As you plan your Vietnam travel, an essential concern to address is the Vietnam visa application form. Successfully getting a Vietnam visa will ensure a smooth entry and allow you to explore the rich tapestry of landscapes, culture, and history that Vietnam has to offer.
1. The official Vietnam visa application form on paper
The Vietnam visa application form (Form NA1), issued by the Immigration Department of Vietnam, serves as the application form for foreign nationals seeking a Vietnam visa according to Vietnam entry requirements.
1.1. How to fill out the Vietnam visa application form?
Travelers can easily get the form by searching for the Vietnam visa application form (.pdf format) on the internet. Below are the details that you will need to fill in the visa application form Vietnam.
- Full name (in capital letters): Provide your complete name as stated in your passport.
- Gender: Place a tick (✔) beside the appropriate box.
- Date of birth: Provide your date of birth as stated in your passport.
- Place of birth: Provide your place of birth as stated in your passport.
- Nationality at birth: Provide your nationality at the time of birth.
- Current nationality: Provide your current nationality as stated in your passport.
- Religion: Provide your current religion. Leave it blank if you don't follow any particular religion.
- Occupation: Provide your current occupation or job title.
- Employer and business address: Provide the name and address of your workplace or educational institution (if applicable).
- Permanent residential address: Provide the current residential address in your home country.
- Telephone/Email: Provide a phone number and email address.
- Family members: Provide the information about your family (father, mother, and children) or any relative currently residing in your home country. This information is crucial for emergency contact purposes and does not include individuals traveling with you on this trip.
- Passport or International Travel Document (number, type, issuing authority, and expiry date): Enter the information regarding your passport as stated in your passport.
- Date of the previous entry into Vietnam (if any): If you have visited Vietnam before, provide the date of your previous entry (dd/mm/yyyy). Leave this section blank if this is your first time visiting Vietnam.
- Intended date of entry: Provide the intended date of entry into Vietnam in dd/mm/yyyy format.
- Intended length of stay in Vietnam (days): Provide the intended duration of your stay.
- Purpose of entry: Provide the purpose of your visit as stated in your visa approval letter, whether it's for tourism or business purposes.
- Intended temporary residential address in Vietnam: Provide the address of the hotel or place where you intend to stay during your time in Vietnam.
- Hosting organization/individual in Vietnam (if any): Provide the name and address of the organization or individual who will be hosting you during your stay in Vietnam. If you do not have a hosting arrangement, simply write "NONE" in this section of the visa application form for Vietnam.
- Accompanying child(ren) under 14 years old included in your passport (if any): If your children are listed on your passport and do not have their own passports, provide their photos and information in this section. If they have their own passports, they need to complete a separate form.
- Applying for a visa: Specify the type of visa you are applying for (single or multiple entries) and the desired duration of your stay in Vietnam.
- Other requests (if any): If you have any additional requests or special requirements, you can mention them here.
1.2. Which documents to attach to the Vietnam visa application form?
Together with the Vietnam visa application form, you should bring the following documents with you:
- Two 4x6cm passport photos on a white background
- A valid passport
- A hard copy of your visa approval letter if you plan to obtain a visa on arrival
1.3. Where to submit the Vietnam visa application form?
Traditionally, you should submit the Vietnam visa application form, along with other documents required for Vietnam visa, at the Vietnamese diplomatic mission in your country or a country with the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate.
In case you apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival, upon arrival at Vietnam airports, submit the above-mentioned documents at the visa-on-arrival counter to have the visa stamped in your passport.
>>> Read more: How to get a Vietnamese visa: A detailed guide & useful tips
2. Guide to completing the Vietnam e-Visa application form
In addition to traditional visas and visas on arrival, the Vietnamese Immigration Department also offers electronic visas (e-Visas) to foreigners through an efficient electronic system, granting a single-entry validity of up to 30 days. You can submit a Vietnam e-visa application form directly on the official website of the Immigration Department, or seek assistance from a visa service provider or your agency. According to Vietnam visa details, an e-Visa for Vietnam is accessible to citizens of 80 countries, sparing them the hassle of submitting a traditional Vietnam visa application form.
2.1. How to fill out the Vietnam e-Visa application form?
To complete your Vietnam visa application form online, you should:
- Visit the official website of the Immigration Department: evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/trang-chu-ttdt
- Upload your passport photo and photos of its data page (in .jpg format)
- Fill in all the necessary details from your passport data page
- Provide the required information about your trip
- Pay the e-Visa fee
- Receive your registration code and keep it saved for future use
2.2. What to do after submitting the Vietnam e-Visa application form?
After successfully submitting the Vietnam visa application form online, you will need to wait for three working days for the visa to be processed. You can also check your visa application status on the official website of the Immigration Department. To get your approved e-visa, enter your registration code, email, and date of birth to access and download it (in .pdf format). Remember to print two copies of your e-Visa for safekeeping while traveling.
If your visa is still unavailable after three working days, reach out to the support section on the official website of the Immigration Department. With your e-Visa, you will gain entry to Vietnam via any of the 28 international checkpoints. When you arrive, present your passport and the printed e-Visa at the immigration counter for a smooth and convenient entry.
>>> Check out the cost of visa for Vietnam!
Vietnam stands as a captivating gem worth exploring in Southeast Asia. Its pristine landscapes, rich history, and warm hospitality make it an inviting destination for Asia travel enthusiasts. Besides getting a visa, you should also check out the best time to visit Vietnam to ensure a pleasant journey.
Vietnam has a lot of joyful things to offer. You can immerse yourself in the bustling energy of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, unwind on the serene beaches of Phu Quoc and Nha Trang, discover the charm of Hoi An Ancient Town and Da Nang, and embark on an unforgettable cruise through the breathtaking Ha Long Bay.
Boasting a collection of luxurious hotels and resorts set amidst stunning surroundings, Vinpearl stands as an exceptional choice for accommodation in Vietnam. With impeccable hospitality and top-tier facilities, Vinpearl ensures a truly indulgent stay. Moreover, don't miss out on the thrill of VinWonders, a system of incredible parks filled with captivating games and activities, ensuring a memorable and exciting experience for visitors of all ages.
Submitting a Vietnam visa application form is a vital part of your travel preparations. By accurately filling out the form and fulfilling the necessary steps, you can ensure a seamless visa acquisition process, allowing you to focus on the enriching experiences that await you in Vietnam.