Your Hanoi travel journey would be incomplete without trying the authentic and flavorful Vietnamese food. Embarking on a gastronomic journey through the city is an awe-inspiring experience, as Hanoi stands tall among the top gastronomic destinations in Vietnam. Below is a list of the top 30 best places to eat in Hanoi!
1. Pho 49 Bat Dan – one of the best places to eat in Hanoi
- Address: 49 Bat Dan Street, Hoan Kiem District
- Opening hours: 6 am - 10 am | 6 pm - 8.30 pm
When it comes to enjoying a bowl of pho in Hanoi, one simply cannot overlook the century-old treasure nestled at 49 Bat Dan Street as one of the best places to eat in Hanoi. This renowned establishment, featured among must eat restaurants in Hanoi, captures the attention of both locals and tourists alike. Pho 49 Bat Dan tantalizes taste buds with its irresistible flavors, accompanied by perfectly textured noodles and tender beef, creating an unforgettable experience that lingers in the hearts of diners for a lifetime.
2. Hang Bo herbal chicken noodle soup
- Address: 24 Hang Bo Street, Hoan Kiem District
- Opening hours: 5.30 pm - 11.30 pm
When winter comes, there is nothing quite as comforting as a steaming bowl of herbal chicken noodle soup. Hang Bo herbal chicken noodle soup, a renowned gem among Hanoi's bustling nightlife eateries, is consistently brimming with patrons. The succulent and tender chicken, complemented by a subtle hint of bitter wormwood, blends harmoniously with the flavorful broth, evoking an irresistible sensation that keeps one coming back for more.
3. Dao Duy Tu rice with pork rib
- Address: 47 Dao Duy Tu Street, Hoan Kiem District
- Opening hours: 10 am - 10.30 pm
Nestled amidst the bustling Old Quarter, Dao Duy Tu rice with pork rib allures not only locals but also tourists with its irresistible charm. This delightful Hanoi lunch spot distinguishes itself through its unique culinary offering - grilled ribs prepared over a charcoal stove, as opposed to industrial water ovens. It is this distinctive touch that imbues the dish with a one-of-a-kind flavor, preserving the authentic essence that only a charcoal stove can deliver.
4. Bo To Quan Moc – a famous place to eat in Hanoi
- Address: Bo To Quan Moc restaurants around Hanoi
- Opening hours: 10 am - 11.30 pm
Bo To Quan Moc stands out as one of the best restaurants in Hanoi, selected by families seeking weekend gatherings, thanks to its extensive network of restaurants strategically located along the bustling and vibrant streets of the city.
The restaurant's ambiance is adorned in a timeless and classic style, enveloping diners with a sense of intimacy and familiarity. With an extensive menu boasting a remarkable selection of 40 diverse and enticing dishes, including grilled ribs, lemongrass beef, and stir-fried beef, this delightful Hanoi eatery guarantees an irresistible culinary adventure that is sure to please even the most discerning palate.
5. Huong Mai Pho roll – among the best places to eat in Hanoi
- Address: Huong Mai Pho roll restaurants around Hanoi
- Opening hours: 9 am - 9.30 pm
For an authentic taste of Hanoi's culinary delights, Huong Mai Pho roll stands as a top-notch option. With its rich history and commitment to preserving traditional flavors, this beloved establishment has earned its reputation as one of the best places to eat in Hanoi among locals and visitors alike.
While renowned for its exceptional Pho rolls, Huong Mai goes above and beyond by offering a diverse array of other dishes, including stir-fried Pho noodles with beef, fried Pho noodles, and coconut jelly, catering to the diverse preferences of discerning patrons.
6. Bun dau mam tom 235B Thuy Khue
- Address: 235B Thuy Khue Street, Tay Ho District
- Opening hours: 9 am - 9.30 pm
Bun dau mam tom is the best food in Hanoi for those who crave an explosion of bold flavors, as this dish combines crispy tofu, fresh herbs, and a pungent fermented shrimp paste known as mam tom. Coming to Bun dau mam tom 235B Thuy Khue, customers will be delighted with not only delectable food but also amazing service, leaving lasting memories.
7. Fried fermented spring rolls 36 Tam Thuong
- Address: 36 Tam Thuong Alley, Hoan Kiem District
- Opening hours: 8 am - 11 pm
Nestled within Tam Thuong Alley, the fried fermented spring rolls at this eatery have captured the hearts of countless young individuals, making it one of the best places to eat in Hanoi. These delectable spring rolls boast a crispy golden exterior, enveloping a perfectly tender and flavorful filling that tantalizes the taste buds.
