Vietnam travel is an experience that every adventurer should add to their bucket list. If you are planning a trip to Vietnam and have two weeks to spare, then you are in for a treat. This article will take you on a journey through the best of Vietnam with a Vietnam 2-week itinerary.
1. Day 1 and 2 of the Vietnam 2-week itinerary: Ho Chi Minh City
Vietnam 2-week itinerary is not complete without a visit to Ho Chi Minh City, the largest metropolis in Vietnam. This vibrant city, formerly known as Saigon, is rich in history, culture, and cuisine. The city is a perfect blend of old and new, with modern skyscrapers towering over ancient temples.
- Visit the War Remnants Museum and Independence Palace to learn about Vietnam's history
- Admire the architectural beauty of Saigon Notre Dame Cathedral and Central Post Office
- Explore the underground network of tunnels at Cu Chi Tunnels
- Go shopping and buy local specialties at the famous Ben Thanh Market
- Experience the vibrant nightlife of the city at Landmark 81 Vietnam, Bui Vien Walking Street, and Nguyen Hue Street
- Discover Sai Gon cuisine with banh mi Saigon and Vietnamese broken rice at Ho Thi Ky Flower Market and Hanh Thong Tay Market
2. Day 3 and 4 of Vietnam 14-day itinerary: Phu Quoc
With its stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, and laid-back atmosphere, Phu Quoc offers a perfect blend of relaxation and adventure. Here are some of the top activities to do on the island:
- Take part in beach sports at Long Beach, Starfish Beach, and Ong Lang Beach
- Experience fantastic activities at Grand World Phu Quoc, an entertainment and shopping complex belonging to Phu Quoc United Center
- Relax to the fullest at VinWonders Phu Quoc, one of the largest theme parks in Vietnam with various indoor and outdoor activities for visitors of all ages
- See animals from all over the world at Vinpearl Safari Phu Quoc, the very first semi-wild animal conservation park in the country
- Explore the bustling local markets, such as Phu Quoc Night Market and Duong Dong Market, and indulge in some souvenir shopping
- Enjoy fresh seafood and watch the sunset at Ham Ninh Fishing Village, a charming fishing village with a stunning beachfront setting
>>> Book tickets of VinWonders Phu Quoc to enjoy a day full of fun and laughter!
3. Day 5 and 6 of 2-week itinerary in Vietnam: Nha Trang
Day 5 and 6 of your 2 week itinerary for Vietnam will take you to the beautiful coastal city of Nha Trang. With its turquoise waters, white sandy beaches, and vibrant nightlife, Nha Trang is a must-visit destination in Vietnam.
Here are some top things to do in Nha Trang:
- Visit Po Nagar Cham Towers, a complex of ancient temples dating back to the 7th century
- Relax at Nha Trang beaches, such as Bai Dai Beach and Doc Let Beach
- Participate in thrilling activities at VinWonders Nha Trang, a fantastic amusement park located on Hon Tre Island
- Go snorkeling on Hon Mun Island, where you can discover the colorful coral reefs
- Explore marine life at the National Oceanographic Museum, which showcases an impressive collection of creatures and exhibits
- Experience Nha Trang's nightlife at its best by visiting the bars in Nha Trang, such as Sailing Club Nha Trang, Skylight Rooftop Bar, and Infinity Pool Bar - Vinpearl Beachfront Nha Trang.
>>> Book tickets of VinWonders Nha Trang and get ready to immerse yourself in excitement and adventure!
4. How to spend 2 weeks in Vietnam? – Day 7 and 8: Hoi An
On day 7 and 8 of your 2 week itinerary in Vietnam, head to Hoi An, a charming city that combines ancient beauty with modern flair.
- Admire the unspoiled beauty of An Bang Beach, a long stretch of golden sand that is perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports
- Explore Hoi An Ancient Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site filled with historic buildings, temples, and pagodas
- Visit the iconic Japanese Bridge, Tan Ky Old House, and Quan Cong Temple, which are some of the most popular attractions in Hoi An Ancient Town
- Wander around Hoi An night markets, where you can sample the local food, shop for souvenirs, and soak up the lively atmosphere
- Drop by some iconic Hoi An cafes, such as Faifo Coffee, Mia Coffee, and Hoi An Roastery, which offer a cozy and relaxing ambiance
- Engage in exciting activities at VinWonders Nam Hoi An, a massive amusement park with a wide range of entertainment options that blend the distinct cultural aspects of Vietnam and the world
>>> Book tickets of VinWonders Nam Hoi An in advance to get better deals!
5. Day 9 and 10 of Vietnam 14-day itinerary: Da Nang
Da Nang is a city that combines natural beauty with urban vibrancy, making it an excellent destination for any traveler on a Vietnam 2-week itinerary.
