A Vietnam beach holiday is an enchanting journey that weaves together the rhythm of the sea and the vibrant tapestry of Vietnamese culture. As a jewel in the crown of Vietnam travel, the country's beaches unveil a fusion of natural beauty and warm hospitality. Join us on a virtual voyage as we explore the enchanting realms of Vietnam beaches.
1. When is the best time for Vietnam beach holidays?
For travelers considering Vietnam beach holidays, it is essential to grasp the intricacies of Vietnam weather for an all-around delightful experience. The prime season for beach holidays in Vietnam spans from July to August, which also falls into the peak season in Vietnam. The other months lean towards being warmer and more humid, making them somewhat less favorable for beach exploration, not to mention the likelihood of unexpected sea storms.
2. The best places in Vietnam for a beach holiday
2.1. Phu Quoc’s beaches
- Long Beach: Stretching along the island's western coast, Long Beach captivates visitors with its white sands and gentle waves. It is an ideal spot for long walks, water activities, and catching sunsets.
- Starfish Beach: Known for its incredibly soft sand and shallow turquoise water, Starfish Beach provides a tranquil escape. The serene atmosphere and picturesque surroundings make it a must-visit spot.
- Ong Lang Beach: For those seeking an ever quieter retreat, Ong Lang Beach offers a secluded experience. The coconut-fringed shoreline and calm water create a serene environment for relaxation.
2.2. Nha Trang’s beaches
Nha Trang is among Vietnam's most captivating coastal destinations. In 2003, it was recognized as one of the world's 29 most beautiful bays by UNESCO. Notable Nha Trang beaches include those in Hon Chong Promontory, Monkey Island, Hon Tre Island, and Hon Mun Island. They are not just picturesque but also offer a wealth of activities for every kind of visitor. From underwater adventures like snorkeling and sea walking to thrilling water sports such as parasailing, flyboarding, and kayaking, visitors have a myriad of options to immerse themselves in the beauty of this coastal haven.
2.3. Da Nang’s beaches
- My Khe Beach: Renowned for its long stretch of golden sands and clear blue waters, My Khe Beach is a popular destination for both locals and visitors. It offers ideal conditions for various water activities, including swimming, surfing, and jet-skiing.
- Black Rock Beach: This gem offers a unique, off-the-beaten-path experience. As the name suggests, Black Rock Beach is characterized by black rocks scattered along the shoreline. These create a visually striking contrast against the white sands and azure waters.
- Man Thai Beach: This beach is celebrated for its secluded setting, offering visitors a peaceful escape from the more crowded beaches. Visitors can stroll along the shoreline, sunbathe, and soak in the unspoiled beauty of Man Thai Beach while enjoying the gentle sounds of the waves.
- Tien Sa Beach: Tien Sa’s calm waters are fantastic for various waterfront activities. Its proximity to other attractions, like Tien Sa Port, makes it easy for visitors to unwind, explore, and appreciate the multifaceted coastal offerings of Da Nang.
2.4. Ha Long’s beaches
- Ti Top Island: Ti Top Island is a gem within Ha Long Bay, featuring a picturesque beach that complements the bay's surreal landscape. Visitors can relish the sandy shore, swim in the emerald water, and ascend to the island's summit for panoramic views.
- Tuan Chau Island: Tuan Chau Island, a prominent part of Ha Long Bay's allure, boasts not only cultural entertainment but also a lovely beach. Visitors can enjoy the sandy expanse, engage in water activities, and explore the vibrant atmosphere of the island.
- Soi Sim Island: Nestled within the breathtaking panorama of Ha Long Bay, Soi Sim Island features a charming beach that invites visitors to unwind in a pristine setting. The island also offers hiking trails for those seeking a touch of adventure alongside their beach experience.
2.5. Hoi An’s beaches
- An Bang Beach: Situated a short distance from Hoi An, An Bang Beach is one of the most popular Central Vietnam beaches. It is known for its pristine sandy shore. Visitors can unwind on the beach, explore beachfront cafes, and enjoy a laid-back atmosphere.
- Cua Dai Beach: Cua Dai Beach is another picturesque stretch of coastline near Hoi An. With golden sands and swaying palm trees, it offers a serene escape. Visitors can relax under beach umbrellas, partake in water sports, and savor fresh seafood at beachside restaurants.
- Ha My Beach: Ha My Beach, known for its unspoiled beauty, is a serene option for beachgoers. The long coastline lined with coconut palms creates a postcard-perfect setting. It is ideal for leisurely walks, beach picnics, and enjoying the soothing sounds of the sea.