Moreover, this delightful Hanoi establishment goes beyond just fermented spring rolls, offering an array of equally enticing other dishes such as cheese sticks, fermented spring rolls with cheese, and grilled fermented spring rolls.
8. Where to eat in Hanoi Old Quarter? – Pho 10 Ly Quoc Su
- Address: 10 Ly Quoc Su Street, Hoan Kiem District
- Opening hours: 6 am - 10 pm
With its extensive network of branches situated along prominent streets in Hanoi, Pho 10 Ly Quoc Su has established itself as a beloved and well-known dining destination among locals and visitors alike. Indulging in a humble yet satisfying bowl of pho, characterized by its fragrant broth and traditional flavors, guarantees an unforgettable culinary journey for diners.
Furthermore, the restaurant provides a spacious and clean environment, making it ideal for groups of tourists to savor their meals. It is no wonder that Pho 10 Ly Quoc Su is hailed by many travelers as one of the best places to eat in Hanoi Old Quarter, offering a delightful experience that should not be missed.
9. Ba Duc chicken combo noodle soup
- Address: 48 Cau Go Street, Hoan Kiem District
- Opening hours: 6 pm - 10 pm
When seeking to indulge in the delightful simplicity of Hanoi’s chicken combo noodle soup, many individuals turn to the revered establishment known as Ba Duc. This Hanoi eatery has garnered a reputation for its exceptional rendition of this frugal dish. The food quality at Ba Duc is consistently praised, owing to their meticulous preparation methods, resulting in a rich broth and an assortment of ingredients including shrimp, sliced eggs, and shredded chicken. Every element is harmoniously mixed in each spoonful, satisfying even the most discerning palates and ensuring an unforgettable dining experience.
10. La Vong fish cake – one of the best places to eat in Hanoi
- La Vong Fish Cake, 14 Cha Ca Street, Hoan Kiem District
- Vua Cha Ca restaurant chain
- Opening hours: Depends on each restaurant
La Vong fish cake, also known as turmeric fish, is the best food to eat in Hanoi for those seeking a tantalizing blend of flavors and a unique culinary experience rooted in tradition. This dish highlights the use of turmeric-marinated fried fish, accompanied by sautéed scallions and dill, alongside a serving of rice vermicelli, chopped peanuts, and delectable dipping sauce.
11. Ba Hoanh steamed rice roll
- Address: 66 To Hien Thanh Street, Hoan Kiem District
- Opening hours: 6 am - 10 pm
With a history spanning almost a century, Ba Hoanh steamed rice roll continues to capture the hearts of numerous diners, cherished for its timeless and unwaveringly delightful flavor. The Vietnamese steamed rice rolls here, delicately thin and tender, are accompanied by delectable grilled and succulent fatty rolls, creating a harmonious combination that tantalizes the taste buds with every bite.
12. Grilled pork intestine 29A Nguyen Thiep
- Address: 29A Nguyen Thiep Street, Hoan Kiem District
- Opening hours: 5 pm - 10 pm
Gam Cau Street serves as a vibrant hub of famous restaurants in Hanoi, particularly popular among young people. A renowned establishment on this street is acclaimed for its signature dish of fragrant grilled pork intestine, which entices numerous diners every afternoon. Indulging in the crispy pork intestine here, perfectly complemented by a tantalizing spicy chili sauce, promises an irresistible feast for the taste buds.
13. Snail noodle soup 43 Nguyen Sieu
- Address: 43 Nguyen Sieu Street, Hoan Kiem District
- Opening hours: 6 am - 2 pm
For snail vermicelli enthusiasts, the renowned snail noodle soup eatery on Nguyen Sieu Street is an absolute must-visit. The menu at this establishment revolves around two main dishes: hot snail vermicelli and cold snail vermicelli. A bowl of snail vermicelli boasts simple yet delightful preparation, featuring snail meat cooked in a flavorful tomato broth, enhanced with a medley of herbs and green onions.
14. Where to eat in Hanoi? – Banh mi Dan To
- Address: Cao Thang Street, Hoan Kiem District
- Opening hours: 3 am - 7 am
Banh mi Dan To is a familiar name to many people, particularly the locals in Hanoi. This extraordinary eatery has garnered a reputation as one of the best places to eat in Hanoi, generating significant buzz and engagement on various social media platforms. Serving as a beloved spot for night owls, this establishment remains consistently bustling, with eager diners often waiting in long queues to savor the exceptional flavors of the traditional and delectable Vietnamese bread here.
