to bargain. Depending on your bargaining skills, you can get some items at only half the initial price that the seller wants.
In addition to being a shopping center for students, Phung Khoang Night Market is also known as an ideal place to enjoy street food in Hanoi. You can easily find eateries along both sides of the pathway here.
5. Linh Nam Market - One of the best night markets in Hanoi
- Address: Linh Nam Street, Hoang Mai District
- Opening hours: 07:00 PM - 01:00 AM every day
Similar to Nha Xanh Market, this night market Hanoi is also a shopping place for students and people with average income, as the goods are at low prices.
During the day, the market sells vegetables and fruits of all kinds. When the night lights are on, Linh Nam Market becomes crowded with buyers and sellers trading clothes, shoes, and cosmetics, which only cost between 50,000 and 500,000 VND.
Notably, in Linh Nam night market Hanoi, there are nice and affordable hotpot shops. After shopping around, stop by a shop here and warm up your bellies with a scrumptious hotpot.
6. Long Bien Night Market Hanoi
- Address: Hong Ha Street (under Long Bien Bridge), Hoan Kiem District
- Opening hours: 10:00 PM - 6:00 AM every day
Situated near Long Bien Bridge, this is the liveliest food market in Hanoi. At around 10 PM every night, trucks filled with various kinds of goods gather under the bridge, and people start their night-long trading activities.
Here, the goods come from different parts of the country and the main buyers are small vendors who come to stock their items for the day. Long Bien Night Market also offers fruits and vegetables at very low prices.
It will be a great experience to enjoy the bustling and lively vibe of the local traders at this night market. Additionally, do not forget to stop by the night market Hanoi food stalls here to have a delicious bowl of “pho” to kick-start your new day.
You may also like:
- Vietnam Military History Museum: A notable historical relic in Hanoi
- Ba Vi National Park Hanoi: A not-to-be-missed location for nature lovers
- Hoan Kiem Lake Walking Street: A popular spot for fun-filled weekends
7. Dich Vong Night Market Hanoi
- Address: Xuan Thuy - Pham Hung - Cau Giay street intersection, Cau Giay District.
- Opening hours: 05:00 PM - 11:00 PM every day
Nestled in the vibrant surroundings of numerous universities in Hanoi, Dich Vong night market emerges as a bustling hub of excitement and affordable treasures. As twilight descends, this enchanting market springs to life, inviting visitors to immerse themselves in a sensory feast. From mouthwatering street food delicacies to trendy fashion finds and quirky trinkets, Dich Vong night market presents an array of irresistible offerings. As the evening unfolds, the vibrant atmosphere, the mingling of students and locals, and the tantalizing aromas that waft through the air create an electrifying ambiance.
8. Vietnam Agriculture University Night Market
- Address: Vietnam Agriculture University, Trau Quy Town, Gia Lam District.
- Opening hours: 07:00 PM - 11:00 PM every day
Located quite far from the city center of Hanoi, Vietnam Agriculture University night market opens its doors throughout the dawn until 11:00 PM. True to its name, the market primarily caters to students as its main customer base. This night market Hanoi is renowned for its affordable fashion items, including clothing, shoes, and bags. Additionally, visitors can also enjoy a variety of inexpensive delicacies such as Vietnamese pancake, baked goods, Korean cuisine, and more.
Night market Hanoi is one of the best places to experience the dynamic life of the locals. In addition, do not forget to relax and chill out in the city. If you are still wondering where to have a fantastic outing in Hanoi, consider VinKE & Vinpearl Aquarium at Vincom Mega Mall Times City. The aquarium is one of Vietnam’s most modern ones for you to explore the underwater world. Meanwhile, VinKE offers numerous inspiring indoor games for your family and children to enjoy.
>>> Book tickets of VinKE & Vinpearl Aquarium to have a fantastic outing in Hanoi
For an easy and convenient way to explore Hanoi night markets and other city destinations, taking a taxi is highly recommended. XANH SM Taxi offers an excellent solution with its standard and luxury taxi services.
XANH SM Taxi - the first electric taxi company in Vietnam, operated entirely with VinFast electric cars. Customers who travel by XANH SM taxi not only receive an excellent standard of service, but they also join XANH SM in its efforts to reduce vehicle emissions and safeguard the environment. XANH SM provides standard and luxury taxi service, airport taxi, with attractive promotions. Customers can easily book a taxi in 04 ways:
(1) Call the national hotline 1900 2088
(2) Wave on the street like a traditional taxi
(3) Book on the Taxi Xanh SM app. Click HERE to download the app
(4) Use the beVinFast service on the multi-service customer platform BE to book Xanh SM taxi
Apart from the capital city, Vietnam has many other famous destinations, such as Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Hoi An, Da Nang, to name a few. Each place holds a distinctive appeal, so try not to miss any when traveling to this S-shaped country! No matter where you go, it is essential to have a detailed travel plan in advance. While you are in these destinations, consider spending your nights at Vinpearl, the leading accommodation brand with a system of luxury hotels and resorts in most touristy cities in Vietnam.
Night market Hanoi is the best destination to feel the dynamic vibe of Hanoi nightlife. Not only is it a shopping center with various kinds of goods and street foods, the night market also gives a better view of what the night of the locals looks like. The enjoyable experiences will definitely be worth your time and effort.