Ho Chi Minh City has long been known for its bustling street food stalls and rustic local eateries. However, the city has another side - a luxurious experience of fine dining in Saigon. Let’s explore 17 impeccable restaurants to satisfy your taste buds on your Vietnam travel.
1. Anan Saigon - A Michelin-starred restaurant in Ho Chi Minh City
- Address: Ground floor, 89 Ton That Dam, District 1
- Opening hours: 5:00 pm - 12:00 am (Tuesday - Sunday)
- Average price: From 185,000 VND/dish
Discover the essence of Ho Chi Minh City street food at Anan Saigon. This award-winning restaurant satisfies diners with progressive yet traditionally-rooted dishes, including the must-try banh mi Saigon and the delectable bone marrow pho. The delightful experience here extends to a cocktail bar and rooftop dining, ensuring a feast for all senses.
2. ROS Yacht Club - A famous spot for fine dining in Saigon
- Address: Bach Dang Wharf, 10B Ton Duc Thang, District 1
- Opening hours: 8:00 am - 11:00 pm
- Average price: 120,000 - 2,000,000 VND/dish and above
ROS, another spot for fine dining in Saigon, offers a mesmerizing view of the Saigon River while you enjoy its Pan-Asian food and drinks, creating a sense-awakening experience like nowhere else. By night, live DJ sessions create an electrifying atmosphere, providing guests with unforgettable up-till-the-AM experiences.
3. The Log Restaurant
- Address: 8 Nguyen Binh Khiem, District 1
- Opening hours: 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Average price: 1,650,000 VND/pax and above
Perched above the GEM Center building, The Log Restaurant draws inspiration from a wooden treehouse, evident in its red-brown wood decor and lush green plants. The restaurant offers two distinct areas for a la carte and buffet dining, allowing guests to choose between the outdoor or indoor setting. Reservations in advance are recommended.
>>> Explore 10+ things to do in Ho Chi Minh City to add to your itinerary!
4. Le Petit Chef - Exquisite fine dining in Ho Chi Minh City
- Address: Park Hyatt Saigon Hotel, 2 Lam Son Square, District 1
- Opening hours: 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm | 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Average price: 3,000,000 - 7,000,000 VND/pax
Indulge in a mesmerizing blend of entertainment and fine dining in Ho Chi Minh City at Le Petit Chef. With 3D projection mapping, your table transforms into an interactive screen, where the six-centimeter-tall chef will take you on a culinary journey to become the world's greatest chef. Customers can choose from two delightful five-course menus, including options for kids and vegans.
5. Truffle Restaurant
- Address: 73rd floor, Landmark 81, Binh Thanh District
- Opening hours: 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm
- Average price: 7,700,000 - 10,800,000 VND/pax and above
Truffle Restaurant, a pinnacle of fine dining in Saigon, towers more than 300 meters on Landmark 81 Vietnam. The grand dining area, enveloped by floor-to-ceiling windows, presents breathtaking views of Saigon as you savor exquisite truffle specialties. With menus that swap every two months, Truffle offers an inclusive culinary experience for all.
6. Basilico - A nice restaurant in Saigon for Italian dishes
- Address: Ground floor, InterContinental Residences Saigon, Nguyen Du - Hai Ba Trung Intersection, District 1
- Opening hours: 6:30 am - 10:30 pm
- Average price: 180,000 - 2,500,000 VND/dish
This fine dining restaurant Saigon exudes a warm ambience, with artisanal pizzas and a wide selection of wines. Basilico also offers an array of steaks from premium Australian cuts, as well as creative monthly signature dishes. Join Basilico for a delightful journey of Italian specialties, complemented by soulful melodies every Sunday.
7. Sol Kitchen & Bar
- Address: 115 Ly Tu Trong, District 1
- Opening hours: 5:00 pm - 2:00 am
- Average price: From 100,000 VND/dish
Experience fine dining in Saigon at Sol Kitchen & Bar, a Latin-America culinary oasis in District 1. The enticing menu here features mouth-watering empanadas, scallop ceviche, and burrata salad. Indulge in Sol's renowned marinated steak with chimichurri sauce, BBQ ribs glazed with fish sauce, and mojo sauce-infused roasted chicken.
>>> Discover the nightlife in Ho Chi Minh City for the most vivid and lively vacation!
8. Blanc. Restaurant - A spot for the best fine dining in Saigon
- Address: Lane 178-180D, Hai Ba Trung Street, District 1
- Opening hours: 5:30 pm - 11:00 pm
- Average price: From 150,000 VND/dish
With a team of hearing-impaired staff, Blanc. Restaurant takes a communication-centric approach, where guests will see how dining can be transformed when noise is minimized. The menu here includes fascinating starters like honey lemongrass grilled scallop, sous-vide pork, sea bass with truffle anchovy sauce, etc. Each dish is accompanied by visual aids on how to sign its name, so diners can easily communicate with the service staff.
9. Nous Dine - The first capsule restaurant in Vietnam
- Address: 42 Ly Tu Trong, District 1
- Opening hours: 7:00 pm - 10:30 pm (closed on Monday)
- Average price: 2,000,000 VND/pax
Nous Dine is the premier capsule restaurant for fine dining in Vietnam. With an intimate kitchen-side dining area, Nous offers a speakeasy vibe. Only 10 lucky guests per night can enjoy their omakase-style tasting menu overlooking the open kitchen, where the theme changes every three months for an impressive culinary adventure.
