If you are planning a vacation to this beautiful country, it does not get more spectacular than this Vietnam itinerary 1 month. For 30 amazing days, you will embark on a journey to the greatest attractions and fully immerse yourself in Vietnamese culture. So pack your bags and get ready for an amazing trip from the north to the south of Vietnam.
1. The complete Vietnam itinerary 4 weeks from North to South
This Vietnam itinerary 1 month features a whopping 10 destinations across all three major regions of the country for you to visit. Get ready to set foot in the most historically significant and world-renowned destinations for 4 amazing weeks.
1.1. Day 1-2: Hanoi
Hanoi, the bustling capital of Vietnam, sets the stage for an incredible journey through the country on your 1-month itinerary. Hanoi travel offers a fascinating blend of old-world charm, modern energy, rich history, vibrant culture, and delectable cuisine.
- Hanoi Old Quarter: Lose yourself in its narrow, winding streets filled with colorful shops, aromatic street food stalls, and lively atmosphere.
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum: Pay respects to the revered leader and witness the meticulous preservation of his embalmed body.
- Presidential Palace: Marvel at the French colonial architecture and stroll through the tranquil gardens.
- Temple of Literature: Admire traditional Vietnamese architecture, picturesque courtyards, and serene gardens.
1.2. Day 3-5 of Vietnam itinerary 1 month: Halong Bay
For the second destination, this Vietnam itinerary 1 month will take you to a certified paradise: Ha Long Bay. With its breathtaking limestone formations and tranquil waters, it is a true highlight of the journey.
- Bai Tu Long Bay: Escape the crowds and indulge in serene beaches, kayaking adventures, and immersing yourself in charming fishing villages.
- Ti Top Island: Climb to the island's summit for panoramic vistas, take a refreshing dip in the crystal-clear waters, and unwind on the pristine beach.
- Sung Sot Cave: Be awestruck by the mesmerizing stalactite formations as you venture through this expansive and awe-inspiring cave system.
1.3. Day 6-7 of 4-week itinerary in Vietnam: Ninh Binh
The journey continues at Ninh Binh, an underrated gem of Northern Vietnam tourism. It offers breathtaking natural wonders and historical marvels, perfect for avid natural explorers and history buffs.
- Hoa Lu Ancient Capital: Immerse yourself in Vietnam's history with ancient temples and ruins.
- Trang An Scenic Landscape Complex: Take a boat ride through stunning limestone karsts and serene waterways.
- Bai Dinh Pagoda: Marvel at the grandeur of Southeast Asia's largest pagoda complex.
- Van Long Nature Reserve: Embark on a tranquil boat trip, spotting rare bird species and enjoying the lush surroundings.
>>> Vietnam is one of the most exciting countries for an Asia travel plan!
1.4. Day 8-10: Hue
The historic theme of the Vietnam itinerary 1 month continues as we move into the Central region. No destination is better for exploring Vietnam traditions and history than the Old Capital itself, Hue.
- Thien Mu Pagoda: Marvel at the seven-tiered pagoda, soak in serene surroundings, and enjoy panoramic views of the Perfume River.
- Perfume River: Take a leisurely boat ride along the scenic river, capturing the essence of Hue's beauty.
- An Dinh Palace: Immerse yourself in the imperial history of Hue as you explore the grand architecture and tranquil gardens.
- Mausoleum Of Emperor Minh Mang: Pay homage to Emperor Minh Mang at his final resting place, surrounded by lush gardens and ornate structures.
1.5. Day 11-13: Da Nang - Must-visit place in Vietnam 4-week itinerary
Da Nang, the fifth destination in your Vietnam itinerary 1 month, offers a blend of natural beauty and cultural landmarks. These outstanding attractions stand for the most prominent traits of this rapidly developing city:
- Dragon Bridge: Marvel at the mesmerizing dragon-shaped bridge while enjoying its spectacular fire and water show.
- My Khe Beach: Relax on the pristine shores, indulge in water sports, or simply soak up the sun.
- Linh Ung Pagoda: Visit this serene Buddhist temple, known for its towering Guanyin statue and panoramic views.
1.6. Day 14-18: Hoi An
Hoi An is a must-have entry in this Vietnam itinerary 1 month for its timeless charm and cultural treasures. Uncover the very best things about this town by checking out these attractions:
- Hoi An Ancient Town: Stroll through the atmospheric streets, admire ancient architecture, and immerse yourself in its rich history.
- Japanese Bridge: Marvel at this iconic bridge, a symbol of Hoi An, which boasts intricate design and fascinating legends.
- Hoi An night market: Experience a vibrant atmosphere, sample local street food, and shop for handmade crafts and souvenirs.
- Tan Ky Old House: Step back in time as you explore this beautifully preserved merchant house with unique architectural features.
- My Son Sanctuary: Venture out of Hoi An to discover the ancient ruins of My Son, an impressive Cham temple complex.
>>> Hoi An harbors a distinctive vibe compared to other Central Vietnam destinations!
1.7. Day 19-21 of Vietnam itinerary 1 month: Nha Trang
For the seventh destination on the itinerary, it is time for some vitamin sea at the coastal gem of Nha Trang. Aside from pristine beaches, this city also entices visitors with historical landmarks and bustling markets.
- Nha Trang beaches: Relax on the pristine sandy shores, soak up the sun, and indulge in water sports.