15. Mixed chicken noodle soup 47 Ma May
- Address: 47 Ma May Street, Hoan Kiem District
- Opening hours: 6 am - 11 pm
Among the noteworthy best places to eat in Hanoi, one prominent name reigns supreme: the mixed chicken noodle soup on Ma May Street. This establishment captivates a multitude of diners with its distinct and unparalleled flavor profile.
The preparation for the mixed chicken noodle soup here is a testament to its culinary finesse. Every chicken used is meticulously chosen, selecting only the finest cuts such as thighs and breasts. The result is tender and succulent chicken, served alongside chewy noodles and delicately seasoned broth that offers a delightful hint of sourness.
16. Other best places to eat in Hanoi
Besides the aforementioned places, Hanoi boasts numerous renowned eateries that eagerly await food enthusiasts from across the globe. Below are the other 15 best places to eat in Hanoi:
- Pho Thin 61 Dinh Tien Hoang Street
- Vietnamese grilled pork with rice vermicelli 1 Hang Manh Street
- Thang Long fish cake 6B Duong Thanh Street
- Snail noodle soup at Dong Xuan Market
- West Lake shrimp cake 1 Thanh Nien Street
- Phuong fermented spring roll 10 Au Trieu Street
- Nhan's goose rice vermicelli 14 Trung Yen Alley
- Ms. Le’s snail 88 Cua Bac Street
- Xoi Yen (Vietnamese sticky rice) 35 Nguyen Huu Huan Street
- Steamed rice cakes with toppings (banh duc) 8 Le Ngoc Han Alley
- Vietnamese grilled pork with rice vermicelli 74 Hang Quat Street
- Ms. My’s chicken porridge 47 Ly Quoc Su Street
- Vietnamese rice noodles with fermented shrimp paste (bun dau mam tom) 31 Hang Khay Street
- Eel vermicelli noodle 1 Chan Cam Street
- Bread with wine sauce (banh mi sot vang) 252 Hang Bong Street
Besides discovering the best places to eat in Hanoi, don’t forget to visit some of the most famous attractions in the city, such as Hanoi Old Quarter, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Presidential Palace, Temple of Literature, One Pillar Pagoda, Ta Hien Street, Hanoi Opera House, Hoan Kiem Lake, Long Bien Bridge, Dong Xuan Market, Fine Arts Museum, and more.
For more entertainment, we suggest visiting VinKE & Vinpearl Aquarium Times City, conveniently situated within Vincom Mega Mall Times City. At Vinpearl Aquarium, you can indulge in a multitude of thrilling experiences, ranging from captivating penguin shows to enchanting mermaid performances. On the other hand, VinKE offers an exceptional indoor playground meticulously crafted to cater to children's needs, fostering their mental and physical development through a wide array of exhilarating activities.
>>> Book tickets to VinKE & Vinpearl Aquarium for numerous recreational and educational activities!
In addition to Hanoi, Vietnam boasts a plethora of beautiful tourist destinations that guarantee unforgettable Vietnam travel experiences. Don’t forget to include Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Hoi An, Da Nang, and Ha Long in your upcoming trip to the S-shaped country.
For a seamless stay in these remarkable destinations, look no further than Vinpearl's distinguished collection of hotels and resorts. As a premier lodging brand, Vinpearl offers an unparalleled experience, boasting exceptional services and top-notch amenities.
From expansive outdoor swimming pools and children's playgrounds to attentive babysitting services, exquisite restaurants, vibrant bars, and well-equipped gyms, every aspect of your stay is meticulously crafted to exceed your expectations. Embrace a world of unforgettable moments as you choose Vinpearl as your accommodation of choice.
Hanoi stands as a culinary paradise, offering a diverse array of dining options that cater to every palate. From iconic restaurants to hidden gems tucked away in alleyways, the best places to eat in Hanoi showcase the richness and authenticity of Vietnamese cuisine. Exploring the bustling streets of Hanoi and indulging in its gastronomic delights is an adventure that promises to leave food enthusiasts from around the world with unforgettable memories.
>>> Book tickets to VinKE & Vinpearl Aquarium to cherish unforgettable memories with your loved ones!