10. The Trieu Institute
- Address: 10 Mac Thi Buoi, District 1
- Opening hours:
- 11:30 am - 2:00 pm | 5:00 pm - 12:00 am (Monday - Friday)
- 5:00 pm - 12:00 am (Saturday & Sunday)
- Average price: From 120,000 VND/dish
This is an empowering all-woman restaurant named after Vietnam's famed heroine, Lady Trieu. As one of the best Saigon District 1 restaurants, The Trieu Institute shines with their exotic cocktails. The restaurant also focuses on crafting a menu infused with the same ingredients found in their gin. Here, guests can indulge in a five-course menu, complemented by cocktails. A la carte dining is also available, with recommended gin pairings for a truly immersive experience of fine dining in Saigon.
11. Mùa Craft Sake - A top-rated restaurant for Saigon fine dining
- Address: 7 Le Ngo Cat, District 3
- Opening hours: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Average price: 25,000 - 600,000 VND/dish
Mùa Craft Sake takes pride in being Ho Chi Minh City's pioneering taproom, merging Japanese tradition and Vietnamese flair. Mùa partners with Heiwa Shuzou - an award-winning Japanese sake brewery, infusing their sake with Vietnamese rice's fruity notes. Their menu artfully blends the influence of Japanese izakaya with the drinking culture of Vietnamese people.
>>> Grab a drink at Saigon cafes and indulge in the local lifestyle!
12. Sorae - Japanese fine dining in Saigon
- Address: 51st floor, Bitexco Financial Tower, 2 Hai Trieu, District 1
- Opening hours: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm | 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Average price: 85,000 - 2,000,000 VND/dish and above
Nestled on the same floor as the tower’s helipad, Sorae offers a grandeur setting with breathtaking views. Witness the skillful preparation of sashimi at the sushi & sake area, featuring a wide selection of Japan-imported sake and fresh seafood. The yakitori & beer area highlights skewered meats grilled by master Japanese chefs. For special occasions, Sorae presents exclusive VIP private dining rooms.
13. Noir - One of the must-visit Saigon restaurants in District 1
- Address: Lane 178-180D, Hai Ba Trung Street, District 1
- Opening hours: 5:30 pm - 11:00 pm (closed on Monday)
- Average price: 700,000 VND/pax and above
As a renowned spot for a fine dinner in Vietnam, Noir offers an unorthodox experience of Saigon fine dining in the dark. This concept remains intriguing, challenging guests to dine in pitch black and rely on their other senses. Led by visually-impaired staff, diners will embark on a sensory journey at Noir, which focuses on the culinary divergence of Western and Eastern influences.
14. Chevap - A taste of Balkan
- Address: No. 22A01, Road 64, District 2
- Opening hours: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Average price: 70,000 - 600,000 VND/dish
Chevap Saigon will take you on a feast through Balkan cuisine with both al fresco and indoor dining options. Here, you should savor the Mezze Platter, which features delightful dips and freshly baked Lepinja flatbread, before indulging in the best-selling Ćevapi. Don't forget to try the homemade Baklava to conclude your meal.
>>> Uncover the places to visit in Ho Chi Minh City for a most worthwhile journey to Vietnam!
15. Le Corto - A nice restaurant in Saigon
- Address: 5D Nguyen Sieu, District 1
- Opening hours: 11:00 am - 10:30 pm (open from 5:00 pm on Saturday)
- Average price: 150,000 - 2,000,000 VND/dish
Le Corto beautifully blends sophisticated design with adventurous spirit in their dishes to bring you the best food in Ho Chi Minh City. The menu features dishes like pan-fried foie gras with port jus and mango, tofu parfait adorned with salmon roe, and Dalat-grown micro-herbs. Complete your playful culinary journey with a berry pavlova paired with coriander sorbet.
16. Nén Light Restaurant
- Address: 122/2 Tran Dinh Xu, District 1
- Opening hours: 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm (closed on Tuesday)
- Average price: From 2,000,000 VND/pax
Discover Nén Light, a Michelin-recommended restaurant for fine dining in Saigon, where food and storytelling entwine in a serene bamboo garden. Currently, the restaurant is introducing the evocative “Sto:ry Menu” of 7 or 9 “story-telling” courses. Wine and sake pairings are available, or you can try a la carte or vegetarian options to experience their innovative creations with local ingredients.
17. The Refinery - Where to experience great fine dining in Saigon
- Address: 74 Hai Ba Trung, District 1
- Opening hours: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
- Average price: 250,000 - 800,000 VND/pax and above
This French brasserie and wine bar resides in a tranquil courtyard, showcasing a spacious outdoor terrace with French architectural elements. Some must-tries here include assorted cheese platters and an impressive wine collection. Regular events centered around wine and food pairing are also a highlight of The Refinery.
Apart from treating yourself to the charm and flair of fine dining in Saigon, don’t miss out on discovering the many historical and cultural attractions of Ho Chi Minh City, such as Bui Vien Walking Street, Saigon Notre Dame Cathedral, Independence Palace, Nguyen Hue Street, Cu Chi Tunnels, War Remnants Museum, Ton Duc Thang Museum, Saigon Central Post Office, Ben Thanh Market, etc.
In addition to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam also boasts many other stunning destinations that await your exploration, including pristine coastal cities like Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Ha Long, and Da Nang, or the charming ancient town of Hoi An.
For a splendid vacation in these destinations, it is recommended that you stay at the hotel and resort system of Vinpearl. As one of the leading hospitality brands in the country, Vinpearl promises all-inclusive services and top-notch amenities. At Vinpearl, you can enjoy fancy rooms with stunning views, swimming pools, restaurants, spas, and much more. Also, if you seek even more fun and thrill, the entertainment complexes of VinWonders are definitely worth adding to your itinerary.
While you are in Ho Chi Minh City, make sure to embark on a journey of fine dining in Saigon. From the curiosity-triggering “dining in the dark” experience at Noir, the 3D projections that will excite your inner child at Le Petit Chef, to the global fusions at other wonderful Saigon fine dining restaurants, there are plenty of options for a feast beyond pure culinary delights.