- Explore the iconic Dragon Bridge and Han River Bridge, two of the city's most famous landmarks that light up at night with colorful displays
- Enjoy a leisurely stroll along the golden sand of My Khe Beach, a picturesque beach perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and surfing
- Go shopping and sample the local food at Han Market, a bustling marketplace where you can find everything, from fresh seafood to handmade souvenirs
- Take a sightseeing tour to Linh Ung Pagoda, a magnificent Buddhist temple that offers stunning views of the city and the ocean
- Visit Ho Chi Minh Museum and Dong Dinh Art Museum, two fascinating cultural attractions that showcase Vietnam's rich history and art
- Take a trek to Ban Co Peak, a mountain that offers panoramic views of Da Nang and the surrounding countryside
6. Day 11 of Vietnam 2-week itinerary: Ninh Binh
On day 11 of your Vietnam 2-week itinerary, you will be heading to the province of Ninh Binh. It is a perfect break from the hustle and bustle of the cities, and a chance to immerse yourself in Vietnam's natural beauty and rich cultural heritage.
- Visit Hoa Lu Ancient Capital, the former political center of Vietnam during the Dinh and Le dynasties. Here, you can explore ancient temples, pagodas, and palaces.
- Explore Trang An, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that features breathtaking limestone cliffs, lush forests, and winding rivers. Take a boat ride through the complex and visit Tam Coc and Trang An caves.
- Enjoy a bike ride to Bich Dong Pagoda, a serene Buddhist temple nestled inside a limestone cave. The ride will take you through the picturesque countryside, with rice paddies, mountains, and rivers along the way.
7. What to see in Vietnam in 14 days? – Day 12: Ha Long
Ha Long Bay is truly a unique and unforgettable destination that should not be missed during your Vietnam 2-week itinerary. The scenery is awe-inspiring and the experience of cruising around the bay is truly magical.
- Visit Sung Sot Cave, also known as Surprise Cave, which is the largest and most famous cave in Ha Long Bay. It features stunning rock formations and colorful light that illuminates the cave's interior.
- Take a trip to Ti Top Island, a small island with a beautiful beach. You can climb to the top of the island for a stunning panoramic view of the bay and surrounding islands.
- Take a cruise around Ha Long Bay and soak in the breathtaking views of the limestone formations rising out of the water.
- Watch the sunset over Ha Long Bay, which is considered one of the most spectacular sunsets in Vietnam. As the sun sets, the limestone formations change color, creating a stunning display of light and shadows.
8. Day 13 and 14 of Vietnam 2-week itinerary: Hanoi
Near the end of your 2 week Vietnam trip, your final stop is the vibrant and enchanting city of Hanoi. This bustling capital is a perfect blend of traditional Vietnamese culture and modern city life, with endless opportunities for exploration and discovery.
With affordable accommodations and delicious street food, Hanoi is also an ideal place for travelers who are considering 2 weeks in Vietnam cost. Let's take a closer look at some highlights of Hanoi travel:
- Wander the bustling streets of Hanoi Old Quarter and soak up the energy of the city as you explore every nook and cranny
- Stroll around Hoan Kiem Lake and be amazed by the serenity of Ngoc Son Temple
- Delve into Hanoi's fascinating history by visiting the iconic Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and One Pillar Pagoda
- Be enchanted by the traditional art of Hanoi and see a captivating Hanoi water puppet show at Thang Long Water Puppet Theater
- Treat your taste buds to Hanoi's mouth-watering dishes, including turmeric fish, bun dau mam tom, and pho rolls
- For some family fun, head to VinKE & Vinpearl Aquarium to discover a mesmerizing underwater world and have fun with many interactive activities
>>> Book tickets of Vinpearl Aquarium and VinKE for a quality time with your family and friends!
***Note: This Vietnam 2-week itinerary is for reference only, and the number of days spent at each destination can be adjusted according to your preferences.
As you plan your Vietnam 2-week itinerary, consider making your stay at Vinpearl, a renowned hospitality brand that will elevate your experience to a new level. Vinpearl’s properties are perfectly located in Vietnam's most popular tourist destinations, including Vinpearl Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Nha Trang, Vinpearl Resort & Golf Nam Hoi An, and Vinpearl Resort & Spa Ha Long.
Vinpearl offers an exquisite selection of accommodations, ranging from elegantly designed hotels to spacious villas, each with stunning views of the surrounding landscapes.
But that's not all! Vinpearl also boasts world-class amenities that cater to the needs of every traveler. Take a dip in the crystal-clear swimming pools, work out at the state-of-the-art fitness centers, or perfect your swing at the immaculately manicured golf courses. And when it comes to dining, Vinpearl has got you covered with its fine-dining restaurants that serve up an array of delicious and exotic dishes.
Vietnam is a not-to-be-missed destination in Southeast Asia, with stunning natural landscapes, rich history and culture, and delicious cuisine. Planning a Vietnam 2-week itinerary can be a daunting task, but with this guide, you can rest assured that you will experience the very best of Vietnam. So, pack your bags and get ready for an adventure of a lifetime in Vietnam!