- Po Nagar Cham Towers: Immerse yourself in the ancient Cham culture as you admire the intricate architecture of these sacred towers.
- Dam Market: Experience the vibrant local life at this bustling market, where you can shop for souvenirs, fresh produce, and street food delights.
1.8. Day 22-24: Dalat
Da Lat, the eighth destination in our Vietnam itinerary 1 month, offers a delightful mix of natural beauty and cultural attractions. Explore the most trending destination in the country with these incredible attractions:
- Tuyen Lam Lake: Enjoy a tranquil boat ride and soak in the breathtaking scenery surrounding this picturesque lake.
- Linh Phuoc Pagoda: Marvel at the intricate mosaic artistry and pay homage to the stunning Buddhist statues.
- Lam Vien Square: Immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere, filled with street performances, food stalls, and local crafts.
- Da Lat waterfalls: Discover the cascading beauty of majestic and romantic waterfalls, perfect for nature lovers and photographers.
1.9. Day 25-27 of 4 weeks in Vietnam: Ho Chi Minh City
It is impossible to make a Vietnam itinerary 1 month without including Ho Chi Minh City. The vibrant metropolis, formerly known as Saigon, is the ninth stop on this amazing journey.
- Saigon Notre Dame Cathedral: Feast your eyes on the stunning French colonial architecture and take gorgeous photos.
- Independence Palace: Step back in time as you visit the historic presidential palace and its preserved rooms.
- Saigon Central Post Office: Admire the elegant neoclassical design and send postcards from this iconic landmark.
- Ben Thanh Market: Immerse yourself in the bustling atmosphere, shop for local crafts, and savor delicious street food.
>>> Ho Chi Minh City is the crown jewel of South Vietnam!
1.10. Day 28-30 of Vietnam 1-month itinerary: Phu Quoc Island
Last but not least, the final stop of the Vietnam itinerary 1 month is the heavenly Phu Quoc. This tropical paradise boasts an array of highlights worth exploring:
- Long Beach: Relax on pristine shores, bask in the sun, and indulge in delicious seafood dishes.
- Starfish Beach: Discover vibrant starfish and enjoy snorkeling in crystal-clear turquoise waters.
- Phu Quoc Night Market: Immerse yourself in a bustling culinary scene, savoring delicious street food and shopping for souvenirs.
- Phu Quoc Prison: Gain insights into Vietnam's history at this former prison, reflecting on the country's wartime struggles.
2. Valuable tips for your 1 month in Vietnam
Finding out the best attractions to visit is only one part of the planning process. To come up with a complete Vietnam itinerary 1 month, you will need to do some research on the budget, transportation, and accommodations.
2.1. One month in Vietnam budget
When planning your budget for a one-month adventure in Vietnam, it is crucial to consider various categories. Here is a breakdown for each:
- Flights: Expect to spend around $500-$1000 for a round-trip ticket, depending on the season and booking in advance.
- Accommodations: Prices can range from $30-$40 per night, depending on the location and amenities.
- Food: Set aside around $20-$30 per day for three meals, including street food and local eateries.
- Transportation: Estimate around $15-$20 per day for local transportation within cities and intercity travel.
- Activities: Budget approximately $5-$10 per day for entrance fees.
- Miscellaneous: Allocate around $5-$10 per day for miscellaneous expenses.
2.2. Getting to and around Vietnam
Vietnam offers a diverse range of transportation options to explore the country during your vacation. Here are the popular methods of getting to and around the country for the Vietnam itinerary 1 month:
- Flights: Flights are a convenient and time-saving option for covering long distances.
- Trains: The trains offer various classes, including sleeper options for overnight journeys.
- Buses: They cover routes within cities as well as intercity connections, with different bus companies offering varying levels of comfort.
- Taxis and Ride-hailing Services: Widely available in major cities, they offer a convenient way to get around.
- Motorbikes and Scooters: Renting a motorbike or scooter is a popular option, especially for exploring smaller towns and rural areas. However, ensure you have the necessary driving skills and adhere to local traffic regulations.
- Cyclos and Xe Om: Cyclos are three-wheeled bicycles with a passenger seat in the front, often used for short rides within city centers. Xe Om refers to motorbike taxis, where passengers ride pillion.
- Ferries and Boats: These are essential for reaching destinations like Halong Bay, Cat Ba Island, and the Mekong Delta.
If you have any other destinations in mind, feel free to add them in place of the 10 listed. Sapa, Hai Phong, Nghe An, Vung Tau, and the entire Mekong Delta region are some other great options for you.
Speaking of a dream vacation, Vinpearl accommodations are perfect if you feel like treating yourself to an incredible trip. Vinpearl is a renowned hospitality brand in Vietnam, offering luxurious accommodations and excellent hospitality services. Alongside their exquisite resorts and hotels, VinWonders amusement parks provide thrilling entertainment for visitors of all ages.
A Vietnam itinerary 1 month lets you embark on a captivating and enriching journey through Vietnam. From the historic streets of Hanoi to the vibrant energy of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam offers a tapestry of breathtaking landscapes, rich history, and warm hospitality. Immerse yourself in the diverse culture, indulge in delicious cuisine, and explore hidden gems at every turn. A month in Vietnam is an adventure that will leave you with cherished memories and a deep appreciation for this remarkable country.