3. Recommended things to do on Vietnam beach holidays
3.1. Participate in water sports and recreational activities
For enthusiasts seeking an adrenaline rush and a splash of excitement, Vietnam's coastal destinations offer a plethora of water sports and recreational activities to satiate your adventurous spirit. Here are some of the most popular options:
- Snorkeling and scuba diving: Explore coral reefs, encounter diverse marine life, and witness the mesmerizing beauty beneath the waves. Scuba diving in Nha Trang and Phu Quoc snorkeling offer fantastic opportunities for these underwater explorations.
- Jet skiing and parasailing: For an exhilarating experience, try jet skiing or parasailing along the open waters. Feel the thrill of speed while taking in the panoramic views of the coastline. My Khe Beach is a great spot to consider.
- Kayaking: Navigate through hidden caves, pristine lagoons, and picturesque islets. Ha Long Bay is renowned for its kayaking-friendly landscapes, allowing you to paddle through breathtaking scenery.
- Beach volleyball and beach games: Unwind with some beach volleyball or engage in friendly beach games. Many coastal areas, like An Bang Beach in Hoi An, provide the perfect sandy courts for a leisurely match.
3.2. Enjoy a lot of delicious dishes from seafood
Exploring the coastal beauty of Vietnam, you have the opportunity to not only witness breathtaking landscapes but also embark on a culinary journey with Vietnamese seafood. Here are some standout dishes from that you absolutely must try:
- Bào ngư nướng Phú Quốc: Grilled abalone, with its tender texture and subtle sweetness, is a culinary delight that captures the essence of this coastal paradise.
- Mực rim mè Nha Trang: Squid rimmed with zesty tamarind creates a harmonious blend of flavors that reflects the vibrant coastal character of Nha Trang’s Vietnamese food.
- Ghẹ sữa rim mặn Đà Nẵng: Sentinel crabs are expertly rimmed with salt, delivering a delightful combination of brininess and sweetness, showcasing the coastal culinary prowess of Da Nang.
- Cháo hàu sữa Hạ Long: This porridge combines the delicate sweetness of scallops with a creamy base, creating a nourishing and soul-warming dish that reflects the maritime charm of the bay.
- Cơm hến Hội An: This rice dish features baby clams served with fragrant herbs, crispy shallots, and a distinctive sauce, showcasing the culinary diversity of this historic town.
3.3. Explore landmarks or attractions near beach areas
Venturing along the captivating coastline of Vietnam, visitors can also uncover landmarks and attractions that enhance the overall coastal experience. One such option is to marvel at the vastness of the ocean from iconic lighthouses such as Vung Tau Light House and Ke Ga Light House. They not only provide awe-inspiring panoramic views but also serve as historical beacons, offering insights into the maritime heritage of the region.
Or, you can embark on a journey to charming fishing villages like Ham Ninh Fishing Village, Mui Ne Fishing Village, and Cua Van Floating Village. These coastal communities offer the chance to engage with the local fishermen, where you can witness the daily lives of those who depend on the sea for their livelihoods.
4. Where to stay on Vietnam beach holidays?
To explore Vietnam's coastal gems, visitors can choose from a diverse range of accommodation options, ranging from budget-friendly to luxurious. Among the top choices in the luxury segment is Vinpearl’s hotel and resort system. Vinpearl is renowned for upscale facilities, including restaurants serving unique dishes, relaxing spa centers, large swimming pools, etc. The spacious rooms, with elegant designs and modern amenities, create a comfortable atmosphere. In addition to luxurious stays, visitors can also enjoy the entertainment paradises of VinWonder, which offers exciting games, mesmerizing shows, and engaging cultural experiences.
5. What to pack for your Vietnam beach holidays?
When preparing for your Vietnam beach holidays, it is essential to pack wisely to ensure a comfortable experience. Here is a checklist of items to consider:
- Light clothing: Pack breathable clothing suitable for warm weather. T-shirts, shorts, and sundresses are ideal.
- Sun protection: Bring sunscreen with high SPF to protect your skin from the strong tropical sun. Additionally, pack a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses, and a lightweight cover-up.
- Footwear: Comfortable sandals or flip-flops are essential for beach outings. If you plan on exploring on foot, consider packing a pair of comfortable walking shoes.
- Swimwear: Don't forget to pack your swimsuit for water activities. It is also handy to have a quick-drying towel.
- Lightweight backpack: A small backpack is useful for day trips, allowing you to carry essentials.
- Camera or smartphone: Capture beautiful moments of your beach holiday with a camera or smartphone. Consider a waterproof case if you plan on taking photos near the water.
- Cash and cards: While credit cards are widely accepted in urban areas, it is advisable to carry some cash, especially in more remote locations.
>>> Read more: Travel to Vietnam tips: All guides a newcomer should know
Vietnam beach holidays invite you to a tapestry of sun-kissed shores and turquoise waters. As the tropical sun casts its warm glow upon the sandy beaches, each wave carries whispers of a rich maritime heritage and beckons travelers to discover the unique allure of Vietnam's coastal destinations.